Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All time low for this franchise?

RichmondRedskin88

Is this the all time low for this franchise?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. All time low?

• Yes. No question...
    • No. Shockingly we've had worst.....

Steinberg's blog entry today about his game-day experience is classic:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/17/what-it-was-like-in-the-stands-during-the-redskins-loss-to-tampa-bay/

Basically, when comparing present day to Zorn, it boils down to what you feel is worse: anger or apathy.

Yeah, that was so good I had to read it to my wife when I went home for my lunch break today.

Doesn't touch swinging gate, though.  Those were dark times.  Dudes getting signs taken away, Redskins running interference on the radio, yuck.

I need a shower.

Agree with others--swinging gate (nationally televised game) was a really low point.  At least now, we are losing in a black hole and are almost completely irrelevant as a franchise (congrats Danny Boy!).  I happen to think it will get much, much worse before it gets better.  We will see what Gruden is made of and whether he can stem the bleeding and limp into the offseason for a respite and some reorg.  If anything, we will know whether he has the power to can Haslett once and for all.

Zorn 2009 was way worse.  That season was an absolute joke: back to back swinging gate, hiring a bingo caller to replace Zorn as the play caller, Ravens defense yelling at our sideline saying we are going to get our QB killed because our O-line was a joke, those are just a few.  That year was total embarrassment.  This year we just suck.

No. The loss to the Lions was worse.

I agree with this at some point (being the Lions played 19 games straight without a win), but where we are now trumps it. We ended last year at 3-13 and are seriously headed for that again. The Bucs were 1-8, and we were not even CLOSE to competing with them (except maybe the first half) with them outscoring us by 20 points. The Lions game was by 5. That together with a big question mark of our present franchise QB (that we gave up III picks for) on wether he'll still be here for the future, or move on. The only plus side I see is I still have confidence in our head coach... but NO WAY our DC. Of course that's only going to go so far unless we hire a competent "I don't care WHO the fans want Mr. Snyder!" GM.

Honestly, I have been let down by this team so much that nothing else shocks me. If anything the loss to Seattle in the playoffs may have been one of the worst moments ever considering how far the RG-Knee debacle set this franchise back. ESPN could easily make a 30 for 30 called the rise and fall of RG3 starring Andre3000 about that one game.

I actually feel for Gruden as a first year coach. His season is mirroring the last year of every other recent failed Snyder Coaching experiment. Minus Gibbs II

Archived