Reaper Skins

The Conspiracy Thread

Recommended Posts

At this point I'd be willing to believe Dan Snyder is secretly a Cowboys fan and bought the team merely to keep them mediocre forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really, it was pretty bad in first half from an 'agenda' perspective. Did everyone see the same holding on the Skins Dlineman when they called the defensive holding on our DB. I jumped out of my chair and scared the children on that one, thats when it was obvious to me. Not only a bad call but the wrong team to boot. Still a game at that point

Edited by Bonez3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To Anyone here saying that NFL games cant be Fixed, rigged, swayed I leave you this

Image result for nba ref fixing

If one person can do it for money.....

Just FYI I think we stunk it up on Monday pretty much all by ourselfs. 

Edited by NeverSurrender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there's a realistic chance that the NFL used metrics to predict when Brees would hit the mark, set the schedule so he'd play the Redskins on Monday night.

They didn't have to conspire anything... they knew that Redskins gonna Redskins in general and prime time in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

I think there's a realistic chance that the NFL used metrics to predict when Brees would hit the mark, set the schedule so he'd play the Redskins on Monday night.

They didn't have to conspire anything... they knew that Redskins gonna Redskins in general and prime time in particular.

Agreed. Monday nights game was a loss right when the schedule came out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Really, it was pretty bad in first half from an 'agenda' perspective. Did everyone see the same holding on the Skins Dlineman when they called the defensive holding on our DB. I jumped out of my chair and scared the children on that one, thats when it was obvious to me. Not only a bad call but the wrong team to boot. Still a game at that point

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist..but when I saw that I did the same thing and was beginning to think...they really want Brees to break the record dont they...

Not to mention..after that, it seemed the Redskins got completely deflated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hawgboy said:

I think there's a realistic chance that the NFL used metrics to predict when Brees would hit the mark, set the schedule so he'd play the Redskins on Monday night.

They didn't have to conspire anything... they knew that Redskins gonna Redskins in general and prime time in particular.

 

the thing is, that qualifies as a conspiracy.

42 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist..but when I saw that I did the same thing and was beginning to think...they really want Brees to break the record dont they...

Not to mention..after that, it seemed the Redskins got completely deflated

 

the same thing happened in Carolina in 2015

 

and something I noticed is the NFL managed to put together and goddamn narrative for their prime time games this week, with an overall plot on the NFC East but with a secondary story to also put into it

 

Sunday Night, the Battle of Texas with an NFC East team, Monday Night will Drew Brees break the record with an NFC East team, Thursday Night the othr two NFC East teams play each other.  It's the Super Bowl champs vs one of the leagues current bottom feeders.  What have the Giants done to be on prime time only three weeks into a TV deal with a new network

Edited by carex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, carex said:

 

the thing is, that qualifies as a conspiracy.

 

the same thing happened in Carolina in 2015

 

and something I noticed is the NFL managed to put together and goddamn narrative for their prime time games this week, with an overall plot on the NFC East but with a secondary story to also put into it

 

Sunday Night, the Battle of Texas with an NFC East team, Monday Night will Drew Brees break the record with an NFC East team, Thursday Night the othr two NFC East teams play each other.  It's the Super Bowl champs vs one of the leagues current bottom feeders.  What have the Giants done to be on prime time only three weeks into a TV deal with a new network

The conspiracy went as far “Have them play the Redskins they’ll **** it up on their own” and they were right..

 

Here is a conspiracy theory I put more stock into: Dan Snyder has his own metric team… And they figured out that give or take two games within .500 year after year after year after year will still keep enough fans in the seats andbuying merchandise to make massive profit and **** winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You dont have to believe that all 32 NFL owners get together and plot out the results of every game to believe that games can be fixed or influenced.  For the NFL, I think it would be stupid from a business-wise perspective to fix games.  For example, for a league with revenue sharing, what exactly is in it for the NFL to keep the Redskins down? The Redskins mediocrity is eating away at what used to be one of the NFL's larger and most affluent fanbases, but now they cant even sell out home games. 

 

I DO think that fixing of games can occur involving individual referees or players.  The more gambling/betting that surrounds the sport, the more likely it is that some referee is on the take.  And with the NFL's thinly disguised draft champions b.s., I think they are inviting more betting and gambling, which will inevitably result in cheating and fixing.

 

To me there is are some possible solutions to minimize the affect cheating referees might have:.  More transparency in the performance review of referees, with more immediate disciplinary actions for blown calls.  Also, the two worst calls to me that affect too many games are holding and PI.  I think PI should be review-able or challengable, with a dedicated guy in the booth that automatically reviews any PI Call.  I also think that they should hire an extra referee, and require that two referees call holding in order for a holding call to stand, in order to ensure that only the most egregious holding calls are made.       

