Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Haven't seen anyone complaining about Mariota today or calling for Driskel. That's pleasant. 

give it a week

it was already brought up in game day thread after his first snap

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, djpapeleta360 said:

The Lion and Viking are in the same division. You cant give both of them seed 1 and 2. Currently we are the number 2 seed. 

The real crazy thing is.. when was the last time we were in the number 2 seed spot at the almost half way point of the season? 99 we were in the 3rd seed spot, and 91 we were in the 1st seed spot. It's literally been 25+ years

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Had a surreal experience yesterday. Told a buddy about JD5's rib injury and his immediate response was "He should be fine for the playoffs, though."

Like, what? Are we there? Is that actually what people are assuming about our team?

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, JCB said:

Had a surreal experience yesterday. Told a buddy about JD5's rib injury and his immediate response was "He should be fine for the playoffs, though."

Like, what? Are we there? Is that actually what people are assuming about our team?

I said this exactly to a buddy of mine who is an Eagles fan today. And he stopped for a second and said..."Oh so yall going to the playoffs huh?" and I asked him if he thought I was wrong. And he couldn't argue with me. Didn't even try. 

• Like 1

Listening to Dan Quinn's press conference.  

Not a long term injury, week to week, hope he can play this week but will be ready if he can't.  He does have a rib injury.

Stated he "fell awkwardly" on the opening play.

He said it's important to get it right, and they will.  Wants to make sure because he is so unique that "he can be him" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Commander PK said:

Listening to Dan Quinn's press conference.  

Not a long term injury, week to week, hope he can play this week but will be ready if he can't.  He does have a rib injury.

Stated he "fell awkwardly" on the opening play.

He said it's important to get it right, and they will.  Wants to make sure because he is so unique that "he can be him" 

He's playing Sunday.  I'd be shocked if he werent. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

Let's be real, if this was previous ownership and regime, there would be such a push to have JD out there for #1 vs #2.  I think DQ, AP, and the staff will probably do what's best for the team.  Would it be great if JD is fully healthy, of course.  However, this group isn't going to risk the long term future of this franchise

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Sit him for the next two weeks minimum. Don't take any risks.

Tony Romo played with cracked ribs, this is a bruised rib. I get you are horrified ala RG3, but this isn't a knee. It's an injury that can be played with and doesn't include a more serious injury possibility. If the kid can go, he's gonna go

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Tony Romo played with cracked ribs, this is a bruised rib. I get you are horrified ala RG3, but this isn't a knee. It's an injury that can be played with and doesn't include a more serious injury possibility. If the kid can go, he's gonna go

Definitely I think if it’s pain management and the injury can’t worsen then he should play 

Edited by redskin301

2 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Romo was basically at the end of his career at that point and the Cowboys were in a win now window. We are not in any of those. We have the luxury of being 5-2 so a bit of breathing room and the Giants game next week is winnable even with a backup. At worst we're 1-1 and get a fresh and healthy Daniels for the REALLY tough games.

I don't want my franchise QB out there grimacing everytime he moves.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Romo was basically at the end of his career at that point and the Cowboys were in a win now window. We are not in any of those. We have the luxury of being 5-2 so a bit of breathing room and the Giants game next week is winnable even with a backup. At worst we're 1-1 and get a fresh and healthy Daniels for the REALLY tough games.

I don't want my franchise QB out there grimacing everytime he moves.

Honestly giants been playing decent football lately 

2 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

Definitely I think if it’s pain management and you the injury can’t worsen then he should play 

Even if the rib doesn't get worse, when you play hurt you compensate other parts of the body and make them more vulnerable.

He's gonna be favoring that rib. Which means he'll put extra stress on his shoulder or hip or etc. etc. etc. And that's how the domino affect starts.

Sit him.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1