Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Rookie camp/OTA/Training camp thread.

26 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Oh I get that. But wearing the jersey didn't change fan's evaluation of other players.  We criticized players who play for us, why do some feel the need to overrate Robinson?   He just ain't that good, I'm not sure he is even average as I'm pretty sure if I took the time I could find 16 starting backs as well as some reserves who are clearly better. 

I happen to believe Eckler has something left, he can be another Sproles. 

Well, we're going to find out. Quinn loves to smash that football and it's the best way to protect a rookie QB and open up the deep shots Daniels excels at. Ekeler is old and Rod is a jag. 8 Train is gonna eat regardless. 

Robinson with above average PFF scores as a back.  Good back, not great.  I'll say though there are so many good backs in the league which is part of the reason why RBs don't get paid the big bucks.

Chris Rodriguez might be the better of the two.  I think we got three good backs, no one who is great-special. 

Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 12.45.09 PM.png

• Like 5

I'm willing to give most of the team a clean slate. Coaching was so bad during RR's tenure that it's really hard to get a true reading on the players. They had a high school coach on the staff for some reason. EB's offence was so predictable that the opposing team knew what we were running. I'm pumped to see what a better staff can do with these guys.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Robinson is solid. He's nothing special and doesn't have game breaking ability, but he can be a solid 15-20 carry guy.

Well he did have multiple huge gains on a couple short passes last season. Like 50 plus yards on each. He had game breaking ability on those atleast. Lol.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Oh I get that. But wearing the jersey didn't change fan's evaluation of other players.  We criticized players who play for us, why do some feel the need to overrate Robinson?   He just ain't that good, I'm not sure he is even average as I'm pretty sure if I took the time I could find 16 starting backs as well as some reserves who are clearly better. 

I happen to believe Eckler has something left, he can be another Sproles. 

I understand, I just think that, fair or not, wearing our jersey starts you out in the upper quintile until you screw up and fumble at the wrong time (Gibson) and then you are in the bottom quintile.

I don't know many players who are anything greater than a 2 and less than an 8.  Just what I've noticed/am projecting.

I seemed to have missed the posts calling for BR to be all-pro. I think he is good for this RB room.

I like Robinson's drive and catching ability.  He doesn't shy from contact and always seems to be moving forward.  Also, it was good to see an effective screen game again in Washington.  

:229:The Rook

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think Robinson is a good back but not special. However, I think part of the point of the modern NFL is that you don't really need a "special' RB nowadays. You need a couple of guys who are good and who can pick up yards (and who can also catch).

But the NFL is such a passing geared league that having a crazy elite level RB but with a mediocre QB usually means you do nothing, especially in the long term, considering the relatively short shelf life of most RBs.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think Robinson is a good back but not special. However, I think part of the point of the modern NFL is that you don't really need a "special' RB nowadays. You need a couple of guys who are good and who can pick up yards (and who can also catch).

But the NFL is such a passing geared league that having a crazy elite level RB but with a mediocre QB usually means you do nothing, especially in the long term, considering the relatively short shelf life of most RBs.

And why I really like Benson in Arizona.

11 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I will never understand the love for Robinson among our fans.  If you really look at the other backs around the league you can easily find that most of the starters, as well as some backups such as Gibbs in Detroit, are better.   Sorry to me he is a below average starting RB in this league.  

Haha wait a second- did you just classify jahmyr Gibbs as a backup? Detroit has the purest 2-back system in the sport thanks to that jerk OC whose name won’t be mentioned. Gibbs is a top tier rb. I don’t mean to pour it on, but that’s an awful take.

robinson is better than a jag, but the whole shooting thing made him a fan favorite. I respect the **** out of him and unless he shows regression, I’m happy to keep him.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Robinson is solid. He's nothing special and doesn't have game breaking ability, but he can be a solid 15-20 carry guy.

