Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most hated teams and most memorable games

ThePackisback

And who are other teams you don't mind. Also which Redskins games are the most memorable in terms of the best wins you guys remember and the most painful losses. My most hated teams are in this order.

1.Vikings

2.Bears

3.Lions

4.Seahawks

5. Patriots and Giants and Cowgirls in a tie lol.

Other teams I don't mind are the Redskins and Cardinals.

My most memorable wins is 2010 playoffs beating the snot out of Atlanta in their backyard 48-21 and the 2003 playoff win vs the Seahawks. Worst loss was last year's NFC championship game vs Seattle.

Despise the Packers.......most painful loss was this year's playoff game, and best win was beating Green Bay 16-3 in 1972.

I kid!

Best win was Riggo's 4th and 1 to win Super Bowl 17. Beating Dallas in NFCCG the week prior a close second.

Most painful loss was losing to Dallas 35-34 in 1979 finale, knocking us from the division title AND the playoffs.

Back in the day I hated the Cowboys and then the Eagles.  I don't know if I'm just getting old, but its tough for me to have been able to hate any specific team recently because the Redskins have been such a train wreck.  Hopefully we are on the verge of becoming playoff regulars and can develop some good rivalries with other top NFC teams.

Seattle is the only team I hate. I hope the world opens up and swallows them whole but somehow Kam Chancellor crawls his way out.

I don't care for and always root against the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles but I don't wish their death like I do Seattle

Im pretty indifferent towards everybody else.

I kinda follow and like other teams based on their players. I liked Atlanta when Vick was there, now I'm enjoy watching Rodgers and GB and Cam and Panthers. Used to love watching Barry sanders back in the day his last few years when I was old enough to follow and understand.

Was wondering why the Vikings were at the top of the OPs list, then I noticed it was started by Packisback. Makes sense now.

My 7 most hated teams in order are:

1) Eagles (what a bunch of classless people...**** them)

2) Giants (cause **** Mara. You worthless piece of ****)

3) Cowboys (division rivals obviously, but Eagles and Giants are my first two hated rivals)

4) Seahawks (2005, 2007 and 2012. Need I say more?)

5) Ravens (beltway rivals. Hate them just for that)

6) patriots (they are in the super bowl way too much. And I'm still mad about 52-7)

7) Rams (Jeff fishers antics last December sending draft picks acquired in trade out to coin toss)

Memorable wins are both wins over Dallas in 2012, the win against Philly this season the night after Christmas. When we win during the holidays and are in position to make the playoffs, it makes my two favorite holidays thanksgiving and Christmas just that much more enjoyable :)

Despise the Packers.......most painful loss was this year's playoff game, and best win was beating Green Bay 16-3 in 1972.

I know what you mean and for some reason this one really stands out too.

Monday, October 11, 2010;

Redskins top Packers, 16-13, on Graham Gano's field goal in overtime

" The Redskins again pulled out a close win, a 16-13 victory in overtime on a 33-yard field goal by place kicker Graham Gano to complete their late rally. The Redskins twice trailed by 10 points. "

:D

There's a ton of " best wins " and they're pretty obvious to Redskins fans.

Serious contender for " most painful loss " is the 1979 season ending, 35 - 34 loss to the Cowboys that kept us out of the playoffs.

Most hated: 

1. Giants. After what Mara did, they elevated themselves for life over the number 2, which is quite impressive. 

2. Seahawks. Low life horrible ****s. On and off the park. What their fans threw our way after the tragic loss of 21 will NEVER be forgotten. 

Then there's a gap to teams I just dislike. 

One of my most memorable games comes from my all time favourite team/ season that brought the last Lombardi and an epic defensive battle the nullified too fantastic offensive teams in a real nail bitter at RFK between two 8-0 teams I think it was with the Oilers in town. Might write on this later. (God. AGAIN go long time readers haha.). Game had EVERYTHING that the best drama could wish for. 

Never forget Houston's English kicker in tears after he'd missed a chipshot FG for the win at the death before Chip nailed it in OT. 

Hail. 

I have no problem with the Packers as I respect how they build their team.  Same with the Ravens, totally respect the Baltimore franchise and how they build they build through the draft and don't utilize free agency that much.   They know when to let a player leave and not overspend.  Ozzie Newsome knows how to utilize comp picks as well.

Most hated teams

Cowboys / Eagles (It's a tie here)  Cowboys have the most heartbreaking losses and Eagles I despise the fans.

