Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

36 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

This place got me through my "exile" out of the Mid-Atlantic. It was one of the few connections I had to "home" and though I have a...complex relationship with the team right now (not going into that right now - not the thread for it), I still love visiting this forum because of the connections I made here. Hell, I even got my first news radio gig through this place thanks to @Burgold.

sames. I dont' even stay in touch with my peoples in DC area anymore and I don't even like the Redskins anymore but still come to this site.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Where do you live? I can tell my wife to make it for you. Possibly deliver.

Seriously? I live in Torrance, CA. Thanks man! I'll be home all day she can come through anytime. Turkey club on wheat preferred, all the veggies.

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Personally I quite like Waterloo Sunset, and have always wanted the song Days to be played at my funeral.

Talking about music with Kosh is like teaching your cat to play piano.  There will be notes, possibly even a melody...but it’s really just a cat walking across the keys on his way to food dish.

4 hours ago, thebluefood said:

I've been a part of a lot of message boards and online social communities over the past decade-plus but this is the only one that's stuck. This is one of the few places I can talk about/lament over D.C. Sports since most of my other friends aren't sports fans at all (and those that are don't follow the D.C. Sports teams).

This place got me through my "exile" out of the Mid-Atlantic. It was one of the few connections I had to "home" and though I have a...complex relationship with the team right now (not going into that right now - not the thread for it), I still love visiting this forum because of the connections I made here. Hell, I even got my first news radio gig through this place thanks to @Burgold.

That's the thing about ES. I've made some fun connections, but better some real friends out of a virtual society. I don't know that if that's still happening as much though there are posters who I think are pretty cool, but this place has been more than just a place to yell, rant, rave, or debate.

5 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Seriously? I live in Torrance, CA. Thanks man! I'll be home all day she can come through anytime. Turkey club on wheat preferred, all the veggies.

We live on the East Coast. She left around 3 pm today. Driving. Waze says she’ll be there in 3 Days and 6 hours. 

I am talking about stupid things that bother me feel free to join in: 

Charging my keyboard. It doesn't take long but the angle of the wire the way I have it set makes it awkward to type. 

Washing a car. I have almost ( really almost) convinced my wife that I am more than happy to pay the guys to wash it in half the time and twice as good. 

Deciding what to eat for dinner. Other meals are easy peasy, dinner is always a moment that we start talking about around 2 PM. 

If either of us plan a dinner than we talk ourselves into something else or just eating out. 

The only one that really bothers me is the keyboard. 

The other two are just funny stuff that happens all the time in my life. 

Just now, Riggo-toni said:

I used to do Temptation Eyes in a band - the chord progression was fun to solo over. Tried doing Midnight Confessions in another band, rearranged without horns, but we never quite pulled it off.

The Grass Roots is really good music.  

7 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I am talking about stupid things that bother me feel free to join in: 

Charging my keyboard. It doesn't take long but the angle of the wire the way I have it set makes it awkward to type. 

Washing a car. I have almost ( really almost) convinced my wife that I am more than happy to pay the guys to wash it in half the time and twice as good. 

Deciding what to eat for dinner. Other meals are easy peasy, dinner is always a moment that we start talking about around 2 PM. 

If either of us plan a dinner than we talk ourselves into something else or just eating out. 

The only one that really bothers me is the keyboard. 

The other two are just funny stuff that happens all the time in my life. 

Whats for dinner.....probably has made up 95% of our arguments the past 20 years.  Usually gets to the point where my wife says, "I don't care", then I pick something and the response is "I'm not in the mood for that.".  :806:  and vice versa on her suggestions.

Shoes, flip flops and socks being tossed on the floor in what seems to be every room in the house.  Tazette is the biggest culprit, she just takes off her shoes and socks and will toss them in the floor in the living room or my man cave.  Both her and my wife toss them in my office because its in the room designed to be a dining room so their is no door, just the wide opening.  Well, we put up a dog gate so Dude can't get in there and do damage.  They take them off in there or toss them in since the gate protects them from getting chewed up by Dude.  Other day, there was something crazy like 8 pairs of shoes, boots, flip flops and sandals pilled up.  Drives me nuts man.

Placement of my TV, DVR, Roku, etc. remotes.  At a young age, Tazette would hide all the remotes because she didn't want us to change the channel or turn her shows off.  Biggest problem, she would do it even when no threat was present and then go to bed.  You go to turn on the TV and it was a freaking scavenger hunt to find the darn things.  It carried over subconsciously to the point she didn't even realize she was doing it.  I observed her put on a show and immediately stuff the remote under a blanket and pillow.  She's gotten a lot better lately though.

Same with you Kosh, mostly funny annoying things that happen all the time.

That's funny, Buzz.

Living alone there's no one to blame for anything. Except Dancer. But she doesn't go after shoes, plenty of toys I guess. She's never been interested in them.

I had a Dalmatian once named Mimi, she ruined a pair of Frye boots when she was a puppy because I didn't put them away. Broke my heart.

Archived