Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Days like today I wish I could still smoke weed. 

I've had to adjust my meds, so my brain is re-arranging itself to deal with the new body chemistry and I'm feeling nauseous in the process.  I was already barely sleeping or eating and I'm having trouble focusing while I'm on-call.  If I could leave for the rest of the week, I would, but I have to settle for taking off monday and hoping I've fully adjusted by time I'm back on Tuesday.  

So bothered by the stereotype of vegging out and watching Cheech and Chong.  Weed stopped being cool for me when I was still a teenager, even if I didn't fully understand how it was helping, I knew it was.  If I could get a medical marijuana exception without it costing me my career, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Also, if you say you don't have any regrets in life, lucky you.

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

New Magnum, I will watch that. I like action stuff plus they cast a bad ass woman. Can't go wrong with that!

I think it looks pretty good.  Not all reboots are bad either.  I thought the Hawaii Five-O reboot was actually really good (from what I watched - season 1), actually need to pick that back up too.  And Battlestar Galactica may have been the best reboot of all-time.

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

They shouldn't have made her ex-MI6 though. :rolleyes:

....if they could just get Tom Selleck to voice Robin Masters....

That would be a great tribute to the original show and it would only require a role of him talking.  Maybe a cameo here and there.  Another show I enjoy is Blue Bloods.  

14 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Hope you feel better fast, Renegade. Must suck to feel your body and mind adjust to meds. 

Thank you, really. It's always been a catch-22.  In a way, when you do that, you want weed out the picture to make sure its actually working. 

Having said that, I've had adjustments go so bad I ended up in the emergency room.  Everytime I do this I don't know what's going to happen, I've just learned to take more into considering what works for my other family members due to similar body chemistry instead of letting doctors take the lead and try to guinea pig me.

20 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The Magnum PI reboot trailer/ first look was expectedly underwhelming. ?

I'll still watch it. I'm a sucker.

If they named it something other than Magnum PI, they'd do themselves a favor.  It looks decent but sticking it with a great 80s tv show name that's a classic, people are automatically going to make comparisons.

But I can't even really watch network tv shows anymore.  Half the time they're not that great, the ones that are good I'm just thinking "Man, this would be so much better on HBO or NetFlix"

39 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Thank you, really. It's always been a catch-22.  In a way, when you do that, you want weed out the picture to make sure its actually working. 

Having said that, I've had adjustments go so bad I ended up in the emergency room.  Everytime I do this I don't know what's going to happen, I've just learned to take more into considering what works for my other family members due to similar body chemistry instead of letting doctors take the lead and try to guinea pig me.

Hope this adjustment goes better for you. Can see why people self medicate rather than serve as test subject for different drugs.

My last GF's older sister went off to college in a September and was home by that December a diagnosed violent schizophrenic who was on countless meds throughout the rest of her life. She died several years ago at 78, still with periods of violence and still sick. She couldn't live with anyone, was living in her home state of Michigan and had prettt decent care.  Sad story for sure.

I loved Popeye's, but man is it salty! You don't realize how much until you cut salt out of your diet.

19 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

How much delicious Popeyes can one really eat in a sitting, tho?

One breast, couple of wings, Dirty Rice and a biscuit and Im a goner.

The only reason I know about that Popeyes is because Anthony Bourdain ate there for three straight days while filming his tv show.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But I can't even really watch network tv shows anymore.  Half the time they're not that great, the ones that are good I'm just thinking "Man, this would be so much better on HBO or NetFlix"

So much this.  I haven't watched a TV drama in years.  Hell, LOST might be the last one we watched regularly. 

Shame on me for being snooty little turd, but whenever I go upstairs for bed and turn to CBS right before the local news and catch the last 5 minutes or so of NICS, I just say to myself "people actually watch this ****?"  :( 

The premium channels and Netflix/Amazon/Hulu set the bar so high, and they have so much more freedom with violence, language, sex, etc, I just can't watch network shows anymore.  The one network show I like, This Is Us, we recently binged last month.  It's pretty good, but as brother Spiff said, I can't imagine how much better it would be on say Showtime. 

Without graphic violence, sex, and foul language, you can't really capture the authenticity when telling the story of a good cop drama, which there are a ton of on network television. 

7 minutes ago, Chew said:

So much this.  I haven't watched a TV drama in years.  Hell, LOST might be the last one we watched regularly. 

Shame on me for being snooty little turd, but whenever I go upstairs for bed and turn to CBS right before the local news and catch the last 5 minutes or so of NICS, I just say to myself "people actually watch this ****?"  :( 

The premium channels and Netflix/Amazon/Hulu set the bar so high, and they have so much more freedom with violence, language, sex, etc, I just can't watch network shows anymore.  The one network show I like, This Is Us, we recently binged last month.  It's pretty good, but as brother Spiff said, I can't imagine how much better it would be on say Showtime. 

Without graphic violence, sex, and foul language, you can't really capture the authenticity when telling the story of a good cop drama, which there are a ton of on network television. 

I think the last one I got into was Blacklist.  And it was great, but got too repetitive and formulaic.  Like after 45 minutes you know they're about to make a major discovery that helps them get the person they're after, and I think it's that way for most shows.  Spader's one liners and overall schtick were the only thing that really kept me engaged with that show for as long as I could watch it.  The rest was just standard network mystery drama stuff.  

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Plenty of great/good TV shows on regular network stations.  All of the superhero shows (Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Black Lightning), NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles (I outta Gibbs head slap you for hating :) ) 

Image result for gibbs head slap animated gif

The 100 is good, Riverdale is good.  Blue Bloods, Supernatural, Blackish, Rescue Me (was awesome), Breaking Bad, TWD, Fear TWD, and the lists go on and on.  Sure, I love all the premium shows too, but there is still some good regular ole TV shows out there, imo.

Rescue Me was like the most perfect show ever for my personality. Fit me like a glove, less so now than then, I don't drink or party anymore, or do unorthodox work for aliving but I still ruthlessly bust balls and can relate to those inner conflicts. One of my favorite shows ever.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Baby belly. I could eat 8 piece by myself. 

I could down a gentleman's (roasted) 8 pc. Too much fried in one sitting gives me Liquid Swords

2 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

anxiety is positively associated with cannabis use. 

It's a weird drug, technically a stimulant and a depressant, its been shown to initially raise blood pressure then cause it to drop to below where you originally started, and there have been studies showing it can help some with anxiety and cause it in others.  

There simply isn't enough research to show everything it can do or not do, even down to the individual cannabinoids, not just THC.  But what's absolutely true is that it effects different people different ways.  You have to more careful with broad generalities with marijuana then most if not all of the other drugs.

Archived