Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2014 Redskins vs Browns

NoLeafClover

Cousins looks like a career Grossman type out there.  He can put together a streak of a few good throws on select drives but anytime he throws over 20 yards you are holding your breath it isn't underthrown or floated or a complete duck.

Robert with the exception of the INT where he was trying to make something out of nothing, and some of the contact he took after runs....looked pretty sharp.

What? This is what you saw? I saw any pass over 10 yards go sailing over the WRs. He tends to drop real deep too.

Yeah. Like I said. Difficult throws which he overthrew. His accuracy could have been better. But he did make some good passes/reads and found a way to score. Looks fine to me.

RG needs to learn not only how to slide, but how to slide in the pocket. I dont know why hes having such a hard time learning this.

The problem is he wants to be successful every play so its not in his nature to just slide or throw it away. He thinks he can escape, out run people, still make the throw. I mean its a great thing about him and really hard to knock him for it but yeah he has got to learn, at least in the first half, not every play is going to work.

We're in some serious trouble. RG III just doesn't know how to get down. You can teach him all you want, but when it comes to game situations, RG III is just going back to what he knows and that is unfortunate for us. Defense looked good but if that was Brady, Rodgers, Manning or any other competent QB, those throws behind the receivers would have been easy first downs.

I thought Griffin looked extremely average. Like, rookie average. If he doesn't learn to slide the Skins have wasted 3 high picks for him. He's a serious injury waiting to happen...Again. I don't think he looks comfortable...

Other than one bad throw we moved the ball well? I thought he looked fine.

Griffin looks like a giraffe running around flopping his legs everywhere.  I just don't get him. He has a ton of potential.  Flashed some good throws and some decent decisions.  He just doesn't look comfortable at all on his screw ups.  Then taking huge hits with the out of bounds line 3 feet from him.  I just don't understand.

2 illegal motion penalties on griff had me scratching my head...  unsportsmanlike penalty on the bench...  a timeout called when we were on D with the Browns O in the shadow of their goal line....   sloppy all around by everyone....   as someone else said, if they had competent qb play, we'd be looking at throwing the ball all 2nd half to try to catch up....  but who the hell cares....  it's preseason....  team will get some good tape and work the kinks out....   would love to be a fly on the wall in the skins locker room at halftime....  betcha gruden is blowing his top, and i don't blame him.....

Archived