Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News: List of Best and Worst Drivers

Destructis

Any list of "Worst Driver's In The Country" that doesn't include Miami is automatically disqualified from being taken seriously, in my mind.

People who complain about drivers in Virginia or Maryland are funny to me.  

Spend a month trying to navigate around west or south Miami without getting into an accident, and then try and make those same complaints about VA or MD or where ever.

Without reading anything other than the main post I have to say I wholeheartedly agree. The worst drivers on Earth reside in Maryland. There is at least one or two major accidents a week on interstate 70 between Frederick and Hagerstown. Psychos on their cell phones doing 90mph.

I can't wait to get out of this state.

False. Worse drivers on Earth all live in Mexico City. 

Also, for some reason every time I have driven into Atlanta I have almost gotten side-swiped on my right side or seen it happen to someone else. One I even had to get half way on to the shoulder and floor it to avoid impact because I saw it coming as the person cut across all 4 lanes.

I hate the DMV area. There's no more driving here. It's just bumper to bumper all hours of the day. People don't know how to merge, they drive slow and listless in the fast lane, they ride their brake when making turns at the light so only a few make it, the lights are not synchronized for traffic flow, and as much as the population keeps exploding the road expansion to compensate for it has been pathetic, hence this area is top 3 worse in the nation for traffic. I miss the no traffic of east TN. It wasn't great when I was younger, but being back after 6 years, wow, holy crap is it a million times worse. I don't know how you all deal with it every day going to work. 45 minutes to drive 12 miles. It's infuriating and has to be taking its toll on your quality of life over time. 

• 1 month later...

Worst Drivers By State

Road rage, careless driving, swerving cars: these may all be things you encounter during your normal commute. And the thought “This state has got to have the worst drivers!” may cross your mind from time to time.

It’s time to update our findings with the latest driving statistics and ask once again, “Which state has the worst drivers?“. Keep in mind that not only are bad drivers aggravating and dangerous, but they contribute to increased auto insurance premiums in your State!

Methodology

The rankings are based on statistics pulled from several sources, including the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the National Motorists Association, and Mothers Against Drink Driving.

There are five categories for each score, including:

• Fatalities Rate per 100 Million Vehicle Miles Traveled
  • Failure to Obey (Traffic Signals + Seat Belts)
  • Drunk Driving
  • Tickets
  • Careless Driving

We translated all of this information into one Total Score: the higher the score, the worse off the states were.

For example, the state with the most Careless Driving, Florida, got a 51 on the scale (District of Columbia is included in the rankings). The higher the score in each category, the worse the drivers, and the higher your state’s car insurance rates could be.

For a complete breakdown, along with the specific sources used for each scoring criteria, click here or checkout our summarized table below. For all media inquiries please email: jeff@carinsurancecomparison.com

Here are the Top 10, in descending order:

Ten States with the Worst Drivers:

1. Louisiana
2. South Carolina
3. Mississippi
4. Texas
5. Alabama
6. Florida
7. Missouri (tie)
7. North Carolina (tie)
9. Montana
10. North Dakota

Click on the link for the full article

• 4 weeks later...

People who need this app should be added to the list of worst drivers:

New app that can park a car

A new app has been announced that can park cars for drivers struggling to reverse into tight spots.

car_park_pa.jpg

What a parked car may look like

The Driverless Car Experience app was unveiled by Bosch at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, reports the Metro.

Drivers will just have to swipe a virtual image on their smartphone and the app does the rest.

Sensors in the car scan the available space and then take control to either reverse into a bay or parallel park.

Click on the link for the full article

Archived