Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Was just watching NFLN nfc east training camp special and i gotta say the amount of disrespect the Redskins get is mind blowing..Every team in that division  get an excuse for why they didn't make the playoffs except the Redskins which is funny because they lost more starters and backup than any of the other teams..

I hope the coaches and players are paying attention to all of the naysayers saying they have no chance to compete with any of the other NFC East teams and come out and just kick the living **** out of the other teams in the division..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I actually am starting to listen to all the negative comments and am loosing some interest in the season like could it all be true?

But once it starts and the games count I am all on board 

Just feel like they have no chance since that's all I hear nationally 

But they haven't been mathematically eliminated yet!

• Haha 1

Many posters on the board have made this comment & I've come to agree with the sentiment:

The Washington Redskins are viewed as the perpetual underachiever.  Whatever developments we see (and have seen) regarding The Team gets lost in the shallow analysis of  "well it's The Redskins.  You know what to expect".

And no matter what happens, until The Organization turns the page and starts consistently Winning & competing for stuff - Division Titles, Playoff Berths, etc., we will get that rote one liner last-in-the-Division prognostication.

I didn't want to believe that initially either. 

Being an unreasonably optimistic fan, I am always ready to see the sunny side of our prospects.  But the nat'l outlets have a point.  Until Washington makes a point of busting the bumbling, rudderless franchise mold, we know what we can expect from the National Observers.  Year after year.

Here's to busting the mold this season!

• Like 5

One more sleep until the redskins return to Richmond!!! The conditioning test is usually late afternoon when they arrive, and then a jay Gruden press conference to discuss how his 5 week break went, what he wants to accomplish during these next 2 1/2 weeks, stuff like that. Aaaahhhhh I’m so pumped!! 

Anyone know if there will be a regular season twitter thread again, like last summer at training camp/pre-season/regular season? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, c slag said:

I actually am starting to listen to all the negative comments and am loosing some interest in the season like could it all be true?

But once it starts and the games count I am all on board 

Just feel like they have no chance since that's all I hear nationally 

But they haven't been mathematically eliminated yet!

Before 1999, lots of negative press about the Redskins, we win the division. Going into 2005, negative press abounded.  Going into 2015, lots of negatives in the press with the only thing done that got any positive reviews was hiring Scott.

The negative Dan Snyder stories seem to be true and, unlike the Squire who also was subject to a lot of negative stories, the team sucks.  Dan had no more football IQ than the average fan but was playing GM like Jerry who had played at a relatively high level with several guys who would go on to be future elites at leading and building football teams. Even Gibbs could do no more than turn us from a disaster to a level of mediocrity. In 2000, we used our injury card badly (we lost two games, maybe 3, because Conway was out for the season) and have a history of flukes going against us since 1996 (first Dallas in 2000, at Cardinals, Tampa in the playoffs).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone know if there will be a regular season twitter thread again, like last summer at training camp/pre-season/regular season? 

There probably won't be a Twitter thread, but there will probably be a training camp thread.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2018 at 5:53 PM, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Watching NFL Network and they are doing a year in review special from the 2017 season. Can't believe what i just heard . Ryan Kerrigan's 70+  career Sacks put him in a elite class with only 2 other players in our team history to ever record 70+ sacks in a Redskins uniform. The other 2, Charles Mann & Dexter Manley. WOW....!

Really happy with Kerrigan's contributions during his career, but he is not nearly the pass rusher that either Mann, and definitely not, Manley's was. I can't imagine in a passing league like it is now, how insane Manley's production would have been. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2018 at 6:47 PM, bh32 said:

Was just watching NFLN nfc east training camp special and i gotta say the amount of disrespect the Redskins get is mind blowing..Every team in that division  get an excuse for why they didn't make the playoffs except the Redskins which is funny because they lost more starters and backup than any of the other teams..

I hope the coaches and players are paying attention to all of the naysayers saying they have no chance to compete with any of the other NFC East teams and come out and just kick the living **** out of the other teams in the division..

Doesn't matter, the "experts"will blow it off as a down season for the division even if we went 16-0.

The Eagles lost their NFL MVP candidate QB in Wentz, their starting HOF/Pro Bowl LT Jason Peters, and one of the most dangerous multi-use weapons in Darren Sproles, in addition to a few other starters, and won the Super Bowl.  

The Redskins lost a number of players, and the injuries were a factor, but does anybody think if Cousins, Williams and Thompson had gone out, there is any hope in the world, even if the rest of the team had stayed healthy, that the 'Skins could have won the SB?