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@carex the only reason i can think of as to why the giants were on TNF is cause the league figured they’d be competitive due to having a new head coach, and him not being named Ben mcadoo😂 and it was an nfc east game those are usually very close/good games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Koala said:

You dont have to believe that all 32 NFL owners get together and plot out the results of every game to believe that games can be fixed or influenced.  For the NFL, I think it would be stupid from a business-wise perspective to fix games.  For example, for a league with revenue sharing, what exactly is in it for the NFL to keep the Redskins down? The Redskins mediocrity is eating away at what used to be one of the NFL's larger and most affluent fanbases, but now they cant even sell out home games. 

 

I DO think that fixing of games can occur involving individual referees or players.  The more gambling/betting that surrounds the sport, the more likely it is that some referee is on the take.  And with the NFL's thinly disguised draft champions b.s., I think they are inviting more betting and gambling, which will inevitably result in cheating and fixing.

 

To me there is are some possible solutions to minimize the affect cheating referees might have:.  More transparency in the performance review of referees, with more immediate disciplinary actions for blown calls.  Also, the two worst calls to me that affect too many games are holding and PI.  I think PI should be review-able or challengable, with a dedicated guy in the booth that automatically reviews any PI Call.  I also think that they should hire an extra referee, and require that two referees call holding in order for a holding call to stand, in order to ensure that only the most egregious holding calls are made.       

 

 

 

I don't think that any one person or super in-crowd is solely responsible for attempting to fix a game, I think a few things can be true at once:

-NFL execs would like to see certain teams do well, for the star power, encourage ref's to give them all the calls

-NFL execs would like Brees to break the record on Monday night in primetime, and before half time, encourage refs to give Brees all the calls in the 1st half

-an NFL ref needs a little extra money for his kids surgery, is on the take from a lone shark

 

It's all plausible, and I have certainly heard worse.  Also, I believe that animosity in the owners groups may contribute to certain teams getting the shaft in a revenue sharing organization.  Once it gets to the level of Billionaires, money is less important and pride becomes involved.  Personally I think the Mara's are among the most corrupt people in the organization, and I don't think it was a coincidence that the Skins and the Cowboys both got screwed by penalties during the uncapped year debacle, because there was obvious collusion and Mara, who is head of the competition committee, took it as a personal slight.  The degree to which we were penalized as well, even though I see our actions as perfectly legitimate in an uncapped year (hence the need for a cap), reeks of petty vengeance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 2:04 AM, Koala said:

To me there is are some possible solutions to minimize the affect cheating referees might have:.  More transparency in the performance review of referees, with more immediate disciplinary actions for blown calls.  Also, the two worst calls to me that affect too many games are holding and PI.  I think PI should be review-able or challengable, with a dedicated guy in the booth that automatically reviews any PI Call.  I also think that they should hire an extra referee, and require that two referees call holding in order for a holding call to stand, in order to ensure that only the most egregious holding calls are made.       

 

 

My idea for NFL officials (posted from a different thread last year):

 

I wish teams could have their own official on game days.  Each team would be given a league sanctioned ref whose sole job is to watch their team's opponent and ensure that they are following the rules.  Like an on-field lawyer for each team on gameday  This would lead to rule familiarity between the coaches and players and hopefully a clearer understanding of what is or is not allowed.  

 

It would also help keep a team from getting unfairly targeted by giving equal representation during the game, almost like a lawyer for the defendant and a lawyer for the prosecution in a courtroom.  During the week and on gameday your players and coaches could always have access to your team official and use him for clarification, ask whether this or that is allowed, tell him if someone on the other team is doing something illegal and to watch for it, etc.

 

So on game day you'd have one ref working for only the home team, making sure they get fair calls and that their opponent isn't getting away with any illegal tactics.  One ref doing the same for the away team.  And a third/floating/impartial ref for tie breakers and overruling anything that came across as favoritism.  Refs would spend an entire season with one team, then rotate to a new one the next year.

 

Imagine having a ref who the coach could talk to all week when studying film and say:  "We want to try this crazy trick play on Sunday, is it legal?"  Or, "this teams linemen are consistently starting offsides and jumping the gun, watch for that on Sunday", or "My player has a touchdown celebration he wants to do, will this be a fine or is it ok?" or "the other ref keeps calling illegal motion on us, but its not and here's why, go explain to the arbiter judge what were doing and why its actually legal"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooo...Brees has to beat Baltimore to be the 3rd QB to beat all 32 teams...

Raise your hand if this will happen even if the Saints play poorly this Sunday

Edited by Xameil
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.