Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Commanders vs Bears Score Prediction thread: Fire For Effect!

skins island connection

Good Ol' Smashmouth Football Game, Who Will Come Out On Top?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins The Game?

When: October 27th 4:25p.m. { 3:25 p.m. CST }

Where: Northwest Stadium, Landover

This Sunday the Commanders sort of welcome in the Chicago Bears in what should be a smashmouth katy bar the door battle; hopefully. 

The Commanders hold a slight edge in head-to-head by a 27-25-1 record.

DA Bears are 12th in points-for and 4th in points-against, which means they have a stout defense and it will be at least a 60 minute battle.

The Bears are coming off a bye { figures } and their last game was a 35-16 thrashing of the Jag-u-ars. Ironically, they are 4th or last in their division with a 4-2 record.

Heisman Trophy winner Caleb Williams dueling against Heisman trophy winner Jayden Daniels; maybe. 

The Bears are a well-rounded team that cannot be taken lightly. A good offense and a stingy defense will prove to be a chore if the Commanders wish to go to 6-2.

The Commanders come off a solid performance against the Carolina Panthers, even with Daniels giving everyone heart spasms. Fear not, the surprise came in the

form of Marcus Mariota and a defense that actually played good. Mariota, after a less than stellar first series, stepped it up big time, leading drive after drive and

scoring TDs in a way that gave the fans a breath of relief, some even having flashbacks to the 1991 season when Rypien would rest and Jeff Rutledge would get

some quality playing time.

The Commanders defense stepped it up big time, picking off a pass early and taking it to the house for a TD and got another int, although it was more or less a

pitch-n-catch pick-off. Nonetheless the D-line slowed down their running game, and only gave up a TD late in the game when it was garbage time.

This was a game that in past years the Commanders would have ended up losing, but now they're beating the teams they're supposed to. Now, let's not get

all big-headed; this was the Panthers afterall, and the Bears are a horse of a different color. They're not 4-2 for no reason. They've beat the teams they were

supposed to as well, losing only to the Colts and the Texans, so this will be a barometer to how good they really are, or are not. 

Look for this game to be hard hitting, possibly fumbles by both teams. As of now they are a 1 point favorite. If the Commanders want to come out victorious

they will have to play disciplined football. The thing that worries me is Robinson rushing through, getting stood up and then stripped of the ball while trying to

fight for 1 more yard. The Bears defense will be ball hungry so protecting the ball is priority 1 !!

When the dust settles and the fur flies,

the Commanders win it on a last second FG that barely clears the uprights.

Final score:

Commanders 23

Bears 21

** First correct score prediction wins either a Redskins hard hat or an NFL Commanders blanket.

So good luck and   G  O     C  O  M  M  A  N  D  E  R  S !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On December 8, 1940, the Chicago Bears beat the Washington Redskins 73-0 at DC’s Griffith Stadium in the NFL Championship in front of a sellout crowd of 36,034.

The Bears scored 11 touchdowns. So many balls were kicked into the stands on extra points that by the 4th quarter officials asked Bears coach George Halas to try for 2 on extra points because they were running out of footballs.

To add insult to injury, the game was the first NFL championship game broadcast live nationwide on radio.

Early on the Redskins had a chance to tie the game 7-7, but WR Charlie Malone dropped a sure touchdown pass from Sammy Baugh, and they then missed a field goal. After the game a sportswriter asked Baugh if the game would have been different if Malone had caught the TD pass. Baugh replied “Sure. The score would have been 73 to 7.”

To this day the margin of victory remains the largest in the history of the NFL.

——

So here we are 84 years later, the same teams battling in our home stadium once again.

My prediction:

If Jayden Daniels starts - Commanders 74, Bears 3.

If Marcus Mariota starts - Commanders 74, Bears 3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

In other news, the Ravens are punishing the Bucs right now 34-10 in the 3rd.  

Now 41-18 with six minutes left.  We did a much better job on defense with containing these guys.  Not sure if it means anything but the Bucs are getting demolished.

Edited by Commander PK

Need to know if JD is playing.

I feel good though about our ability to score 20+ even if JD is held out. Not sure I trust our D yet. But all that said, home advantage and momentum - I take us to get the win.

Assuming it’s Mariotta starting. Commanders 24 - Bears 21.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Feel like will overwhelm them 

30-16  washington

and I do think there defense is extremely overrated .

50 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

In other news, the Ravens are punishing the Bucs right now 34-10 in the 3rd.  

Now 41-18 with six minutes left.  We did a much better job on defense with containing these guys.  Not sure if it means anything but the Bucs are getting demolished.

Gotta admit , I thought bucs would have won or put a closer fight . I was wrong about that, ravens defense looked a lot better today. 

Edited by Commander202

10 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Feel like will overwhelm them 

30-16  washington

and I do think there defense is extremely overrated .

Gotta admit , I thought bucs would have won or put a closer fight . I was wrong about that, ravens defense looked a lot better today. 

Godwin just went down with probably a season ending leg injury.   😔 They wouldn’t show the replay.  Never want to see that happen.  

The Bucs have made a late rally after getting an on-side kick but they were never really in this game 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

Godwin just went down with probably a season ending leg injury.   😔 They wouldn’t show the replay.  Never want to see that happen.  

The Bucs have made a late rally after getting an on-side kick but they were never really in this game 

So the Bucs lose Evan’s for likely weeks and Godwin for maybe the season. Things can change in a hurry in the NFL.

• Sad 1

I don't go to a lot of games, but I will be making the trip down from Albany, NY for this one. I've been to three games at the current stadium in 2006,'07 and '08 and we lost them all- Titans, Philly and Pittsburgh. So. it's been awhile since I've been to a home game- I did go to the GB/Washington game a few years ago in Lambeau and yes, we lost that one too. Am I a jinx or was it the old regime? Had to be the old regime.

Commanders- 27

Bears- 16

29 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

I don't go to a lot of games, but I will be making the trip down from Albany, NY for this one. I've been to three games at the current stadium in 2006,'07 and '08 and we lost them all- Titans, Philly and Pittsburgh. So. it's been awhile since I've been to a home game- I did go to the GB/Washington game a few years ago in Lambeau and yes, we lost that one too. Am I a jinx or was it the old regime? Had to be the old regime.

Commanders- 27

Bears- 16

Hmmmm....did I know there was another from Albany (well near Albany) on here?

Since Jayden can only throw to the right and short/behind the line of scrimmage, I think the Bears do what other teams haven't been able to figure out. Stick all of their guys to the right side of the field and we are just not able to get anything going on offense.

Bears - 24

Us - 0

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Haha 4