Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Felt they "powered down" Iron Fist a bit too much. The same with Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Especially the latter two.

I think it's about budget.  Netflix has been very ambitious about producing so many Marvel series and I read that they budgeted 200 million for the entire Defenders project, to include the first seasons of all four heroes series plus the Defenders series.  That averages out to around 3 million per episode.  That's anywhere from half to a third of the per episode cost of Netflix's other big time shows like House of Cards, Marco Polo, The Get Down, Sense8, and The Crown.

I don't think the shows have the money to do the kind of action set pieces that the MCU films have.  They have to stick to cheaper martial arts sequences.  And I suspect that Iron Fist probably got the smallest budget to work with because it came last.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope this one is better than the last 2 MCU movies (or last 2 I've watched, haven't seen Thor 3). I loved Spider-Man the character, but the supporting characters (mainly his friends) were monkey ass. Just bad. 

Guardians II was like a kid at daycare getting hold of the paint trays, and assaulting the Fisher price canvas.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

On 1/30/2018 at 11:11 AM, Gamebreaker said:

On twitter it seems like everyone who went to the world premiere of Black Panther loved it. Apparently, Michael B. Jordan stole the show. 

'

Looks like Marvel has done it again. Black Panther is 50-0 so far on Rottentomatoes with 8.6 average. Top Critics have 13 reviews in with a 9.4 average so far. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Black Panther looks great. I can’t wait for it and my entire knowledge of the character is based on what I saw during Civil War lol

Black Widow movie must mean she doesn’t die during IW. I’m gonna need some people to die during that movie you can’t have all this buildup for a decade and everybody just saves the day again. There has to be consequences. Who will it be?

On 1/30/2018 at 8:35 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

I really hope this one is better than the last 2 MCU movies (or last 2 I've watched, haven't seen Thor 3). I loved Spider-Man the character, but the supporting characters (mainly his friends) were monkey ass. Just bad. 

Guardians II was like a kid at daycare getting hold of the paint trays, and assaulting the Fisher price canvas.

I liked the supporting characters. I liked it all actually except for his suit basically being an iron man suit with Spider-Man paint. Just didn’t feel like Spider-Man to me with a computer talking to him and all that nonsense. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

On 2/6/2018 at 8:13 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I liked the supporting characters. I liked it all actually except for his suit basically being an iron man suit with Spider-Man paint. Just didn’t feel like Spider-Man to me with a computer talking to him and all that nonsense. 

I just was a huge Shocker fan growing up, and seeing him to reduced to whoever Vulture decides to give a single gauntlet to, is just heartbreaking. And I always thought his best friend was Harry Osborne. I was totally lost throughout all the friend interactions

Edited by Mr. Sinister

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2018 at 8:42 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm perfectly fine with Hulk dying. Thor, Bucky, Gwynyth Paltrow, Star Lord. Matter of fact, just kill all the damn Guardians

Damn bruh, how do you really feel lol. Guardians 2 wasn’t all that good but I don’t think it was as bad as you’re saying, the first one was awesome which makes it OK. I loved the last Thor movie, one of my favorite Marvel films. 

57 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

Damn bruh, how do you really feel lol. Guardians 2 wasn’t all that good but I don’t think it was as bad as you’re saying, the first one was awesome which makes it OK. I loved the last Thor movie, one of my favorite Marvel films. 

I like the jokes. I just felt 2 was a constant barrage of absurdity. And too many cameos. I like a healthy amount of lol's, but it just happened so much that it just felt like cheap humor, with a bunch of money, facepaint, cgi, and other stuff splashed on the screen. I felt insulted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I was fine with the 7 jokes a minute approach they took in guardians and Thor 3.  I would not have accepted it for black panther or infinity war.

Considering the first town Thor movies kinda sucked, I’m fine with them doing whatever they needed to do to make Ragnarok entertaining. 

59 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Black Panther is so good. Loved it. And the movie's message that greatness is best achieved by giving, sacrifice, and helping others instead of violent conquest, is something the world desperately needs to here.

I wish they had ended the movie on the first post credits scene. That was important and part of the message of the movie and should have been part of the full movie, not buried under 5 minutes of credits. That was probably my biggest flaw with the movie 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I wish they had ended the movie on the first post credits scene. That was important and part of the message of the movie and should have been part of the full movie, not buried under 5 minutes of credits. That was probably my biggest flaw with the movie 

The first post credit scene really should have just been the final scene of the movie. The second one is basically a transition or something related to Avengers which basically every MCU movie has.

• Like 1