Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Pretty sure everyone is waiting to see what happens when it's a live game. 

Some people are choosing to be positive, some are being negative.

When everything seems to be going well, enjoy it. 

How dare you forget about the neutral people?!?! 😡 🤪

• Haha 1

Listened to the Finley podcast earlier and he mentioned a question he asked DQ about the player performance last year. DQ said he’s only looking forward and hasn’t looked at much at the tape. Finlay took that as veiled attempt to not bash Rivera’s staff but everything was such a $hit$how from coaching to scheme last year that it’s difficult to hold the players accountable and I totally agree.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, mojo said:

Listened to the Finley podcast earlier and he mentioned a question he asked DQ about the player performance last year. DQ said he’s only looking forward and hasn’t looked at much at the tape. Finlay took that as veiled attempt to not bash Rivera’s staff but everything was such a $hit$how from coaching to scheme last year that it’s difficult to hold the players accountable and I totally agree.

Well we will find out this year with the holdovers. Was is it coaching or talent?   The players who don’t improve this year will not be on the roster next year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, frontline205 said:

lol nah cause when the games start he’s not going to be throwing into tight windows, and not going to be able to handle the blitz and is going to be taking off running into the blitz. This means nothing because we won’t see his negative traits until the pads come on. Enough with this hype 😂

I never said he wouldn't or couldn't do those things. I did see him do those things in college, just quite rarely. So the issue is I don't know whether that will continue in the NFL or not. For all I know it could have been part of the design of the LSU offensive system. That's why I want to see him in live game situations.

This really isn't rocket science and shouldn't be that hard for you to comprehend or follow.

And you still sound like a whiny baby.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm shocked that's the post of mine from today that you quoted.

I have been so busy with my work that sometimes I don't get a chance to keep up like before.

I hate you now. You made me wait until after midnight so I can quote you on the next day instead. 🤪

• Haha 1

Good read

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40336471/aint-star-quarterback-yet

ASHBURN, Va., -- Quarterback Jayden Daniels new Washington Commanders' teammates and coaches have shared, quite often, how impressed they are after his first offseason. The one person who isn't buying into the hype: Daniels himself.

"I ain't a star quarterback yet," he said, responding to a question about getting some perks of a franchise quarterback. "I got long way to go. I'm a rookie."

Washington selected Daniels second overall with the hope of his being part of a franchise revival. The Commanders have not had a winning season since 2016 and have made the postseason just six times since 1999, last winning a playoff game after the 2005 season. Daniels has already thrown out the first pitch at a Washington Nationals game, among other honors that go to the potential face of a franchise, especially one coming off a Heisman Trophy season at LSU.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When I was worried about Griffin comparisons (I was, I don’t think it was hard to be if you are honest with yourself) it was his mindset that worried me the most. 

Griffin would have never corrected someone calling him a ️ STAR ️ before he played a snap. He would have relished in it. It’s crazy how different these guys are. I don’t know them well enough obviously but I want to point at how their Dads treat them as a reason for it. 

I have to imagine his teammates really like Daniels approach to stuff like that much much better. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

When I was worried about Griffin comparisons (I was, I don’t think it was hard to be if you are honest with yourself) it was his mindset that worried me the most. 

Griffin would have never corrected someone calling him a ️ STAR ️ before he played a snap. He would have relished in it. It’s crazy how different these guys are. I don’t know them well enough obviously but I want to point at how their Dads treat them as a reason for it. 

I have to imagine his teammates really like Daniels approach to stuff like that much much better. 

His answers have been terrific. I was not expecting it. He’s winning me over. He’s doing and saying the right things and the vets seem to believe him unlike the corny RG3 platitudes marketed on socks. But it’s not even training camp yet and there has been zero adversity. If he keeps it up when the going gets tough that’s when we know it’s legit. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

This whole wait and see/temper expectations thing  is starting to become reminiscent of any time we've had a multi score lead in the 4th quarter over the last 25 years.

How times have we said (myself included) its not over until it's over even if we had a 20 point lead with 8 minutes to go.

It's simply a product of being fooled too many times and now we're all to varying degrees jaded and for very good reason.

As has been stated several times, this time it truly is different and we should all be getting on the hype train but some are being more patient than others to guard their hearts from being shattered for the zillionth time.

There's nothing wrong with being super hyped because there's finally reason to be and there's nothing wrong with being guarded and waiting for actual results before you open your heart to this team again. 

Good times are coming, we can all feel it, that is pretty universal. 

• Like 5

Are you feeling down and pooped out, ready to  give up and call it quits for the day, or maybe you're just having a case of the Thursday afternoon blues, well your troubles are over because I've got the cure.

Just try this video on for size.

It's guaranteed to bring a smile to your ugly frowning mug and put some extra pep in the step of all but the most skeptical, die hard, doubting Thomas, "wait and see'ers"  in Commanders land.

But for the rest of you reading this, say goodbye to the grind for a few minutes, and welcome yourself to the mystical land where all your wildest gridiron fantasies just might come true...

Aa

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, The Rook said:

I came away thinking he is centered and having fun.  He is where he wants to be and enjoying it.

Remember pre-draft when there were reports that Danielas didn't want to be here because of the Top Golf nonsense. It goes to show that you shouldn't pay too much attention to the pundits who just want to make headlines.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Why does Chris Simms always look like he’s on the verge of exploding?

Maybe we've just discovered what the spleen actually does!

Too soon?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Are you feeling down and pooped out, ready to  give up and call it quits for the day, or maybe you're just having a case of the Thursday afternoon blues, well your troubles are over because I've got the cure.

It's guaranteed to bring a smile to your ugly frowning mug and put some extra pep in the step of all but the most skeptical, die hard, doubting Thomas, "wait and see'ers"  in Commanders land.

But for the rest of you reading this, say goodbye to the grind for a few minutes, and welcome yourself to the mystical land where all your wildest gridiron fantasies just might come true...

Aa

image.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Aa

I mean...thanks for the video. Pretty cool.

But is it ever possible for you to just post something and say "Hey check this out" instead of feeling the need to attach some long winded pretentious prelude to it? It's not clever or interesting. 

• Thumb down 4

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

But is it ever possible for you to just post something and say "Hey check this out" instead of feeling the need to attach some long winded pretentious prelude to it? It's not clever or interesting. 

We can’t all be as positive, clever, and humble as you.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Jesus H dude, can you at least try to be a fan for at least 10 minutes?   Put that pessimism in a drawer until at least the season starts..... 

Edited by srtman04
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You forget to add "And Get Off My Lawn".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Jesus H dude, can you at least try to be a fan for at least 10 minutes?   Put that pessimism in a drawer until at least the season starts..... 

My fandom has nothing to do with asking for less self-masturbatory posts from someone when they're just providing some interesting videos.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I’d just point out that everyone has their posting style.  Would probably be a pretty boring place if that weren’t the case.  But I get it, different styles will rub some people the wrong way.

• Like 2