Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After this remarkable turnaround, do you want Haslett back now?

NIKKI8

Going into the bye week after the loss to Carolina I thought there was no chance Jim Haslett would return as defensive coordinator in 2013, I was even kinda hoping that he wouldn't finish out the season but something has changed in this defense since they came back and went on this six game winning streak and now I'm leaning towards wanting him back next season. He seems to be making better adjustments now and the half that meriweather played made me think that if we had better play at safety the rest of the defense would look alot better. I'm just curious as to what other fans are thinking regarding Haslett coming back next year?

i want him back, im curious to see what we could have done without all the injuries and a new secondary. his adjustments have been pretty good since the bye and im wondering how they would have been if the injury bug didnt hit us so hard. bottom line i say keep him unless there is someone out there we cant refuse

I still think he's gone, but I wouldn't be shocked if he coached his way into another year.

Well, he did receive an extension earlier this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000064266/article/jim-haslett-receives-redskins-contract-extension

I think it's likely we keep him. Personally, I'm kind of torn -- I do want him still gone because he's for the most part mediocre at best. I want someone who can be good consistently.

Although if someone like Rex Ryan gets fired honestly I wouldn't mind going after him. You know he's a very good coordinator. Just a crappy head coach. I don't know if he would mesh well with the Shanahans though so kind of a moot point unless he gets fired or something.

ah what the heck, id say keep him at least one more season. since the monday nighter against the giants, we've been losing at halftime (with the exception of this past sundays game), but instead of throwing in the towel, haslett has turned it around in the 2nd half of the games, and we have won those games. in my opinion, he definitely has coached himself into another season with the skins.

He's coming back. As far as do I, personally, want him back? Yes. I'd like to see what he can do next year with an improved (hopefully) secondary and not so many damn injuries.

The media guys, especially the retired players/coaches/front office guys that do commentary sing his praises for what he's done with the defense the second half of the season.

I think sometimes it's easy as fans to get frustrated when the defense is playing poorly and be quick to call for the head of the d-coord. It's not just Redskin fans but all fans that do it, you can look at a team with a top 10 defense and when they have a couple bad games in a row look at their fan forum....the DC is an idiot and needs to be fired and replaced, along with half the defense. It's just how fans react.

I don't think he's coming back. I think there has been some damage done behind closed doors that will earn him a pink slip at the end of the season, regardless of how our guys play on the field.

And I personally don't want him back. Not because I'm a total Haslett hater, but I think we can do better. I think Rivera will be our next DC in...DC. :)

Lets not forget that during the first half of the season, the half time adjustments were terrible. How does amendola become shredder making our def look like Swiss cheese singlehandedly. This winning streak was only needed because of our def. who is to say that he solely is the one making adjustments? What makes you think haslett is single handedly responsible for second half adjustments? And not to mention, we almost just lost to the sorry eagles and nick foles with a broken hand. That pass that was short but why was the wr wide open? I'm just now seeing stunts and twists during the last few games..but during the first half I rarely seen them. Is this haslett finally learning how to coach or be creative when all along it should of been happening? Give me Rex Ryan, or pluck Lou spanos

I think he's extremely limited in how good he can be, but he CAN put together a mediocre defense when given the right tools. With the way our offense is playing, that may be enough to make us an elite team.

If a DC becomes available that we absolutely cannot pass on, I think Haslett is and should be replaced. If not, then I guess we roll with another year. I don't expect us to be a top defense in the NFL regardless of what players we bring in if he is still DC, however.

The change after the Carolina game can be attributed to a myriad of things (players attitudes, RG3 becoming a captain, the Coach's comments and so on.) But there are certainly better DC's than him. And I for one would like to see a fired up young DC who can bring some passion to this team.

Ask after we play Dallas on Sunday...

This. The season isn't over yet, and our defense has consistently been the worst part of our team in 2012. No reason we shouldn't seek to improve our team anyway.

HOWEVER, the season isn't over yet. He could string together five shutouts in a row on our way to a Lombardi. I have no idea. But, at this stage, I think it's far more likely that we give up 30 on Sunday and barely pull away in a shootout.

I don't really know, the defense was inexcusably bad in the first half of the season which made me hate Haslett. To his credit it has picked up, but we still give up way too many plays and points in general.

If Dallas drops over 35 on us and we lose a chance at the playoffs, expect this debate to heat up.

Archived