Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Circumcision: Yay or Nay?

NoCalMike

Well I can say they couldn't have debunked the health benefits because there are some. That said it really is a cost to benefit question (ie Are the Benefits actually worth getting the procedure?).

From WebMD

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/guide/circumcision

There is some evidence that circumcision has health benefits, including:

A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.

A reduced risk of sexually transmitted diseases in men.

Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.

Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and ********).

Like any surgical procedure, there are risks associated with circumcision. However, this risk is low. Problems associated with circumcision include:

Pain

Risk of bleeding and infection at the site of the circumcision

Irritation of the glans

Increased risk of meatitis (inflammation of the opening of the penis)

Risk of injury to the penis.

Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the ********) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the ******** to its original location).

Circumcision also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean

Tell ya what, I'll put you, Penn and Teller in contact with some members of my church.

The grandfather who is in his 50's and his grandson 3 years ild who both had to be circumcized because some of the ******** lost its elasticity and began to pull and bleed. The grandson took weeks to heal and the grandfather was out of work for a week and a half after his. He described it to me like this, imagine a gothic daisey with a purple center and black thorns for petals. We asked him if he left a tip for the doctor. But to those who say there is no medical reason for circumcision....you're wrong and I can prove it.

Tell ya what, I'll put you, Penn and Teller in contact with some members of my church.

The grandfather who is in his 50's and his grandson 3 years ild who both had to be circumcized because some of the ******** lost its elasticity and began to pull and bleed. The grandson took weeks to heal and the grandfather was out of work for a week and a half after his. He described it to me like this, imagine a gothic daisey with a purple center and black thorns for petals. We asked him if he left a tip for the doctor. But to those who say there is no medical reason for circumcision....you're wrong and I can prove it.

Gosh darn, now that's some real evidence.

Uh 2/3'rds of the worlds males are proof that you are wrong.

I can give you medical evidence of complications of circumcision. Make it right?

Gosh darn, now that's some real evidence.

Uh 2/3'rds of the worlds males are proof that you are wrong.

I can give you medical evidence of complications of circumcision. Make it right?

And yet we cut keep hearing that there is NO medical reason to be cut. If you're going to make absolute claims then they had better stand up absolutely.

You're twisting what he said. He merely pointed out that in some cases, circumcision is a good thing.

I don't disagree.

---------- Post added December-8th-2011 at 08:12 PM ----------

And yet we cut keep hearing that there is NO medical reason to be cut. If you're going to make absolute claims then they had better stand up absolutely.

Well your story wouldn't be medical evidence. Just saying.

My kids will be cut too....I've had multiple girls tell me that uncircumcised wangs were gross

I'll come out with a lil honesty itt. The above reason is why I asked to be circumsized when I was 11 years old. I was uncircumsized and was at the age where was kissing girls and going up their shirt etc. Heard girls say pretty much the same thing and wanted to get it done.

I was embarrassed not to be cirumsized.

Looking back, I guess it was kind of silly. But it was pretty damn important to for me to get that done, or so I thought at the time.

So, will i cut my kids? Dunno. i will leave it up to the wife.

I don't remember mine, so as far as I'm concerned, it didn't hurt. :ols:

I was blessed with two lovely, healthy girls. But if I had had a boy, he would have been circumcised. And no, I wouldn't have been present. Even though it doesn't hurt. ;)

I'll get you a picture, I'm sure he's got one. And I'll get you a copy of his medical records, but you wouldn't read them as such the story will have to do.

I don't need a picture. I have been to plenty of civilized countries in the world where the men were not circumcised.

Circumcision is a funny topic for me, because as a circumcised male, I wouldn't want to be any other way, probably mostly due to the stigma surrounding NOT being circumcised in America, right or wrong. But its a funny topic, because while I wouldn't have it any other way, and would probably have my future sons circumcised, intellectually I know that there's really not much reason for it at all, except in certain cases, and its popularity in America is largely fed by myths, misunderstanding, and purposeful farce.

Here's some reading on it, ignore the title, its not just about forced retraction. But you have to read through it a bit to get to the general circumcised vs. uncircumcised info.

http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/info/info-forcedretraction.html

I'll come out with a lil honesty itt. The above reason is why I asked to be circumsized when I was 11 years old. I was uncircumsized and was at the age where was kissing girls and going up their shirt etc. Heard girls say pretty much the same thing and wanted to get it done.

I was embarrassed not to be cirumsized.

Looking back, I guess it was kind of silly. But it was pretty damn important to for me to get that done, or so I thought at the time.

So, will i cut my kids? Dunno. i will leave it up to the wife.

Ouch. Did it hurt like hell?

Yay for myself, nay for the future kids. And I'll fight baby mamma over it if I have to.

1) I don't belong to any tribe

2) I've always heard that they're basically cutting off nerve endings and it really takes away sensitivity.

Given #1, why in the world would I subject my boy to #2?

Archived