Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Josh Doctson WR TCU

PCS

Welcome to the Redskins young man. Here's hoping for a long,successful career with Cousins and the rest of the Redskins. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/josh-doctson?id=2555343

OVERVIEW

Doctson started his collegiate career at Wyoming before transferring back to his home state. He became Heisman Trophy candidate Trevone Boykin's favorite target (65 receptions, 1,018 yards, 11 TD) as a junior and ramped up his game even more in 2015, earning consensus first team All-American honors with a school-record 79 catches for 1,337 yards and 14 scores. Doctson only played in 11 games this year, only sparingly in one of those contests, as he suffered a wrist injury when players fell on him after a catch. The 2015 Fred Biletnikoff Award finalist finished second in TCU history in career receptions and yards, and set the record for touchdown receptions, despite starting his career at another school.

ANALYSIS STRENGTHS  Targeted 36.5 percent of the time and has the mentality of a lead receiver. Silky vertical routes with ability to make subtle shifts to get past corners waiting to put hands on him. Consistent in his play speed. Good accelerator off stutter­-step release. Able to create late separation down the field with body lean and quiet hand usage. Touchdown maker who has rung up 25 receiving touchdowns over last two years despite missing three games this season. Climbs to snare jump balls and has body control to adjust in mid­air. Hands are very strong helping him secure catches through contact. Has ability to make defenses pay after the catch. Isn't overwhelmed by physical cornerbacks trying to force him into the boundary and can play through it to make winning catches downfield. WEAKNESSES  Tall but needs to add more muscle to prepare for physical, press cornerbacks. Played in offense that created plenty of space to work in. Needs a greater commitment as a blocker. Was rarely pressed, but had issues coming out cleanly when he was. Doesn't look sudden or urgent in his routes and is upright into his breaks. Out-­breaking routes are rounded and obvious. Suffered a broken wrist in early November. DRAFT PROJECTION  Round 1

Click LInk for More

Doctson can give us something we don't have.  A big receiver who can block and catch (although it sounds like he needs to grow into a blocker according to the write up). Since McCloughan loves tough guys I'm going to guess that Doctson will be a willing blocker and loves all aspects of the game. More, he gives us a second big red zone threat with him and Jordan Reed.

I was thinking defense... DL or LB with an outside shot at center, but the center was taken. I'm not unhappy with us taking talent.

Right off the bat, I'm not feeling it.  Just feels like WTF after the way we were run out of the playoffs and those 2 big Alabama DT's sitting there. I hope to God his talent is head and shoulders over the closest defensive player,... But, it's early and there's still plenty of opportunity to the build the D.

McCloughan.

"I told Kirk when he came in—and his wife must have hugged me for 10 minutes because he just went from making $600,000 to $19.9 million—I told him, "You take care of me and this organization, we're going to take care of you. I promise. And we're going to build this roster to where you can be average and still be good. I promise you."

"The thing about nowadays—and you're completely right—but the thing about nowadays is the way the season is set up and the way the game is set up, it's about scoring points."

Love this pick. DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon will be free agents after this season, and with the huge contract that we just gave Norman, the huge contacts that we're going to have to give Jordan Reed and Kirk Cousins, this is a very good pick #HTTR

Cowboys fans after our pick:

"nooooooooooooo!!!!!"

"Damn docs gone to wash crap"

"Great pick for the hated Skins."

"Skins just got a stud."

"Really good pick for the Redskins."

"Our cbs just said ffffffffdddddddnnnn really"

"Hate that pick from our standpoint. Would have rather them have taken a DT because I think our line can handle any DT. Don't think our secondary can handle many WRs."

"I hate the Redskins."

"Damn...foreskins pulled the trigger on Doctson. Another weapon for Cousins. Yikes"

"Cowboys and Redskins with damn fine picks....Eagles and Giants very questionable IMO"

Love this pick. With Garcon and Djax as FAs next season, this is definitely a need, but it's also BPA when looking at the class this year.

This opens up Jay Gruden's playbook so much, it's gonna be fun. If you watch old film of Gruden's offense in Cinci, he loved to throw fades to A.J. Green and Marvin Jones in the Red Zone. We finally have a guy besides J. Reed who can go up and get it in the toughest spot of the field to convert a play in. Love it.

I don't think it has anything to do with Garcon or DJax.  That would imply we're drafting for need which is what short sighted (old regime) teams do.  Doctson was best player available by a wide margin I'm guessing.  SM is a great GM.  Just keeps adding pieces.

Right off the bat, I'm not feeling it. Just feels like WTF after the way we were run out of the playoffs and those 2 big Alabama DT's sitting there. I hope to God his talent is head and shoulders over the closest defensive player,... But, it's early and there's still plenty of opportunity to the build the D.

Nobody else has taken them either. Hmmm. Maybe Scot knows something about this here draft thing.

DL will be abundant in the next couple of rounds.

Archived