Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tiger Woods washed up?

blue collar

On 5/30/2017 at 1:57 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I hope this is just a rare situation where he got lazy with his meds or something. But if he is addicted to painkillers, his life is about to get ugly

Yep.. one of my nephews got addicted to pain medicine, had kidney failure, and died waiting for a transplant.

The videos on YouTube are all screwed up.

Definitely looks like 'has a problems' moreso than 'had too much fun'

Not to diminish the severity of dui, but he needs help and the legal system doesn't give people in that situation help. Maybe it's not supposed to. I don't know.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

That fool was so gone.

I'm far from being a police officer and I've never had to take a field sobriety test...and I'm sure there's a reason that they do the whole thing but man....after 30 seconds of it, it's plain to see that he's ****ed up.  And not getting better anytime soon.  I'm not sure if the police officers expected him to snap out of it all of a sudden and be safe to drive, I'm assuming they were just being really thorough...but man, it's had to watch that.  

46 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm not sure if the police officers expected him to snap out of it all of a sudden and be safe to drive, I'm assuming they were just being really thorough...

Just making sure the person doesn't get off on a technicality or because they can afford a good lawyer.

Everything he said he was reading from a card.

8 hours ago, tshile said:

Just making sure the person doesn't get off on a technicality or because they can afford a good lawyer.

Everything he said he was reading from a card.

Makes sense.

I wonder how many times Tiger...or any other celebrity for that matter...has been stopped and been let go with a slap on the wrist.  

With his father gone and his spouse out of the picture, is there anyone he will listen to that can provide good counsel so he can reverse this downward spiral?  His agent maybe? 

It seems clear he needs a stint in rehab.

I hope he recognizes that, or that there's someone with enough influence in his life to push him to go.  That may be one good thing that comes out of this.  I suspect whatever lawyer who represents him will urge him to seek treatment to show the judge he's attempting to right this wrong.

While it was stupid to get behind the wheel...yes.  Has anyone gave any thought that this literally could have been what he said it was?  He simply took the wrong combo of medication and it thrashed him. 

I'm not saying he doesn't have a problem, but it seems everyone has already come to the conclusion that he's got a serious addiction to pain medication.

42 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

With his father gone and his spouse out of the picture, is there anyone he will listen to that can provide good counsel so he can reverse this downward spiral?  His agent maybe? 

People keep bringing up his father, where is his mother?

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

wow...he was barefoot too...I'm gonna go with "sleep-driving". 

read in an article someplace that the officer asked him to tie his left shoe, but tiger untied his right shoe.  then he couldn't tie either shoe, so the officer had him do the test barefoot.  probably due to someone in the past getting off on a "i tripped on my untied shoelace, not because i was hammered" defense.

I do agree that the possibility exists that he just f'ed up his meds and got wasted by accident... could have hit him while driving or he was so out of it he didn't realize how bad he was.  that said, opioids are a **** and if he's been taking them on and off since 2014 (his first back surgery, i think), there's a much higher likelihood that he could be addicted. 

a friend of mine had them for some back surgery, and the doc wouldn't give him a new prescription and forced him to go to non-opioid options.  my friend didn't even know he was addicted to them... he just wanted/needed them for the pain.  he said it was crazy how quickly it happened-- thought it only happened to people who abused prescriptions.

• 5 months later...

The test is how he does doing tournaments ever few weeks, 4 rounds each.

1 round doesn't mean anything

Id love to see a dominating Sunday performance though. Especially against one of the younger kids. Nothing against the young guys, it would just be a cool situation.

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Id love to see a dominating Sunday performance though. Especially against one of the younger kids. Nothing against the young guys, it would just be a cool situation.

This is what I want to see as well.  Tiger and Phil carried the torch for the sport for a long time.  

The young guys are very good, but their games are boring as hell, with the exception of Rory and DJ.  Spieth's ability to summon his best when he needs it could win me over if he keeps it up.  For now, not a big fan.  

Tiger lurking on Sunday would be a must watch for me.  I hope he can do it.  Watched him today.  Impressive performance overall.

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

3 under after 13 on his round back. We'll see how he closes...but from what I can tell, he looks good today.

None of us could take our eyes off the TVs today.  Just to see him on the first page of the leaderboard for a while made us all feel good. 

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He won’t be playing every few weeks. He’s not going to put that type of schedule on his body. He will be prettt selective about when he plays not like the last few times he’s tried to come back and was flying all over the damn place with no rest cashing appearance fees 

In my opinion, he'd be best served selecting low profile tournaments. I don't think playing in high profile tournaments and missing the cut or withdrawing with odd injuries helps the mental aspect...

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Not a Tiger fan but I'm not a filthy hater either.  I am thrilled that Tiger appears to have recovered his game and really his life after the DUI.  He's a hell of golfer and he's great for the sport.

This. 

I was beaming all day, it was like being in a time machine.  The winds seemed to die down a little, which I'm sure helped.  As you said, great for the sport. 

Archived