Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't know why I'm so happy about this win. But I am.

Larry

I'm borderline giddy about this win. I can't figure out WHY. but I am.

I mean, we pulled out a win, after blowing a 13-0 halftime lead, at home, against a team that was 1-2 BEFORE they played us.

Thus pulling out own record UP to 2-2.

But I'm really happy, anyway.

I assume part of it is the "**** Philly" factor. That always makes things sweeter.

Maybe it's because I streamed the Redskins audio of the game, and those folks were celebrating like we'd just qualified for the Super Bowl.

I think that part of it was hearing how the FedEx crowd was into the game. (I'll ignore the fact that I heard a similar level of cheering, when the Eagles got the go ahead TD).

Maybe it was the fact that the team actually mounted a long (REALLY long) TD drive, when the game was on the line, and the pressure was on. (Recall Doc Walker proudly announcing that "Captain Kirk" (his term) had just won the team to his side, with that drive.)

So, call it mindless homerism.

I'll wear that label, for a while.

We beat the Eagles.  Always worth being happy for that.

Doubly so because it digs Chip Kelly into an even deeper hole in reality, and an EVEN DEEPER hole among the Philly fandom.

"I mean, he lost to the Redskins.  Who does that?"  - Philly fans everywhere

Pitchforks are likely gonna be out and it'll be fun to watch.

I'm happy because I choose not to live in the past.  We've been asking for a legitimate GM since Casserly was fired and we finally have one.  Eight starters are on the IR right now.  And yet the team has not fallen apart.  This is year one for me.  An expansion team in a sense.  I choose not to live in the past anymore.  It's not fair to the current staff, FO and players.  Let them have an opportunity to grow and develop.  I think they could be very special in a couple of years. 

We haven't had a come from behind victory in a long time (in my own memory) and to see Cousins and the Defense step up offers hope going forward.

I have no illusion the type of team we are, Run Heavy ball control offense and an underrated D. We will not be a high scoring offense and most of our games will be low scoring affairs and come down to the final minutes to decide the winner.

I'm hoping this win gives our team the confidence that if we are behind or ahead by less than 7 points, we have the mental toughness to seal the win or comeback from behind to win depending on the circumstances.

How about "because you're a Redskins fan, and we won"? Does that reason work? That's the only answer you need dude.

Still, there are different levels. Maybe you're a big enough homer that all wins feel as euphoric as this, but for many there are differing tiers of wins. This win felt very different from the Rams win, for instance.

Yeah, I know why I'm happy. 

That last drive. That's it. A time-consuming, clutch, both passing and running plays being made, drive to win the game at the end. 

We just don't do that. And we don't bury a divisional opponent in the process.

Awesome. I'm so happy, thank God.  

Yeah, I know why I'm happy. 

That last drive. That's it. A time-consuming, clutch, both passing and running plays being made, drive to win the game at the end. 

We just don't do that. And we don't bury a divisional opponent in the process.

Awesome. I'm so happy, thank God.

It could be a season-defining drive. Or just a blip. But right now, it feels great. And that's okay, we're fans. So many people want do wallow in misery after losses but caution against excitement after wins.

Guys, we get 16 game days per year, unless we get really lucky. 16 days out of the 365 we all probably spend, in some capacity, on this message board a year.

It's not a bad thing to celebrate the good. Live a little.

It could be a season-defining drive. Or just a blip. But right now, it feels great. And that's okay, we're fans. So many people want do wallow in misery after losses but caution against excitement after wins.

Guys, we get 16 game days per year, unless we get really lucky. 16 days out of the 365 we all probably spend, in some capacity, on this message board a year.

It's not a bad thing to celebrate the good. Live a little.

I know, and we were robbed of the week after the Rams game with having to go up to the Meadowlands on a short week. Honestly, I was pissed off about that immediately after the Rams game. Knew we wouldn't get to enjoy it as fans before the usual misery up there in New York.

Then we got a week and a half to wallow in that loss. Yikhhh.   

I'm very happy with it.

It was the Eagles, for one.

It was Chip Kelly

It was watching a great half of football evaporate in two plays, and battling back to win the game.

It was Kirk Cousins engineering an outstanding 2 minute drill.

it was Pierre Garcon coming up big and clutch

it was the defense not giving up a big play like they used to when the chips were down.

It was Trent Murphy finally stepping up huge in a big moment.

It was a win that extended the fuse on the powder keg that everyone wants so desperately to light off.

What's not to like?

~Bang

I'm happy because all the youngsters that have stepped up and are playing and contributing.  

Let's take the guys who are contributing from the past 2 drafts:

2014 Draft Class:

Murphy

Moses

Long (ok, so at least he played, even if he didn't play great.  Started and contributed.)

Breeland

Grant

2015 Draft Calss:

Scherff

Preston Smith

Matt Jones

Jamison Crowder

That's 9 contributors from the past 2 drafts along.  There hasn't been a time in the past 15 years where I think you could take 2 draft classes and say that, a rookie class immediately contributing, and a second year class really coming together.

If you do that for 2-3 more years, you've completely re-built the entire franchise, with your own guys.  

It's AWESOME.  And before we completely heap all the praise on GMSM, let's at least acknowledge that Scott Campbell and Bruce Allen ran the 2014 draft, which is looking better by the week.  Moses contributing really helps that draft class look really good.  

They didnt crack under pressure. Nothing was denying that final drive.

It is nice to be on the winning side of a really competitive hard fought game when they still matter for us. We havent had that in a few years. That was the most mental fortitude I have seen from this team in a loooooong time. They never considered themselves out, even though most of us fans were sitting here saying "here we go again".

Also, now the Eagles media is going to put the Eagles on blast.

Archived