Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Ryan Grant (WR Tulane)

PCS

Ryan F-ing Grant? Really? Let's see he has average size, he'a slower than my grandfather after a nap, and Jarrod Abbiderios from Wisconsin was on the board who is taller, faster, and considered the best route runner in the country. This team has a pathalogical need to flush mid to late round draft picks down the toilet.

Grant will not makle it out of camp. They screwed the pooch again. Please don't just dismiss this as a late round pick so who cares.Get angry. They own the fans who pay for this gold mine an explanation.

And to prove my point they flushed their last pick with a kicker we didn't need.

God here we go again.

Could we hire Ozzie Nusome to run the Skins draft?

Ryan F-ing Grant? Really? Let's see he has average size, he'a slower than my grandfather after a nap, and Jarrod Abbiderios from Wisconsin was on the board who is taller, faster, and considered the best route runner in the country. This team has a pathalogical need to flush mid to late round draft picks down the toilet.

Grant will not makle it out of camp. They screwed the pooch again. Please don't just dismiss this as a late round pick so who cares.Get angry. They own the fans who pay for this gold mine an explanation.

And to prove my point they flushed their last pick with a kicker we didn't need.

God here we go again.

Overreact a little?

God here we go again.

This post genuinely amused me lol

Ryan F-ing Grant?

The salt is real.

He wasn't flashy, and maybe not even the best guy there, but by most accounts he's got great hands, great route running, and plays vertically.

In addition, his speed was A) not all that terrible to start (if speed was the end all be all with receivers, pretty sure Jerry Rice would have sucked), B) improved to 4.51 at his pro-day.  He had a meh combine, it happens, in reality he's a mid-4.5 guy, which is fine in terms of speed.

Guy also has a great work ethic and plays ST.  We needed ST players like nothing else, and we've added a bunch this off-season, which is good.

Also, Mashdemboys, we did add Moses and Spencer, in addition to Lauvao.  I'm not super high on the OL, but it's in better shape than last year, provided Moses works hard, which I'm optimistic about based on his discussion of his interview with Jay.

Grant has great hands and can make all the catches. He's got a lot more speed than what he showed in the combine. I think Grant had something like 20+ yards per reception. He can take the top off a defense...notwithstanding his poor combine numbers. He did much better in his pro day at Tulane.

"Working out in front of 17 NFL teams at the Saints’ indoor practice facility Friday morning, [Grant] turned in times of 4.52 and 4.50 seconds according to Gil Brandt of NFL.com (as opposed to his 4.64 at the combine). Grant said he heard scouts say he ran in the high-4.4 range."

Abbiderrios had 4 reps on the bench press which limits him in the run game.

I don't know why people jump on this board and knock a pick made by people whose job it is to find talent. Obviously if both players are on the board, there's a reason why the skins picked who they did. No one knows who will produce on the next level...and which of these players (if any) will have an opportunity to make a difference on the field.

Congrats and welcome Ryan Grant to the team. I'm sure it's a lifelong dream to play in the NFL and I hope you get a chance to produce and show off your skills.

At 6 foot, 199 pounds, Grant is not the big-target wide receiver the Redskins currently lack. He also has ordinary speed, clocking at 4.62 in the 40. But, according to scouting reports, he has some of the best hands in the draft. He was also productive in college, hauling in 75-plus passes and over 1,000 yards in each of last two seasons at Tulane. He missed all but one game in 2011 after undergoing hernia surgery.

“God blessed me with some great hands,” Grant said. “I was born with that talent."

He added: “My game? I’m consistent with it, man. I’m great with route running, I have great hands, I’m quick in and out my breaks and when that ball is in the air, I’m going to go up there and contest the [defensive back] and get the ball.”

Grant acknowledges that he needs to improve his strength and become more proficient at gaining yards after the catch.

“I’m a hard worker; I work hard at everything,” he said. “I try to get better by the day.”

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/redskins-wr-ryan-grant-god-blessed-me-great-hands

God here we go again.

warning-dramaqueen1.jpg

Grant has great hands and can make all the catches. He's got a lot more speed than what he showed in the combine. I think Grant had something like 20+ yards per reception.

Best thing you can say about a receiver: "He catches the ball".

Ryan Grant seems like a guy comparable to Jason Avant. A long-time dependable receiver ("possession receiver"), the type of guy you want as your 4th WR. A guy who can step up and be a third target if one of the top-of-the-chart receivers goes down.

For a 5th round receiver, that sounds fantastic.

Downright idiotic that anyone expects anything more

Unreal. Somehow the front office always does unbelievable ish...don't we already have like every WR in the NFL? Not to mention 1/6 of our cap goes to that position...YOU BUILD ON THE LINE HOW HARD IS THIS TO GET!

I can't even tell if this post is serious.

God here we go again.

Ozzie did show us how it's done by draft WR Michael Campanaro after us, who looks to be a much better player.  I feel like the Skins botched at least half of this draft.

Hey his quarterback at Tulane has the last name Griffin

...oh and he bathes three times a day

"I am at the CVS buying some soap," Grant said. "I'm flying to D.C. on Thursday so I came home here to spend the day with my family and I'll be getting back to work pretty shortly."

When asked about the soap purchase, Grant, in his typical low key manner explained:

"I bathe on average three times a day," Grant said.

Yeah, this is one where I may have overreacted to at first, but then came to my senses about.

In the grand scheme, I'm actually quite excited about this pick.

Welcome to the Redskins Ryan Grant, I hope your stay here is long, prosperous.

Ryan Grant seems like a guy comparable to Jason Avant. A long-time dependable receiver ("possession receiver"), the type of guy you want as your 4th WR. A guy who can step up and be a third target if one of the top-of-the-chart receivers goes down.

For a 5th round receiver, that sounds fantastic.

Downright idiotic that anyone expects anything more

Yes, let's lock him in as a veteran whose gonna be in this league for over a decade because he's a fifth round pick. I like your logic

Unreal. Somehow the front office always does unbelievable ish...don't we already have like every WR in the NFL? Not to mention 1/6 of our cap goes to that position...YOU BUILD ON THE LINE HOW HARD IS THIS TO GET!

You did see we drafted a right tackle and a guard/centre BEFORE this pick. Right?

Archived