BRob fits my strategy is spending a mid round pick on a RB every other year. Yeah, you might find a game breaker every now and then but what you really want is a Brob who you can easily part ways with in year 4.  Next piece is to bring in the best competition that you can get for little or no draft capital for that position every year.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, CTskin said:

Haha wait a second- did you just classify jahmyr Gibbs as a backup? Detroit has the purest 2-back system in the sport thanks to that jerk OC whose name won’t be mentioned. Gibbs is a top tier rb. I don’t mean to pour it on, but that’s an awful take.

robinson is better than a jag, but the whole shooting thing made him a fan favorite. I respect the **** out of him and unless he shows regression, I’m happy to keep him.

Well that was unnecessary.  Only one back can start right?  And that was Montgomery. Word it any way you please, it won't change my point and that was both backs in Detroit are clearly better than Robinson.  Getting shot is kind of a silly reason to like a player more than his value, we should be looking for more than a middle of the pack RB with no explosion.  And taking  a screen pass 50 yards in open field is not a demonstration of an explosive running back.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

58 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Well that was unnecessary.  Only one back can start right?  And that was Montgomery. Word it any way you please, it won't change my point and that was both backs in Detroit are clearly better than Robinson.  Getting shot is kind of a silly reason to like a player more than his value, we should be looking for more than a middle of the pack RB with no explosion.  And taking  a screen pass 50 yards in open field is not a demonstration of an explosive running back.  

Your take on BRob is unnecessary. He was pretty good as a rookie and the entire team was bad last year. Robinson has proved that if fed the ball, he will produce. He's clearly more Curtis Martin, than Barry Sanders, but he's no Matt Jones. His best football is clearly ahead of him, as well. He's at worst league average, so why be down on him?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Robinson with above average PFF scores as a back.  Good back, not great.  I'll say though there are so many good backs in the league which is part of the reason why RBs don't get paid the big bucks.

Chris Rodriguez might be the better of the two.  I think we got three good backs, no one who is great-special. 

How many backs got a 75 that played at least 400-500 snaps?  That put him as the second best player in our offense in 2023, and in similar territory to more prestigious backs like Jahmyr Gibbs, Travis Etienne, Najee Harris, Tony Pollard, Isaiah Pacheco, and Jonathan Taylor.  He was better than Saquon and D'Andre Swift and Josh Jacobs were.

B Rob is a good power runner that is efficient in a time share, reliably healthy, doesn't fumble, is a good receiver out of the backfield, and excels running out of the shotgun.  He doesn't need anything special run for him to be productive, just super common shotgun spread gap concepts in a normal rotation.  And he's about to get some super soft boxes to rampage through, plus now has an OC with a history of running an offense where a very similar back became one of the best HBs in the NFL in the system.  They're going to give him the ball a bunch too, because we can't pass block and they're going to take as much off Jayden's plate as a thrower as they can.  Robinson is the best weapon in the offense now, and I could see him getting 600+ snaps and 1400 scrimmage yards.  He had 5.4 yards per touch last year, and that should get even better this season because of Biadasz and Jayden.  He's going to be super important for developing Jayden successfully.

I think Robinson is actually underrated by this fan base, and definitely so on this board.  He's one of the picks that Rivera got right.  Finding a good starting RB in the third round is not easy, a lot of teams spent first and second round capital for theirs, and many others simply lack good backs.  Rodriguez might be good too, but he only had 50 touches last season and was at 4.9 yards per touch.  If he were better than BRob, he probably would have siphoned more touches from him in 2023.  At any rate, he's not a proven bell cow and BRob is.  That's who I expect Kingsbury to lean on this year.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

How many backs got a 75 that played at least 400-500 snaps?  That put him as the second best player in our offense in 2023, and in similar territory to more prestigious backs like Jahmyr Gibbs, Travis Etienne, Najee Harris, Tony Pollard, Isaiah Pacheco, and Jonathan Taylor.  He was better than Saquon and D'Andre Swift and Josh Jacobs were.