Giants

Seahawks (although I totally respect Kam Chancellor.  He idolizes Sean Taylor, the rest of their fans were classless after Taylor passed away and I'll never forget that)

Patriots

Steelers (Stabler is one of my favorite QB's of all time, so I hate the Steelers for this reason)

Rams, until Jeff Fisher gets fired

Best Wins

Riggo's 4th & 1 in SB XVII

SB 22 42-10 over Broncos

Monday Night MIracle over Cowboys

Thanksgiving 2012 vs. Cowboys

Final game of season 2012 to go to playoffs

Actually, any painful loss for the Cowboys

Most painful loss was definitely 35-34 to knock us out of the playoffs in 1979.  How ever if we win that game, I'm not sure Gibbs would have ever been the coach here in 1981.  So this loss may have been a good thing.

Another painful loss, but a great game was losing on Monday Night Football back in 1983 to the Packers 48-47 when Moseley missed a FG at the end of the game.

On the NFC side, there are very few teams I do like.  I mostly only root for other NFC teams if they are playing a team I truly despise or if their victory helps out the Redskins.  The only exceptions to this are the Packers (definitely my second NFC team after the Redskins) and the Cardinals (I hate or really dislike the other three teams in that division, so I pull for them).  I am okay with the Saints because I like Brees, but other than that, I have don't care much for the rest of the NFC. My top five hates in order:

1. Giants (no explanation should be needed)

2. Eagles and Seahawks (to me, they are the same team on different coasts with the same crappy fans.  Can't stand anything about either of them).

3. Cowboys (after the Capgate crap we had to deal with, they because my lest hated division rival.  Kinda a brothers-in-arms type of thing).

4. Ravens (obnoxious fans, coach, players, etc.)

5. Panthers (obnoxious fans, players)

Most memorable games is a difficult, because there have been so many, especially in my youth.  The NFCC games in the 80's and early 90's, SB's 17, 22, and 26.  Definitely games that are ingrained in my mind.  More recently, both the Cowboys games in 2005 and the blocked Vandy FG, ST return in 2006 were great.  Of course, 2012 had some great moments/games as well.  The Tampa Bay game this year will always be special tome not only because of the historical significance for the team, but because my father past just hours after the game.

Painful games?  There have been a lot of them too.  The Packers game in 2004, where Portis ran for the winning score and they called a BS illegal formation penalty stung for weeks.  SB 18 will always haunt me, as will the Seattle playoff losses, especially the 2007 and 2012 ones.

Most hated:

1. Giants-They've just been more obnoxious/annoying lately and Mara can suck a you know what

2. Cowboys-Goes without saying

3. Eagles-Division rival

Don't mind:

1. Packers-Even though they beat us I respect the way they do things

2. Chiefs-Lot of fun players to watch

Memorable games:

Beating Dallas in 2005 MNF. Then destroying them later in the year to all but seal a playoff spot.

Most devasting losses:

Cowboys 1979

SB loss to Raiders

SB loss to Dolphins

Most despised:

The rest of the NFC East

Patriots

Seattle

Best Wins:

SB wins

NFC Championship wins over Dallas (1972 and 1982)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197212310was.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198301220was.htm

Dallas 2005:   http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200512180was.htm

Dallas 2012:   http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321230028

Most hated teams (outside the NFC east)

1. Seahawks

2. Ravens

3. Steelers

4. Rams

5. Patriots

One of the most memorable games that came to mind is not a good memory for me or Redskins nation. It was the week after Sean Taylor was killed and the Buffalo Bills were the opponent. This game was all about going out and winning one for Sean. On the first play the skins started the game with only ten men on defense to honor Sean. It was a close game and the skins D held the Bills to 4 field goals and a safety, with the score being 14-16 skins in the fourth quarter. With only seconds left the Bills attempted and made a 51 yard field goal, but before that Gibbs called timeout negating the kick. On the second field goal attempt Gibbs called a second timeout on back to back plays to the first timeout which is illegal and caused a 15 yard penalty. The Bills kicker Ryan Lindell kicked a 36 yard field goal with 4 seconds left to win the game by one point, 17-16.  

I never sunk lower in my chair. I had myself a good cry after that game. Sean was my hero and the whole thing just crushed me and I’ll never forget it. 

I've always quite liked the Packers. Do things the right way, some great players and of course a history of winning. But if Rodgers keeps pulling stunts like he did against us they will be on the list with the Patriots, Giants and Seahawks. Deliberately getting "10 men on the field" penalties might be within the rules but it is right up there with the classless cheating that those other three teams are known for. :angry:

Most hated teams:

1. dallast

2. eagles/seattle

3. cheatriots

4. giants

5. Carolina - I live on Carolina and have to listen to their ignorant mouths.

Teams I don't mind:

1. Arizona - I like the way they have rebuilt themselves - Really like Arians

2. Green Bay - Mark Murphy and the fans own the team....

3. NO Saints due to Drew Brees - Had season tickets to Purdue football while he was there. Met him a few times. really great person.

4. Anyone playing dallast unless a dallast win helps us.

Most memorable games:

Really most any dallast loss. More specifically::

1. 72,and 1982 and Cham. games

2. SBXVII

3. SB XXVI

4. 2012 NO Saints opener.

