Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I bet people on this message board watch any of the Redskins America's Game episodes and complain that the Redskins are wearing white jerseys over burgundy pants in Super Bowls XVII, XVII, XXII and XXVI and say it's effing stupid that they're not wearing gold pants.

I don't know if they will want to use them on a road game, but it's possible that go with the throwbacks for that game.. in 2002, both teams went with dark throwback jerseys on Thanksgiving..and it is a nationally televised game..

New England and Detroit both wore their colored throwbacks on Thanksgiving in 2010.

Well **** me. Okay then, I'm on board for Thanksgiving.

I bet people on this message board watch any of the Redskins America's Game episodes and complain that the Redskins are wearing white jerseys over burgundy pants in Super Bowls XVII, XVII, XXII and XXVI and say it's effing stupid that they're not wearing gold pants.

See, that's why I don't like them getting rid of the burgundy pants. White on burgundy is the look they won three Super Bowls with!

I really hate comments like this. This is our teams colors man! If you don't like it, go root for the Blue and Silver cowturds.

I couldn't care less if you hate my comment. I'm as entitled to my opinion as you are to your's. I just happen to prefer the burgundy pants with the white shirts, which, as you may recall, we wore for all three Superbowl titles.

This is what I'd like to see the Skins go back to for the home uni's. Sleeves on the arms, clean white numbers and no collar change.

I'd pass on the sleeves, long jersey sleeves like that would look extremely goofy nowadays. the only way you could do that with the modern uniforms would be with a corresponding undershirt, which would still look kinda weird.

Put the numbers on the shoulders, then you could have some pseudo sleeve stripes. Players wear their sleeves up to their armpits to prevent holding, so I think we should modify our jerseys with the numbers on the shoulders. And get rid of that damn horseshoe on the white jerseys.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1207/washington-redskins-classic-photos/images/george-allen.jpg

This is what I'd like to see the Skins go back to for the home uni's. Sleeves on the arms, clean white numbers and no collar change.

p.s. - I want a pair of slacks like George Allen there.

There is no telling what Shanny could do with pants like that.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1207/washington-redskins-classic-photos/images/george-allen.jpg

p.s. - I want a pair of slacks like George Allen there.

Negatory on the sleeves, bro. What's wrong with number trim?

---------- Post added August-29th-2012 at 01:32 PM ----------

And get rid of that damn horseshoe on the white jerseys.

Yeah, I throw up a little every time I see it.

I couldn't care less if you hate my comment. I'm as entitled to my opinion as you are to your's. I just happen to prefer the burgundy pants with the white shirts, which, as you may recall, we wore for all three Superbowl titles.

Well, we won NFL championships prior to that as well, and appeared in the '72 Super Bowl. I think some people (not 100% directed at you) get so hung up on "Tradition" when giving reasons as to why we should stick with the Gibbs era uni's, when those specific uniforms are no more historic then the ones tha we wore previously, and it's also why I don't get it when other people compare us to the Bears/Packers/Browns/Colts, bringing up "Tradition" yet again, when pretty much all of those teams have worn the same uni's (minus a few stripes here or there) for almost 60 years. Our uniforms have changed quite a few times over the years.

I personally feel that it is okay to move on and change the style up, without drastically altering anything.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Guest Spearfeather
Why the white pants tonight? I really wish we would have some consistency when it comes to the pants and stick with the gold.

Agreed.

Burgundy with gold: home.

White with gold: away.

White with burgundy: two game away alternate.

Why the white pants tonight? I really wish we would have some consistency when it comes to the pants and stick with the gold.

It felt kind of nice having the white pants back.

Agreed.

Burgundy with gold: home.

White with gold: away.

White with burgundy: two game away alternate.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the gold pants/white jersey/burgundy helmet. It's not uniform enough, and there's not enough contrast between the white and gold. It also feels weird that the gold pants have three stripes, and the rest only have two.

If it was up to me,

Home: Burgundy jersey, double striped gold pants (instead of the current triple stripe), solid burgundy socks.

Away: White jersey, burgundy pants, alternate between striped white and solid burgundy socks.

Edited by RansomthePasserby

Yeah and we went through Norv, Spurrier, Zorn, etc. with them too.

They remind me more of Joe Gibbs, Stephen Davis, Sean Taylor, Clinton Portis, and Marcus Washington than they do Norv, Spurrier, and Zorn. Why so much focus on the negative?

I think we should compromise and do burgundy jersey, gold pants for home. White jersey, burgundy pants for away. :)