Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

So Godless sounds like a go? Looking for something new now that Im about done with Im dying up here. (Which has turned into a pretty good show!) I saw Peaky Blinders was back in the UK and coming to US sometime soon. But that just drops once a week, so still need something to fill the void.

Another rec for Godless. I didn't find the slower stretches to be dull at all. I couldn't stop watching it. Then again, I also liked the Twin Peaks reboot. Now that was an endurance test, best suited to people who really liked the original two seasons. I don't know how anyone could pick that up and enjoy it, without that original nostalgia in their DNA. 

Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics on AMC is very well done. So far they've done the beginnings of Marvel focusing mainly on Stan Lee & Jack Kirby, the story of how Wonder Woman was based on her creator's wife & his live in mistress, Segal & Shuster finally getting credit for Superman, & how Marvel addressed 9/11. One of the production guys on this series also did the ESPN 30 For 30 on Ric Flair, which if you've watched it, already know how well done that was. 

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying Haven. Down to the final season now.

Im curious if WWE has some kind of partnership with the company that makes the show. Edge is one thing, but Christian and Kurrgan is interesting.

I love all the different "troubles" though. Some of them are ****ing hilarious, but my favorite one has to be the haunted house one. Would actually make for a great book in it's own right

For someone I only know of from a video game (Uncharted) Emily Rose holds her own well enough. I lol'd at the episode where Nolan North guest starred as the comatose Dr

• Like 1

After loving Daredevil, liking Jessica Jones, being kind of meh on Luke Cage (started off well, but got intolerably cheesier as it wore on), and finally hating Iron Fist, I started binging The Punisher this weekend. Excellent show - I truly dig it.

Interesting factoid for anyone checking out Suburra on Netflix - I saw part of an episode from my hotel room in Italy, and it had subtitles in Italian so people could understand the Roman dialect!

3 episodes in on "Godless".. Im hooked, they got me. lol  Now, have they just not explained it yet, or did I miss why the lady town all hates/don't respect the sheriff? PM me if needed, as to not spoil. TIA!!

Edited by GoDeep81

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I figured.  Saw that it lasted for three seasons, had to be a reason.

First 2 are bat**** crazy awesome. 

I think you had recomended Manhunt:Unabomber. I was able to finish it on the ride from Dulles to LAX this afternoon. 

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, I'm totally glued to it right now.  

I did mention it, I thought it was pretty solid.  What'd you think?

I agree. Pretty solid, good cast though Chris Noth is pretty solid in anything he does. 

I had an entire 3 seat row to myself with the DirecTv monitors in the headrests. I had Netflix on my iPad, while the Army/Navy game was on 2 of the monitors & a basketball game in the third. It was like having my own personal Mobile Command center at 35,000 feet up. :ols:

• Like 1

Just now, TK said:

I agree. Pretty solid, good cast though Chris Noth is pretty solid in anything he does. 

I had an entire 3 seat row to myself with the DirecTv monitors in the headrests. I had Netflix on my iPad, while the Army/Navy game was on 2 of the monitors & a basketball game in the third. Mobile Cimmand center at 35,000 feet up. :ols:

Dude that's better than anything I could come up with.  Or anything any of my friends could come up with, I think.  That sounds like an awesome flight! 

Just finished Stranger Things 2.  Blown away.  I can't believe there are people who enjoy quality television that haven't seen this show.  So much fun to watch. 

The nostalgia, man.  Mid 80s.  What a time to be a kid.  

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Just finished Stranger Things 2.  Blown away. 

If you liked Stranger Things you may want to give Dark (which is also on Netflix) a go.   It's like ST but far more darker (no pun intended) and sinister.  

Set in the current decade and 80's, like Stranger, It's about a time travelling serial killer who targets children.  One of his victims happens to be the son of the towns head detective who is now on a desperate quest to find his child and piece together the identity of the killer; oh and did i forget to mention that the killer may have killed said detective's  baby brother 30 years prior, unbeknownst to our protagnist?

It's more of a slow burn than ST but once you get past the first episode it's very gripping and forces you to be on your toes to keep up with everything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bishop Hammer said:

If you liked Stranger Things you may want to give Dark (which is also on Netflix) a go.   

I've heard good things, thanks for the recommendation.  :809:

Probably start that over the weekend.  :) 

• Like 1