Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Circumcision: Yay or Nay?

NoCalMike

So? We have been told that there is NO medical reason for it...well that simply isn't true.

Well other then the fact that you are just wrong, I don't know what to tell you.

But you seem to follow the herd.

http://www.medicinenet.com/circumcision_the_medical_pros_and_cons/article.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_analysis_of_circumcision

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/pregnancy-childbirth/whether-or-not-circumcise

You can say it is so, but the majority of the world is uncircumcised. So just stating it because it is your religious belief, or a friend had an issue, or Americans just do it is not an excuse.

Yay for myself, nay for the future kids. And I'll fight baby mamma over it if I have to.

1) I don't belong to any tribe

2) I've always heard that they're basically cutting off nerve endings and it really takes away sensitivity.

Given #1, why in the world would I subject my boy to #2?

Sorry if this is too long of a quote.

To circumcize the nerve ending for your own personal reasons. Or even perhaps for hers.

Fair enough. I don't think many kids (hopefully) would know before HS, and that might be the worst time to have that type of thing done.

BTW - The people that think that adds length are funny. Skin stretches.

And the nerve thing you were supposed to get. Longer lasting for you and her.

Pretty much all girls I know this being uncircumcised is nasty, even to the point where they wont do anything with a guy who hasnt been circumcised. I'm glad I got it done and if I have any boys they sure as hell will have it done too. Lets be honest here, most women don't like uncircumcised wangs.

Somehow I can't imagine a woman saying :

"I really like you. I find you good-looking, you have a wonderful personality, and it's amazing how much we have in common. But this just won't work. I can't be with a man who doesn't have a surgically altered wee wee."

circumcision is an unnecessary and pointless surgery, and its tradition in the united states is rooted in superstition and bad 19th century medicine.

i would encourage any fans of circumcision to read about John Harvey Kellogg, one of circumcision's most prominant proponents and one of the people responsible for making it the default in the united states. he was a wealthy 19th century doctor (also the inventor of corn flakes) who promoted circumcision relentlessly, because he believed it stifled the urge to masturbate in men. (he was also a fan of burning womens' clitorises with acid to prevent the same evil urges.)

incidentally, he was also a huge advocate of yogurt enemas ... i almost wish those had caught on instead of the far weirder tradition of mutilating the penises of our infants.

---------- Post added December-9th-2011 at 04:06 PM ----------

Pretty much all girls I know this being uncircumcised is nasty, even to the point where they wont do anything with a guy who hasnt been circumcised. I'm glad I got it done and if I have any boys they sure as hell will have it done too. Lets be honest here, most women don't like uncircumcised wangs.

this is not true, first of all. most women don't have a strong preference or would get over it immediately.

secondly, most men throughout Europe are uncut and they seem to get plenty of action. in fact, if you were to take a trip over there and get lucky, the women over there would probably find your nethers strange. it's just a matter of what people are used to.

I think its mostly a cultural preference...

But with my son, it was definitely a good thing we had him circumsized. He had a minor genetic defect and had no visible eyelids at birth. It wasn't life-threatening or anything, but we were concerned about his appearance. Luckily, our obstetrician knew a plastic surgeon who had treated a number of newborns for the same thing. When they did his circumsion, they used the extra skin to fashion him two perfect little eyelids.

I'm so thankful, because today he's a handsome 8 year old and you'd never know there was ever a problem.

Of course, the Dr. did say he'll be c0ck-eyed for life.

Do you tell him that he should play with it in private when he starts rubbing his eyes?

this is not true, first of all. most women don't have a strong preference or would get over it immediately.

secondly, most men throughout Europe are uncut and they seem to get plenty of action. in fact, if you were to take a trip over there and get lucky, the women over there would probably find your nethers strange. it's just a matter of what people are used to.

Not exactly true...In college, I had a girl from Nepal play with Mr. Happy and she said it looked cleaner since Nepali men arent normally circumcised...and she said she wanted to make sure any boys she had later would be circumcised because she liked it better..

Archived