Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buzzfeed: Tax Protestor Refuses to Tip, Blames Obama

Heisenberg

On the plus side, I believe California law requires businesses to pay servers at least California minimum wage, so hopefully someone else bumped her $8 an hour up.

---------- Post added January-9th-2013 at 11:25 AM ----------

Of course, Prop 30 only really "affected" those making over 250K a year. So his discretionary spending must be quite large. ;)

So this person is admitting to making over $250,000 per year and claiming that new taxes are forcing them to screw over minimum wage employees who serve them...

Here's hoping they go back to the same restaurant, are recognized, and get feces in their next meal.

I think the whole thing looks fake.

On the off chance that is it real, the person leaving the note better not show up at that restaurant again (or they may find a nice "extra" in their food.)

Reminds me of the old joke about two rival politicians going to lunch and when they are done one picks it up and offers a 30% tip with a handwritten note saying vote for me. The other guys just laughs and says when I go out I just tip 5% and then I write a note telling them to vote for you too.

I think the whole thing looks fake.

On the off chance that is it real, the person leaving the note better not show up at that restaurant again (or they may find a nice "extra" in their food.)

Reminds me of the old joke about two rival politicians going to lunch and when they are done one picks it up and offers a 30% tip with a handwritten note saying vote for me. The other guys just laughs and says when I go out I just tip 5% and then I write a note telling them to vote for you too.

Restaurants do NOT mess with people's food out of spite... At least none of the ones I've worked in over the past 10 years have...

People think it's rampant, but basically here's what you would have to do:

1) Server recognizes someone who didn't tip them

2) Server tells cooks "this person didn't tip me last time, mess with their food"

3) Cook gets pissed off because the entitled server wants him to risk his job to get revenge

4) Cook does nothing to the food, smiles and winks as he says "I hope they like their food"

5) Server thinks that cook did something, feels like they got revenge.

Restaurants do NOT mess with people's food out of spite... At least none of the ones I've worked in over the past 10 years have...

2) Server tells cooks "this person didn't tip me last time, mess with their food"

3) Cook gets pissed off because the entitled server wants him to risk his job to get revenge

4) Cook does nothing to the food, smiles and winks as he says "I hope they like their food"

you know I was going to ask how often this actually happens. I mean the server is risking his/her job, there would surely be a lawsuit filed against the resteraunt/employee. I mean there is far more at stake than simple revenge.

You forgot the part where the waiter spits in the food as he takes it to the table. :ols:

I agree with IONTOP. In 30 years, I've never known anyone to mess with food...maybe make it super late getting to the table (after the rest of the party is enjoying theirs), but never to pull a "Waiting" kitchen scene on anyone. The best revenge is in your own head...knowing that your constant smile is annoying the crap out of those who are trying to ruin your day because their day sucks.

My day sucked today. My QB was being operated on, and business was slow, so I stayed GLUED to the TV. But everyone was right there with me. I haven't gotten a "hi" in 2 days...it's all been "Sorry," or "Man I was screaming, 'Get him out!', or something else with condolences. Sorry to derail. Couldn't stop.

Taking it out on the little man. Though it may not be true in this instance, I wouldn't put it past people. ive seen similar scenarios. Unless your service is bad, tip your server. 2.13 an hour is nothing, some people make their living on your tips.

I've waited tables for some time as I try to get through college. I don't understand the mindset some people have where they think it's ok not to tip. Generally if you are a good server, your good attitude and service will compensate for the occasional stiff/foreigners/cheap people, but it can be very frustrating at times.

I have received the tract tip before. Though I do think that "tip" is more valuable than money, it's not an excuse not to tip and it violates the golden rule, a stauch Christian idea.

Be nice to people in the service industry and you'll find that they will bend over backward to give you and yours a good experience.

Taking it out on the little man. Though it may not be true in this instance, I wouldn't put it past people. ive seen similar scenarios. Unless your service is bad, tip your server. 2.13 an hour is nothing, some people make their living on your tips.

I've waited tables for some time as I try to get through college. I don't understand the mindset some people have where they think it's ok not to tip. Generally if you are a good server, your good attitude and service will compensate for the occasional stiff/foreigners/cheap people, but it can be very frustrating at times.

I have received the tract tip before. Though I do think that "tip" is more valuable than money, it's not an excuse not to tip and it violates the golden rule, a stauch Christian idea.

Be nice to people in the service industry and you'll find that they will bend over backward to give you and yours a good experience.

But you are taking the different angle than I would.

Don't take it our on someone who is actually working. The server is NOT the freeloader, they are actually working and they are doing their part to "earn" a living. If this is true then the person who did this should find a better way to protest.

Archived