Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/9/21/17888470/nba-rule-changes-shot-clock-clear-path-foul-hostile-act-explaned

NBA changes shot clock, clear path foul, and hostile act rules. Here’s what it means

The NBA Board of Governors approved three rule changes that will take effect beginning with the 2018-19 season, the league announced in a statement. The changes, though minor, will impact different areas of every game this year.

I like the clear path changes because I like the idea of simplifying the rule book in general. 

Some other changes that would help with calls that are often missed or slow down the game:

- Get rid of the whole basket interference "imaginary cylinder" rule.  

- "Act of shooting" should be taken literally.

- A 5 second shot clock for inbounding the ball is needed. 

I'd also like to see "verticality" extended to the entire court and not just around the basket. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Destino said:

- Get rid of the whole basket interference "imaginary cylinder" rule.  

I'm not necessarily opposed to this but it gives offensive rebounders a pretty big advantage over the defender because they wouldn't have to time the rebound at all.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's already pretty tough to play defense.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not necessarily opposed to this but it gives offensive rebounders a pretty big advantage over the defender because they wouldn't have to time the rebound at all.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's already pretty tough to play defense.

It works both ways, defensive players can grab it after it hits the rim no matter where it is relative to the “imaginary cylinder.”  If you’ve watched FIBA basketball you’ve seen this rule in action and you probably barely noticed a difference.  

10 hours ago, Destino said:

It works both ways, defensive players can grab it after it hits the rim no matter where it is relative to the “imaginary cylinder.”  If you’ve watched FIBA basketball you’ve seen this rule in action and you probably barely noticed a difference.   

You mean no goal tending in addition to no basket interference?

FIBA ball isn't exactly filled with bigs playing above the rim.  I'm not sure I like the idea of being able to snatch a rebound off the rim.  People like Jordan and Howard and Drummond would be pulling potential makes down.

Tristan Thompson: “We’re still 4-time Eastern Conference champions, so until you take us down from that, teams ain’t got much to say. Boston, Philly, they ain’t got much to say. Boston had homecourt Game 7 and lost. Philly, you guys almost got swept. Toronto - we know that story”

https://twitter.com/BenAxelrod/status/1045383901949161472

edit:  can't seem to get this tweet to embed so excuse the weird format.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:33 AM, StillUnknown said:

Kawhi might be the NBA's Harvin Marrison

Not gonna lie, after last year and the strangeness of it all, it wouldn't shock me if dude was going around with an alter ego at night, eating pizza in random people's backyards, or some other next level weird ****... as well as murdering a dude and just shrugging it off like "Who me? Couldn't be"