Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 1/9/2017 at 11:59 AM, youngchew said:

Tom Hardy's 8 episode mini-series "Taboo" premieres tomorrow night on FX. 

Haven't watched it yet but folks are saying episode 1 was awesome and the show is really dark.  :headbang:

On 1/9/2017 at 7:28 AM, TK said:

I think it's been on Anytime for about a week now. Tempted to watch it but trying to hold off until the actual season starts so I don't forget about it. 

Roadies on Showtime was really good. With only ten episodes it makes for a good quick binge. 

HOmeland S6 worth getting into?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Watched the first season, been meaning to continue. Then I binge watch dumb **** like Beyond from Freeform and actually like it. :D

There is a Donald Trump episode! It gets frighteningly predictive by the last season. Like scary close to reality. Keep going. 

Beyond is on my list as well. Got it from the same dude that put me on Black Mirror so he has a good track record at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

There is a Donald Trump episode! It gets frighteningly predictive by the last season. Like scary close to reality. Keep going. 

Beyond is on my list as well. Got it from the same dude that put me on Black Mirror so he has a good track record at the moment. 

Beyond rips some Stranger Things off...but it was entertaining enough to watch for 10 episodes. Tim Kring (Heroes) is one of the executive producers of it...so it has that type of feel to it. 

Just read it got picked up for a Season 2...so it has that going for it also. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Good show. It deviates a lot (like 99.9%) from the comics though. 

Yeah, unfortunately it does and I was a bit worried about that (though the episode I watched last night actually had some lines that were word for word from the comic, which I thought was cool). However, it still does a good job with the premise as far as the writing, acting, etc. I kinda wish Mazikeen had the half face with the mask thing going on.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, unfortunately it does and I was a bit worried about that (though the episode I watched last night actually had some lines that were word for word from the comic, which I thought was cool). However, it still does a good job with the premise as far as the writing, acting, etc. I kinda wish Mazikeen had the half face with the mask thing going on.

I'm not sold on S2 so far..but S1 was outstanding. Their is some concern that Fox is killing the show off though. :(

46 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Penny Dreadful.... Yay? Nay?

Chew said it was great.  I've seen the first few episodes and liked it.  Got it added in my queue to binge watch at some point.    

Started binge watching Designated Survivor yesterday.  Loving this show, Kiefer is killing this role, imo.  Plus we get some milf eye candy in Natascha McElhone (Karen in Californication) and Maggie Q (Nikita in Nikita).

• Like 1

Home sick yesterday and watched S4 of Sherlock. Still some of the best TV produced. I doubt a S5 will ever get made. :( 

Also finally started Daredevil. Made it through 5 episodes...Vincent D'Onofrio kills as Kingpin and the story is ok so far. I'm hoping it moves away from the why can't we find our buddy Matt to more of a support roles for the secretary and law partner. But I'm sure they will drag that out. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Dirk Gently is still pretty entertaining and still pretty weird, lol, 6 episodes in now.

Also noticed there is a Serious of Unfortunate Events (Lemony Snicket) series on Netflix now with Neil Patrick Harris and Patrick Warburton in it. 

(just saw an ad for it on youtube)  

Frontier looks interesting as well.  

Edited by visionary