Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News: List of Best and Worst Drivers

Destructis

i thought VA drivers were the worst, but then I moved to Orange County, California....

no joke, they don't teach you to use your signal or that the left lane is for passing out here. I've had multiple people tell me out here theyve never heard of that

And the highway is 14 lanes wide and jammed with people tailgating at 80 mph. Orange County driving is scary.

I thought this was going to be a much different thread, like ranking drivers based on age, gender or race. Thank Ron L Hubbard it's not, this could have gotten ugly really fast.

Thanks for posting the info, now I know not to drive anywhere on the Eastern Seaboard.

Might as well avoid the Gulf Coast as well.

Side by side driving is the worst. Not only is it obnoxious, it's also dangerous. Driving isn't rocket science, I don't understand why it's so hard for some people.

Well sometimes when I look over at the people who seem to be having a hard time driving I begin to wonder how they are able to dress themselves in the morning, seeing as they appear about as bright as a box of rocks. Yet somehow these people can manage to operate a cell phone. Which they frequently do at the same time as they attempt to drive.

I swear, when I finally snap, I'm going to build an armored vehicle something like this:

hyundai-zombie-survival-machine.jpg

And every time some idiot does something stupid in front of me on the road I'm just going teach them a lesson.

One thing that has always irritated me in particular is people who don't know how to merge properly, or go full retard and speed past people instead of patiently merging behind the car that is already ahead of them. There are countless people who either fly past cats on the shoulder, or go at a snails pace an dallow everyone and their mother to pass them, and then you have idiots that will attempt to dick their way over, get blocked, and then get angry and just ride alongside you, or still try to muscle you out of the way.

That third scenario happened to me a few months back, and although I'm typically a pretty calm person, I blew a freaking gasket. Ruined my whole day.

and then you have idiots that will attempt to dick their way over, get blocked, and then get angry and just ride alongside you, or still try to muscle you out of the way.

That third scenario happened to me a few months back, and although I'm typically a pretty calm person, I blew a freaking gasket. Ruined my whole day.

Well, in heavy traffic, when entering a freeway, you're supposed to ride the entire length of the merge lane, then zipper in at the very end where it tapers off. This maximized the amount of asphalt being used, and therefore increases the overall flow of traffic.

The fact that people don't know how to merge when entering highways is the reason 66 is choked up during non HOV hours. It's like 90% of the people who live in Falls Church don't know what to do when merging into a highway from the entrance. What ends up happening is everyone gets choked up starting from West Falls Church all the way up to Ballston.

Magically the highway opens up once you pass the exit for Glebe Road.

• 1 month later...
That's crap. I'm going to send them an angry text message as soon as I finish making this right turn on red.

From the left lane.

---------- Post added October-4th-2012 at 04:41 PM ----------

The only reason Hampton Roads doesn't make that list is because it's too small.

1.) Resort area with a lot of transplants and tourists who don't know where in the hell they're going? Check.

2.) Absurdly aggressive locals? Check.

3.) Horrible, horrible infrastructure leading to traffic snarls comparable to what you see in DC and Atlanta despite the fact there are so many fewer people (making those locals so aggressive)? Check.

I lived in Richmond and Charlottesville, Raleigh/Chapel Hill/Durham, in Iowa, and in a small town. The only other places I experienced the kinds of terrible driving I experience on a daily basis in Norfolk, were DC and Atlanta.

Although it was pretty bad in Chicago on the skyway too. It was like that damned autobahn when I drove there. I was getting blown by doing 85-90+ MPH.

Witnessed a bad accident with injuries this morning. A woman egregiously ran a red light at an intersection with a seven lane road. It was pretty horrible. The two lanes turning left managed to stop in time to avoid her but the two going straight (opposite direction from me) couldn't see her and she hit the first two cars.

By vagary of the order those lights turn green, I wasn't involved. If traffic going my direction got green lights first, that could have been me that got hit. Scary to watch.

Anyway, unbelievably, immediately after that happened, the people turning left at that green arrow still ran their red light forcing everyone going my direction to stop and wait on them.

Norfolk has terrible traffic infrastructure. There are no real bypass roads to get from the Northern tip of Norfolk to the Southern end, and that's the drive I have to make every morning. Everyone who drives around in Norfolk has to stop at a TON of traffic lights, and they are not well timed. If you stop at one, you're going to stop at a lot of them. So people run the red lights ALL of the time. And people get into a ton of accidents as a result. This happened this morning. Last Friday, my girlfriend's coworker was sent to the hospital with a broken arm when she was T-boned by a car running a red light.