B Rob is a good power runner that is efficient in a time share, reliably healthy, doesn't fumble, is a good receiver out of the backfield, and excels running out of the shotgun.  He doesn't need anything special run for him to be productive, just super common shotgun spread gap concepts in a normal rotation.  And he's about to get some super soft boxes to rampage through, plus now has an OC with a history of running an offense where a very similar back became one of the best HBs in the NFL in the system.  They're going to give him the ball a bunch too, because we can't pass block and they're going to take as much off Jayden's plate as a thrower as they can.  Robinson is the best weapon in the offense now, and I could see him getting 600+ snaps and 1400 scrimmage yards.  He had 5.4 yards per touch last year, and that should get even better this season because of Biadasz and Jayden.  He's going to be super important for developing Jayden successfully.

I think Robinson is actually underrated by this fan base, and definitely so on this board.  He's one of the picks that Rivera got right.  Finding a good starting RB in the third round is not easy, a lot of teams spent first and second round capital for theirs, and many others simply lack good backs.  Rodriguez might be good too, but he only had 50 touches last season and was at 4.9 yards per touch.  If he were better than BRob, he probably would have siphoned more touches from him in 2023.  At any rate, he's not a proven bell cow and BRob is.  That's who I expect Kingsbury to lean on this year.

Sure, I was saying he's a good back and posted his stats in response to someone here who said he was an average to below average back.  If I recall its the same guy who I argued about this defense. I was higher on the unit, and they didn't think the talent was good and debated with me whether Quan and Forrest are legit starters.  Maybe i am mixing up posters.  But if I got it right, to each their own but if so I gather they aren't high on this roster.

Robinson had over 1000 yards, passing-catching in a crap offense.  He was one of my favs in that draft around the range they took him.

I might be even a little higher on Rodriguez, he had one of the highest yards after contact last year, and beating Robinson on that front, also with underrated hands.

6 hours ago, Conn said:

Interesting potential target for our failed attempt to trade back up for an OT:

I bet It was. I heard they liked Mims. That would have been my guy, too.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Your take on BRob is unnecessary. He was pretty good as a rookie and the entire team was bad last year. Robinson has proved that if fed the ball, he will produce. He's clearly more Curtis Martin, than Barry Sanders, but he's no Matt Jones. His best football is clearly ahead of him, as well. He's at worst league average, so why be down on him?

I was not beating on him, I was simply questioning the love showered on him by so many of our fans.  

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

It’s just extremely misinformed to ever refer to jahmyr as a backup. Saying something like that makes it seem like u have no idea what you’re talking about.

that said, i don’t think I’ve ever seen ES agree more than on the fact that we had the worst OL and a terrible system last year. Maybe that could have a little to do with meh rb production? 

the comeback from the shooting was moving. Especially for this fanbase where gun violence hit hard.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sure, I was saying he's a good back and posted his stats in response to someone here who said he was an average to below average back.  If I recall its the same guy who I argued about this defense. I was higher on the unit, and they didn't think the talent was good and debated with me whether Quan and Forrest are legit starters.  Maybe i am mixing up posters.  But if I got it right, to each their own but if so I gather they aren't high on this roster.

Robinson had over 1000 yards, passing-catching in a crap offense.  He was one of my favs in that draft around the range they took him.

I might be even a little higher on Rodriguez, he had one of the highest yards after contact last year, and beating Robinson on that front, also with underrated hands.

I bet It was. I heard they liked Mims. That would have been my guy, too.  

Yes that was me.  And to be clear as I had posted I am actually higher on this roster than most here.  But if you are going to die on the hill that Quan, who is totally unproven, and Forrest who has played enough for us to have a read on him, are a good starting safety tandem well I have to respectfully disagree.  

6 minutes ago, CTskin said:

It’s just extremely misinformed to ever refer to jahmyr as a backup. Saying something like that makes it seem like u have no idea what you’re talking about.

that said, i don’t think I’ve ever seen ES agree more than on the fact that we had the worst OL and a terrible system last year. Maybe that could have a little to do with meh rb production? 

the comeback from the shooting was moving. Especially for this fanbase where gun violence hit hard.

As I said word it anyway you would like, by pointing out how good Gibbs is you are actually making my point for me and that is both are far better than Robinson.   

Edited by Darrell Green Fan