Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com - LaRon Landry likely priced himself out of the Jets - Would we? SHOULD we?! No we shouldn't and you all should stop with all the silly "should we" threads. DAMN.

Chadwiko

We won the division with about 5 different starting safeties this past year, none of them named LaRon Landry. 6 mil a year for him? No chance. Especially w/our salary cap debacle still in effect. He's bitter toward the Skins, Shanny....etc.....let him go to Dallas and eat their 6 mil and play half the year at most. Was the guy even that good this past year? I know the Jets were a disaster.

If he played like he started the season before getting hurt a few years back I would entertain it...but i don't see that happening. Overpriced and not the kind of guy i want back. He did knock the crap out of some dudes though--which sadly has become a negative in the NFL these days. He'd be a walking 15 yard penalty on every snap.

We won the division with about 5 different starting safeties this past year, none of them named LaRon Landry. 6 mil a year for him? No chance. Especially w/our salary cap debacle still in effect. He's bitter toward the Skins, Shanny....etc.....let him go to Dallas and eat their 6 mil and play half the year at most. Was the guy even that good this past year? I know the Jets were a disaster.

Not that I wouldn't mind him going to Dallas an ****ing them up for a few years, I think the NFCE team he's most likely to go to is Philly. He'll fit right in there, and not improve them one bit.

I personally am glad he's not on this team anymore. We need depth and youth, I say use the draft, and look for reasonable FA options and re-sign Merriweather if he's healthy. When he played that one half against Philly he instantly made our defense better. The Dirty 30 days in DC done come and gone.

I really don't care about Laron at this point. But I do sometimes think about how unfortunate his injury was for us as an organization. We've all forgotten how awesome he was in 2010 that first half of the season before he got hurt. There was talk of defensive MVP. What a shame he couldn't overcome his injury and attitude here.

We have to have the absolute worst luck when it comes to the Safety position. We let Ryan Clark go for a cheap contract and sign Adam Archuleta to a mega deal. Sean Taylor gets killed from a shot to his leg. Laron Landry tears his Achilles while having a career year. Kareem Moore is a stud all throughout the 2010 offseason only to hurt his knee in training camp and never be the same. Tanard Jackson gets suspended indefinitely after earning a starting job in preseason. Meriweather hurts his knee in preseason, then re-aggravates it from a freak collision during warm ups a month later only to come back and play for a half against the Eagles before re-injuring it again.

I mean, really?

If I were a Safety, I'd be ****ting myself if I'm expected to be a starter for the Redskins. I'd have them list me as a 3rd string player until the guys ahead of me all get screwed and I'm forced to play. Cuz, clearly, that's the only way any Safety can stay healthy here.

Archived