Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Bin Laden didn’t win. His objectives was for the US and it’s influence to leave the Middle East and to topple the Saudi Royals. Neither happened and possibly the opposite.

HOWEVER, he got a soft win in that 911 altered American thinking and behavior. People are so afraid of brown terrorism. The TSA checks are largely ineffective studies have shown yet we still go through them. We’ve wasted billions of dollars in a war in the ME with no end in sight. 

Strangely, we’d rather spend billions on fighting wars to protect our energy supply (because the elites are invested in it heavily) instead of investing a fraction of those billions in research and infrastructure change. 

The US can accomplish big hairy ball things with govt investment-man on the moon, Manhattan project. To me, the energy supply thing is a cake walk compared to the last two-IF we put our focus on that.

The Saturday Night Joke

A young biker family moved into a house next to a vacant lot. One day, a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot.

The young biker family’s 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and spent much of each day observing the workers.
Eventually the construction crew, all of them “gems-in-the-rough” more or less, had adopted her as a kind of project mascot.

They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important. At the end of the first week, they even presented her with a pay envelope containing ten dollars.

The little girl took this home to her mother who suggested that she take her ten dollars “pay” she’d received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.
When the girl and her mom got to the bank, the teller was equally impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age.

The little girl proudly replied: “I worked last week with a real construction crew building the new house next door to us.”

“Oh my goodness gracious,” said the teller, “and will you be working on the house again this week, too?”

The little girl replied, “I will if those ***holes from Lowe’s ever deliver the damn drywall.”

Archived