Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

Play good defense. Check.

Make opponent take last shot while falling out of bounds. Check.

Watch as opponent makes the shot, one handed, over the side of the backboard.

Pwned.

I refereed a girls JV game last week that featured a play with double self-ownage...

Self ownage 1. Midway through the 3rd quarter, a girl gains control in her own backcourt, gets confused, and drives toward the wrong basket for a shot.

Self ownage 2. A girl from the other team, apparently equally confused, fouls the girl as she shoots!

I've had kids get confused and shoot - even score - at the wrong basket, but this is the first time I've ever had someone actually fouled while shooting at the wrong basket.

Edited by Dan T.

:ols:

Love the ponies!!

3. Spam is strictly prohibited.

The following are some examples of what ES considers spam:

Very short posts that do not add value to the topic.

Example: posts with only the words, "I dunno," or "lol cool," or "in before close" or a quote of a post with only "smileys" added, or simply the word "this" and an upward arrow or "x2" added. If that is the only contribution you have to make to the discussion, this is not the place for you.

We've just finished running a warning sticky thread about this and made many warnings in many threads about this being eligible for a week ban. So consider yourself lucky you get another warning :) and will be able to post about this weekend's palyoff games on ES...unless you screw up again. :D

Edited by Jumbo

Hey, we already made previous warnings and have been/may ban for posts of vids/pics/gifs that are neither related to the topic or are funny/worthy somewhat in that direction (including extended dialogue). Some members with such propensities have even been warned as a courtesy via PM.

Some folks involved in the matter think that a few of our glitches may be related to the difficulties in our regular database rebuiliding, and a big part of that database is our healthy number of gif/pics/videos threads, since we don't have the resources of a Youtube or the like.

That's one reson why that language has been in rule 11 for YEARS. Just file this under fwiw, don't be surprised about us acting on such matters (or go ahead and be surprised :pfft:), and don't mistake this as an invitation to converse about the matter <see the phrase where I mentioned "extended dialogues" not being ok in this thread>.

I think a good approach to take on this and similar threads is make it about quality of effort, not quantity (ala Twitting or Facing). That's always been our ideal for every thread in every forum anyway, humorous or serious (other than Random Thought).

Edited by Jumbo

Pardon my intrusion, again, but in recognition of BLTO's last post on ES and one more sincerely benign effort to help some folks who struggle with rules but would rather remain an active poster "get it" ...here is a PM sent to staff just now

after numerous warnings/dicussions and 14 user notes...and with 4 out of 5 mods on record as saying it should have been done long ago...he's gone <see owned thread--and ignored warnings >

As usual, this is me sharing for the greater good...not inviting discussion <see rule 18> :)

To be even further helpful, simply posting "bronie" pics that don't really fit the nature of the thread (or any pics of similar nature in effect) will also be subject to bans under the spam rule that we have been running sticky "warning" threads on recently. :)

I don't get what he did wrong? Was him posting the ponies spam? I thought they were pretty funny.

EDIT: NVM...i didn't see the note that we were not to discuss this...

i was just curious if that was who Jumbo was referring to in his post and if it was a perma ban

Edited by Skinz4Life12

I don't get what he did wrong? Was him posting the ponies spam? I thought they were pretty funny.

Now I posted on the previous page what you're expected to already know---that no conversations from your end (especially your "opinion" on such) about actions regarding another member was solicited, and I referred to rule 18 where the matter is described in detail and how to proceed if one feels the need.

I even went out of my way to share overall context as to why the initial ban (BLTO), as well as figuring that if anyone read the sequence of events in the thread just as they were posted they wouldn't have to ask any "durrrr" questions.

As usual, my biggest error is giving a **** about trying to prevent self-immolation in the first place and wasting my time with those destined to never pay attention to anything but the smell of their own farts. Damn. You have been around plenty long enough to read and learn the rules. And I like you guys as posters, not that it matters. But 07, you now have 8 violations involving five mods, past and present staff, and are about out of rope. :(

EDIT: NVM...i didn't see the note that we were not to discuss this...

i was just curious if that was who Jumbo was referring to in his post and if it was a perma ban

And this was unbelievable, amigo. :( I was just about to post a "congrats" to you for catching your error and editing your post, and then you go ahead an actually repeat the violation in this post while acknowledging you understood that you had just previously committed it!

You can't make this stuff up.

Now I hate getting into these threads, just to be open about this kind of stuff, but I guess I am just stuck on trying to let ya'all know what NOT to do, or why someone gets nailed, so that others can avoid it (since reading and learning the rules, or paying attention to sticky threads regularly run on these matters seems too much to expect).

But I'm done interrupting again for awhile. I will just quietly swing the hammer hard when appropriate.

Edited by Jumbo