Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News: List of Best and Worst Drivers

Destructis

That's crap. I'm going to send them an angry text message as soon as I finish making this right turn on red.

Right turn on red, how's that bad? The drivers I see are doing left turns on red, or right turns from the left lane, etc. And if you're referring to the texting, most people wouldn't wait until they completed the turn. They'd try and do it while they were turning.

Another thing I've noticed around here, I'm fairly certain I'm the only person in the dmv that realizes that all cars are in fact equipped with special devices that alert surrounding drivers that you intend to make a turn or change lanes. No one around here uses turn signals, drives me crazy.

Another thing I've noticed around here, I'm fairly certain I'm the only person in the dmv that realizes that all cars are in fact equipped with special devices that alert surrounding drivers that you intend to make a turn or change lanes. No one around here uses turn signals, drives me crazy.

Because of that I've developed a sort of radar sense where you can frequently tell if someone is going to turn based on the car's "body language." Often I can tell if a car is going to turn before they signal, if they do at all. It's a useful skill.

I wonder how many people driving in D.C. are from the DMV.

Just my opinion, but I think the most of the ****ty drivers you encounter inside of DC and on the highways in VA and MD are the transplants.

You grow up in the DMV and learn how to drive here, you're good. I see the driving of people in other states and it looks like they are sleeping on the wheel.

Because of that I've developed a sort of radar sense where you can frequently tell if someone is going to turn based on the car's "body language." Often I can tell if a car is going to turn before they signal, if they do at all. It's a useful skill.

This really made me laugh! I have developed that same sense. Also you can tell when people are texting because they slow down. When I see someone ahead that had been hauling suddenly slow down, I anticipate the slow weave that usually soon follows.

Fixed

Everyone in the area sucks because they were taught to be selfish as **** on the road. Nobody gives a damn about anyone and if it'll save them 45 seconds they'll cause a problem. It's not like that in the Midwest. It's just as bad here in Boston.

In the DC area I've never seen so many people speed up and race through people to be the first ones to a red light. It's ridiculous.

Just my opinion, but I think the most of the ****ty drivers you encounter inside of DC and on the highways in VA and MD are the transplants.

You grow up in the DMV and learn how to drive here, you're good. I see the driving of people in other states and it looks like they are sleeping on the wheel.

I think so too. I grew up here on these roads and when I went to school in Western, PA....I was considered the best driver of my little crew. Don't know if that's saying much, but compared to Beltway Madness, a snowy Pittsburgh in my little Acura Integra was cake.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/08/29/where-do-america-best-and-worst-drivers-live/?intcmp=features

Baltimore is number 2 and DC is number 1 with the worst drivers. Does this surprise anyone?

Sure as hell doesn't surprise me and I live in a suburb of Baltimore on the DC side.

They are WAAAAAAAAAAY off. I lived in NoVa for 35 years before moving to Alabama. Mississippi, Louisiana, & Florida drivers HAVE to be tied for worst, with Alabama in a very close 2nd. I would have to say Maryland would be 3rd from my experience.

I do agree that learning to drive in this area, be it Beltway madness, lack of turn signals, cutting people off, angry hand gestures, etc....prepares you for almost anything the rest of the country can throw at you.

You would think. But honestly, you'd be surprised. People here have absolutely no sense, common or otherwise. Turn signals for changing lanes in the DC area are far more frequent then they are here. On top of that, vehicle care is far better. I have been in traffic with cars with no hoods & engines literally held together with duct tape & rope. I wish I were kidding about that. I have no doubt that every single driver in Alabama would have traffic violations galore in Va.

I do agree that learning to drive in this area, be it Beltway madness, lack of turn signals, cutting people off, angry hand gestures, etc....prepares you for almost anything the rest of the country can throw at you.

Beltway Madness = bumper cars at the carnival

While it appears to me from my experience that Northern California drivers are a bit better than those in the DC area (and yes, the Beltway is particularly bad), there is no way those are the worst drivers in the US. No way. Boston is much worse, as are all the geezers in south Florida and Phoenix. No comparison.

Same here. They'll start drifting in the direction of wherever they intend to go, or start to slow down. A lot of times I even peek through the rear windshield to see the drivers body language, like if they have their head down, look like the're on the phone, or constantly turning their heads to talk to someone in the car.

Archived