Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2014 Redskins vs Browns

NoLeafClover

Is RG3 ever gonna be a pocket passer?

He seemed pretty good in the pocket tonight. Should he just stay in and take a sack when his legs add another dimension to the game? Pocket passer is an overrated term. I just want my QB to win, no matter how he accomplishes that feat.

Sloppy offensive play so far.  Defense aided by a ton of drops.  Mixed grades.  RGIII was actually pretty good minus a really bad pick.

I agree with all of this. RG3 had 1 bad throw, the pic. The handoff to Morris was on him or Morris. He'd a QB who can run a lot and I don't think he should run less, just learn how to go down. If he can't slide, he should just dive more.

2 illegal motion penalties on griff had me scratching my head...  unsportsmanlike penalty on the bench...  a timeout called when we were on D with the Browns O in the shadow of their goal line....   sloppy all around by everyone....   as someone else said, if they had competent qb play, we'd be looking at throwing the ball all 2nd half to try to catch up....  but who the hell cares....  it's preseason....  team will get some good tape and work the kinks out....   would love to be a fly on the wall in the skins locker room at halftime....  betcha gruden is blowing his top, and i don't blame him.....

wasnt the unsportsmanlike penalty on gruden or haslett? they're to blame too for one of the penalties.

Why is it that because Cousins looks calm in the pocket people ignore that he makes way more bad throws than RG3, with at least as many bad decisions? Big deal, he looks like he knows what he's doing in the pocket before he throws. How about when he lets it rip? That's kinda important.

Positives   

RGIII looks good

No Injuries

WR's all look good especially Desean

Nice Deep Ball connection

Special Teams looks good

Offense looked good verse a top 5 defense though they made stupid mistakes but they looked like they weren't intimidated. 

Negatives

Turnovers

Running game looked out of sync

No Points from the 1st team

Too Many Penalties 

Goal Line run had absolutely zero push. 

Not sure how you guys can complain with these results? Having no injuries in the preseason is always a positive and when the one player you have question marks about (RGIII) looks pretty good despite all the false negative reports I would figure we would actually be pretty pleased with what we see.

Couldn't agree more on all counts.

I did not like the playcalling on the goal line. You're not going to run the ball up the middle on The Browns D. Gruden needed to run off tackle. He finally did on he 4th down play and we almost got it. Oh well........... preseason.

Archived