Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players we need to lock up long term

Riggo-toni

Nah, the skins don't have anyone currently that can do what Desean does (IMO). I can't remember the last receiver to catch a ball on a go route past the safety. Only Desean has done that (and done is consistently). I think the correct question to ask is if Desean can do what Desean does now in 2-3 years. He'll be a FA at 29. Not sure when his 4.35 speed will start to go, but it's gotta be around that time. I'd maybe try to sign him for a 2 year extension, but beyond that give the reps to younger guys that Scot wants to develop. 

Ross may develop into that player. He has the speed and explosiveness. More of a wait and see approach though.

Keenan Robinson. The guy mauls, plays at a high intensity level we have not had for a good while..  since I'd say Fletcher's first couple of years here.

Chris Culliver.. only 27, outstanding cover corner, and can be a leader when DHall retires.

Most everyone else is either too young to grant a large contract without some more show-me..  but on that list would be Morgan Moses, Bashaud Breeland, and a passle of rookies. Way too young on them, BUT the idea that in thinking of this list, guys like Jones, Crowder, Ross, Kyshoen Jarrett, Scherff are even being considered bodes VERY well for our future.

Kirk Cousins keeps improving and you have to look at it.

~Bang

• 6 months later...

Looks like the early core/Franchise Redskins in the McCloughan/Gruden era are (based on salary) Norman, Reed, Williams, Kerrigan, and perhaps Cousins. These are the people in his two years he has signed or re-signed to enormous Redskins for life style contracts.

Hopefully, there are a few others ready to make that jump to Redskins for life.  Will Breeland get there? Scherff? Someone else?

Knighton, there is a reason Hatcher and Baker are living in the opposition backfield.

Baker is earning it.

Cousins, if a rookie comes in and takes it, great. He's improving.

KRob is a great ILB.

Riley is playing great as the hammer. This defense suits him well.

Morris for less than he's worth.

Damn it Burgold. OLS!

Well, I was mostly wrong about everything.

Sign Tress Way for 15 years /15M.
And Dustin Hopkins next year if he keeps it up at this rate for the same.

Then sign Sundberg for the same with a 50% cut if he doesn't dye is hair in red.

We should be set then.

Damn it Burgold. OLS!

Well, I was mostly wrong about everything.

tissue_2049564i.jpg

I do find it funny that Morris, Robinson, and Culliver were mentioned (with good reason, too). It makes you pause and realize that every team's situation is constantly in motion. Some of our top guys even several weeks into 2015 are afterthoughts or gone now. Additionally, as late as October we still didn't know much about Cousins, probably didn't trust Reed to stay healthy, etc. 

NFL GMs have a tough job!

Knighton, Robinson are immediate

We need to watch Cousins closely. He might play his way to a nice contract.

I like Baker a lot but we have a lot of depth there. I think he and Knighton are a great pair and love playing together so maybe it is a package deal

Wow are you an idiot

Wow are you an idiot

5. Your default position is to be respectful of your fellow members in your posts.

Upon registering, every member agrees to not post inappropriate material or topics. This includes content which is knowingly false, defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, obscene, profane, sexually graphic, or physically threatening. It also includes posting anything invasive of another member's personal privacy outside of their posted content on ES, or in violation of any law including any stalking or otherwise harassing any member. Such material connected to the poster's life beyond what they willingly post on ES is a particularly serious violation.

Lighten up on the guy why dontcha! ;)

If we all could laugh at ourselves a bit more, I think the world would be a better place. Lord knows I got my share.

That being said here's my list:

Shar Pourdanesh

Walt Harris

Sam Shade

William Green

Tracey Rocker

Brian Davis

and of course 

Pat White

Too many for me to remember or list...it would bring back much pain from lost hope. It is our bane as hard core Redskins fans. I will say I swore Robert McCune was gonna make a difference. ****, Schuler, RG, Westbrook, just to start.

Thank God for a real GM

We love you anyway.

Speak for yourself!

Too many for me to remember or list...it would bring back much pain from lost hope. It is our bane as hard core Redskins fans. I will say I swore Robert McCune was gonna make a difference. ****, Schuler, RG, Westbrook, just to start.

Thank God for a real GM

Yeah I used to love Patrick Ramsey.

There's the obvious one as well: Colt Brennan (wasn't a fan, but guy was somewhat popular around here).

Speak for yourself!

Yeah I used to love Patrick Ramsey.

There's the obvious one as well: Colt Brennan (wasn't a fan, but guy was somewhat popular around here).

somewhat popular? I got banned once for making fun of him not being able to beat a bench out on the depth chart.

somewhat popular? I got banned once for making fun of him not being able to beat a bench out on the depth chart.

To be fair, in your post he was anatomically correct and doing things to the bench that are only legal in West Virginia.

So, reading these posts (including mine) and actually seeing the list GMSM has signed, its good to have a real GM.

TW, Kerrigan, Norman, Reed seem so obvious but apparently most of us were looking to lock up far less. I'll stick with D. Hopkins and keep very close eye on Moses at the end of this year with maybe an early extension ala Reed with rookie contract in place still. 

Archived