Never in my life have I seen such a collection of horribly stupid, incompetent, and aggressive drivers as the ones I encounter every day in Norfolk.

Driving on St Croix

Expect the car in front of you to stop at any time to let another car out or just to talk to somebody. Be patient.

Drive in the left lane, pass on the right. The little highway we do have, most people don't break 50 and the turn lane is on the right (the passing lane). I've also been stuck behind a horse.

The pothole preservation society is huge here. Makes driving in PA look like butter.

We honk horns to say hello, go ahead and thank you. Happy honks, never in anger.

You can drink and drive.

Head lights are all angled to the right, which in the states is great. Here on island, we drive on the other side, so the lights shine right in your face and because it's so mountainous here, it's usuallly high beams.

Well, in heavy traffic, when entering a freeway, you're supposed to ride the entire length of the merge lane, then zipper in at the very end where it tapers off. This maximized the amount of asphalt being used, and therefore increases the overall flow of traffic.

THANK YOU! I've been screaming this for years. I hate, absolutely hate when someone tries to merge over immediately, stops and holds up traffic in the merge lane. I also hate the dickwads that don't want to let 1 car merge in front of them. Really? We're going 5 mph and you can't give up one fricking car space in front of you? If people would ride the entire length of the merge lane and the traffic in the right lane would let every other car merge in, traffic would run so smooth and wouldn't come to a grinding halt. Why do people don't know how to merge? Why? Why don't you know how to do it?

And also, they banned texting in North Carolina (not South Carolina of course) and I still see people doing it. Please, please, someone enlighten this poor stupid **** and tell me what in the hell are they looking at on their IPhones in the middle of the godamn highway? What is so important? Pertinent? What could you possibly be looking at? Are you that bored driving a car? How about the radio? You know, listen to some music or do like I do, turn on sprortstalk and yell at the idiot Panther fans.

I don't get the cell phone thing, really, I don't get it. I probably never will.

Everyone in the area sucks because they were taught to be selfish as **** on the road. Nobody gives a damn about anyone and if it'll save them 45 seconds they'll cause a problem. It's not like that in the Midwest. It's just as bad here in Boston.

In the DC area I've never seen so many people speed up and race through people to be the first ones to a red light. It's ridiculous.

Not living in the DC or Baltimore areas I can only speculate, but I will speculate away:

The difference between Boston's bad drivers and everyone elses' is that the bad drivers here are mostly good drivers who wilfully break the rules. Bad drivers in other places I've been to, including the DMV, are more of a mix of misbehavers and clueless idiots. Another thing that encourages the behavior here is that cops rarely if ever pull you over for a violation. It's unlikely that the presence of a cop car would stop anyone here from breaking the traffic laws. But we all know that and act accordingly.

When some jerkwad misses the front of my car by one foot while I'm doing 75 and he's doing 90 and going across 4 lanes of traffic, I am a bit angry yes, but there's also a grudging respect that he pulled it off so well. *******.

They need to change these rankings:

Most clueless drivers

Most timid drivers

Most lawless drivers

Any other categories?

You all are right when you say that people who don't let one car over are idiots. It is just one car!!! People are idiots man.

But it's unfair to judge an area based on accidents, because I can tell you that driving in the DMV, usually when somebody is doing something stupid on the road they usally have VA tags. But it is what it is, I just drive to do what I am supposed to do and pray that everybody else is doing the same.

---------- Post added October-5th-2012 at 12:28 PM ----------

Biggest pet peeve: SLOW drivers in the left lane. Get out the way soccer mom

Yeah man that sucks to. What is just as worst is the fast drivers in the right lane. I tend to be in the right lane more now since I am driving this minivan (but I can still giddy up when I have too :D ) I hate when people get on my back when the left lane is clear for passing. It's is really annoying.

Although it was pretty bad in Chicago on the skyway too. It was like that damned autobahn when I drove there. I was getting blown by doing 85-90+ MPH.

Yeah, but I think that Chicago drivers are actually pretty good overall. That's just a bad and frustrating road. It was one of the first urban highways ever built, and they didn't know some of the basic design rules for keeping traffic flowing and safe that we now take for granted.

Archived