Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com - LaRon Landry likely priced himself out of the Jets - Would we? SHOULD we?! No we shouldn't and you all should stop with all the silly "should we" threads. DAMN.

Chadwiko

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000139144/article/laron-landry-likely-priced-himself-out-of-jets-return

ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini wrote Tuesday that Landry -- a free agent to-be -- is believed to be seeking at least $6 million a year, far out of the price range of the cap-strapped Jets. There's no backup plan either, since Landry had a provision built into his one-year deal that prohibited the Jets from using their franchise tag on him.

Basically, Landry bet on himself last March, believing he could hit big on the open market if he was able to prove he could stay healthy and make plays. The gamble worked, but it likely made his time with the Jets a one-and-done scenario.

He didn't leave the Skins on fantastic terms, but that doesn't change the fact that the Skins need help at safety badly...

Would we?

Should we?

Two very different questions.

No and no. He's a thug and Shanahan has finally built a locker room based on character guys.

Laron Landry isn't a "thug". As far as I remember, I don't remember him being criminally charged with anything. People need to stop throwing that word around so loosely. He would have definitely helped our defense last season.

After saying all of that, there is no way I'd sign him. I wouldn't invest in him for the long term. The guy is a bit weird/kooky and has a bit of an attitude that isn't always beneficial. I also thinks he uses performance enhancing drugs that will result in more injuries for him and his body breaking down. Also, his name and draft status will cause him to demand way more than he's worth. So, I'd say pass.

Laron Landry isn't a "thug". As far as I remember, I don't remember him being criminally charged with anything. People need to stop throwing that word around so loosely. He would have definitely helped our defense last season.

After saying all of that, there is no way I'd sign him. I wouldn't invest in him for the long term. The guy is a bit weird/kooky and has a bit of an attitude that isn't always beneficial. I also thinks he uses performance enhancing drugs that will result in more injuries for him and his body breaking down. Also, his name and draft status will cause him to demand way more than he's worth. So, I'd say pass.

No, he wouldn't have helped us last season. That's what's the worst part is.

No, he wouldn't have helped us last season. That's what's the worst part is.

IMHO, pass rush was another huge problem for our team. We allowed QBs to get too comfortable which only exacerbated our weakness in coverage. Laron is pretty good near the line of scrimmage. He's a really good blitzer. Do, I think he would have made us a top ten defense? No... but I think we would have had a better showing.

Archived