The answer is a definitive no..  

Which is why the 'Skins don't get as much of the benefit of the doubt from last year, because a team in the division had crippling injuries, and still won the SB.

Also, who cares?  The 'Skins have the ability to re-write history this year because every team starts at 0-0, and perception is irrelevant.  no polls.  Your are what your record says you are.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Eagles lost their NFL MVP candidate QB in Wentz, their starting HOF/Pro Bowl LT Jason Peters, and one of the most dangerous multi-use weapons in Darren Sproles, in addition to a few other starters, and won the Super Bowl.  

The Redskins lost a number of players, and the injuries were a factor, but does anybody think if Cousins, Williams and Thompson had gone out, there is any hope in the world, even if the rest of the team had stayed healthy, that the 'Skins could have won the SB?

The answer is a definitive no..  

Which is why the 'Skins don't get as much of the benefit of the doubt from last year, because a team in the division had crippling injuries, and still won the SB.

Also, who cares?  The 'Skins have the ability to re-write history this year because every team starts at 0-0, and perception is irrelevant.  no polls.  Your are what your record says you are.  

Post wasn't about winning SB,but more about being able to compete for the division..You cant tell me that the Giants or Cowboys have a better overall team than the Redskins..yet the media acts like it is a three team race which dosen't include the Redskins..I just think they are gonna surprise a bunch of people if they can stay healthy at the critical positions

Edited by bh32

4 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I just heard Vita Vea strained his stomach muscles trying to eat a calf, I think that's what the report was. :)

I had heard he had strained the muscle of a calf that was carting him off the field.

Did I hear that wrong?

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2018 at 7:54 PM, bh32 said:

Post wasn't about winning SB,but more about being able to compete for the division..You cant tell me that the Giants or Cowboys have a better overall team than the Redskins..yet the media acts like it is a three team race which dosen't include the Redskins..I just think they are gonna surprise a bunch of people if they can stay healthy at the critical positions

We should be better than Dallas if we stop the run....the NYG are always tough on us but shouldn't be better than us. And we can play with the Eagles. Must sweep Dallas and split with Philly and NYG...4-2 would be acceptable for me. 

Diggs with a hefty contract, I guess full details aren't out yet but for a guy who has never broken 1000 yards receiving and averages .375 TD's per game its a sizeable contract.

The Minnesota Vikings and wide receiver Stefon Diggs have agreed to a five-year extension worth $81 million total that ties him to the team for the next six seasons, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday.

The deal, which keeps Diggs with the Vikings through the 2023 season, includes just more than $40 million in guaranteed money and will be signed Tuesday, a source told Schefter. General manager Rick Spielman and Diggs are expected to address the media after practice Tuesday afternoon.

Diggs, 24, caught 64 passes for 849 yards and eight touchdowns in 2017. He has 200 receptions for 2,472 yards and 15 touchdowns in 40 career games.

Full Article

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24242859/minnesota-vikings-sign-stefon-diggs-five-year-extension

For some strange reason I just decided to look at mock drafts for next year and apparently the people who do mocks have much more faith in the redskins. 

The first mock had us picking 24th and the second 21st. 

51 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The Redskins play the Patriots a week from today.

The Hall of Fame game is tonight, if you want to see the Ravens and Bears play.

Yep well I'm married to a Chicago girl soooo kinda why I asked lol...for her ya know haha

• Like 1

So, i somehow got talked into going to a concert tonight at Mohegan Sun (in CT), so I’ll be missing the hall of fame game. That’s a shame...although in the past 24 hours, i have Also been invited to the redskins @ patriots preseason game next Thursday. So, ya know, win-win ?? 

• Like 1

I’m not stepping foot in FedEx again this year.

Yesterday my friend and I went up from Richmond for the game. Both of us always wanted to see Bale live.  So we started early up I95 and unfortunately it was even worst than usual then we got stuck on the metro because of delays and multiple trains overlapping.  After everything we missed the first half but we were still in good spirits to make the second.  Then Redskin security refused to let her in with a tiny purse.  Which according to the policy small clutch bags are fine.  She repeated asked them to look inside to see there wasn’t anything really in it either.  She had taken it to many stadiums and concerts without issue and it wasn’t cheap either.    The supervisor comes over as we’re talking with them as tells us no so then she made me go alone. So in the end I saw 20 mins and she sat out outside doing nothing.  We tried to be positive through every obstacle but amazing lack of common sense.  I’m not coming to any games this year.  I won’t be buying any gear either. 

• Confused 1