5. 2012 Thanksgiving game

Most defeating losses:

1. SB XVIII to Oakland - crushed!

2. 1989 loss to dallas - 13-3 - Their only win!     

3. The entire 2013 season of losses. I really thought Robert was going to turn us around. As the losses mounted the life got sucked out of me.

4. 1974 Thanksgiving - - Clint ****ing Longly

Unbelievable that noone has mentioned Norv losses like that 1999 season opener vs the Cowturds or the Cardinals Boomer Esiason game. I guess by then we knew it was coming.

I'd say that at the time of it happening the best had to be 1982 Nfccg and SB and worst by far was that Raiders SB a year later.

SB22 2nd Quarter was unbelievable as well because nobody really expected that Redskins team to be there in the first place but the Nfc was so superior at the time that more than likely any of the Nfc playoff teams would've smoked the Donkeys.

I grew up in the George Allen era so hating Dallas is ingrained in my blood.

Of course the 1982 Redskins Dallas NFC championship game and subsequent Superbowl victory are seared in my memory.

The other Superbowl victories are up there as well.  I try and forget the Superbowl losses, although the first one against Miami is one of the first NFL games I remember watching (I was 6).

My most memorable game was played on January 17, 1988. The Redskins unexpectedly hosted the NFC Championship Game vs. the Vikings. The game itself was not spectacular nor was it all that memorable. I remember it so well simply because, as a 10-year old, I was pacing the floor of my family room gripping my Nerf football as tight as I could. 

This was only the 2nd or 3rd season during which I lived and died with every play of every game as a Skins fan. I had watched Super Bowl XVII with my mom and wanted the Redskins to win, but I was only 5. I remember the following year my family hosted a small Super Bowl party for the Raiders nightmare but I cared more about playing with the other kids. I really got into the Redskins on my own in 1985 and suffered through a "mediocre" 10-6 season. Then came 1986 when we were pretty great again, but lost in the Championship game to the Giants. 

The win over the Vikings and the ensuing trip to the Super Bowl was MY victory. Not one I was watching with my mom, but MINE! I cared about it because I had fallen in love with Redskins football over several years. It felt so good watching Nelson drop that pass at the goal line and knowing that I had one more game to watch that year! I sprinted around all three levels of our house for a good 10 minutes before calming down. 

To this day, despite the near-perfection that was 1991, that 1987 season stands out as my absolute favorite. Not only was it MY first Super Bowl trip that I watched from start to finish, but it came at the perfect age. There really isn't anything that can match a 10-year old boy and his NFL team. Also, that team was a prototypical Gibbs team - very few great players, subs coming in and winning games for us at all positions, nothing flashy, just finding ways to win games. 

So yeah, the 1987 NFC Championship Game. 

series-history-ap.jpg?w=620&h=428

Favourite game:

The next game against the eagles after the Bodybag game

Knocked out the eagles when it counted, in the playoffs  :lol: in their house  :lol:  :lol:

And according to the great man himself (Mr Gibbs), that playoff win set the team up mentally for their superbowl 91 season the next year - it doesn't get much richer than that.

The next game against the eagles after the Bodybag game

Knocked out the eagles when it counted, in the playoffs  :lol: in their house  :lol:  :lol:

Besides the Super Bowl games and the NFCCG against Dallas in early '83, probably not a game I wanted the Skins to win more than this one.

Most hated:

1. Dallas. (duh), AND the Giants.  The Giants won SB's they didn't deserve and their owner is an ass.

2. Eagles.  Buddy Ryan hangover.

3. Seawhawks. Sadly, due primarily to their asshat fans.  Also, Pete Carroll chews gum in a most disgusting manner. Gross.

4. Patriots.  News flash...they really DO cheat.  

Don't mind:

1. Green Bay.  It has nothing to do with the OP.  Great program, builds from within, and owned by the FANS.  That's sweet. Also the best place in the universe to watch football. Great fans & team.

2. Cardinals.  Don't know why, but they have a soft spot in my heart.

3. Cleveland Browns.  My god...they need some love.  Think about it; they leave & win a SB as the "Ravens". They've been cursed. HATE the Ravens btw...convoluted thoughts here...

Most memorable:

1. Jan. 22, 1983, NFC Championship Game at RFK Stadium, the Redskins defeated the Cowboys to earn a trip to Super Bowl XVII. Prior to the game the stadium physically shook as a capacity crowd of 54,000 chanted "We Want Dallas!" 

2. SB 17 and Riggo's run to glory.

3. Super Bowl XXII with Doug & Timmy going off and everybody forgetting the best player in the game; Ricky Sanders.  En Fuego.

4. Super Bowl XXVI. I would put this team up, historically, against any SB champion, and feel good about my chances. GREAT team.

Hail

Archived