Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

57 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

interesting I recall Daniels said in an interview his dad is his biggest critic including telling him at times he sucks when he's off

He can’t be more different than RG3 in personality and upbringing. His mom did leave some questions but she was about as quiet as a mouse at LSU so maybe that’s done with. 

His dad told him he still sucked after he won the Heisman. Which is perfect lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

He can’t be more different than RG3 in personality and upbringing. His mom did leave some questions but she was about as quiet as a mouse at LSU so maybe that’s done with. 

His dad told him he still sucked after he won the Heisman. Which is perfect lol

Seems like the anti-RG3 and also the anti-Haskins (RIP). Jayden is very Gen Z and has some introversion / aloofness that makes it harder for outsiders/fans to gauge his leadership skills vs. someone like JJ McCarthy (or if you look in our division, a rah-rah Jalen Hurts-type) but he clearly got great feedback from the people around him.

If he can stay healthy, he could be a top 10 guy with his skillset. IF he can stay healthy.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I keep trying to get excited but it’s not happening. Help. Maybe I need to see a doctor.

Maybe you just need to see the wins start piling up first...

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Seems like the anti-RG3 and also the anti-Haskins (RIP). Jayden is very Gen Z and has some introversion / aloofness that makes it harder for outsiders/fans to gauge his leadership skills vs. someone like JJ McCarthy (or if you look in our division, a rah-rah Jalen Hurts-type) but he clearly got great feedback from the people around him.

If he can stay healthy, he could be a top 10 guy with his skillset. IF he can stay healthy.

I think the mom stuff was overblown. All she really did was buy tickets/help arrange travel plans for Jayden's teammates. Its not like she's some hysterical psycho helicopter mom or master criminal conspiracist. She probably didn't even have a clue she was violating NCAA rules and was just trying to help Jayden's teammates. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CobraCommander said:

I keep trying to get excited but it’s not happening. Help. Maybe I need to see a doctor.

No you don’t need a doctor.  We have been here before.  All we can do is wait and see.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I think the mom stuff was overblown. All she really did was buy tickets/help arrange travel plans for Jayden's teammates. Its not like she's some hysterical psycho helicopter mom or master criminal conspiracist. She probably didn't even have a clue she was violating NCAA rules and was just trying to help Jayden's teammates. 

I agree that the mom stuff suggested she was a "team player", even if she did know it was violating NCAA rules (which, let's be honest, she probably did).

1 hour ago, CobraCommander said:

Read up on Kingsbury's offense and think about 2012...you'll start feeling movement. 

9 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I think they make pills for that

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

Until the now comes (Daniels actually playing) all we have is the past to hold onto.  I’m here just holding onto Hope lol 😝 

My true meaning is less superficial than that. 

Applies to much more important things than football.

But I understand your point all the same. 🙂

• Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Maybe that's why we went after Mariota... lol

If he still got the jersey he should get him to sign it.

Got the makings of a real tight knit QB room.

Well our orignal plan was Darnold so....

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Well our orignal plan was Darnold so....

Or Darnold's camp threw that out there to link their client to the org w/ the most free agency fun bucks available.

Our interest in Darnold was announced b4 he signed anywhere but we were not privy to a lot of this front office's targets, they were virtually airtight. I find it weird that it would leak that we were in on Darnold.

At least that's what I choose to believe when it comes to this org. I don't wanna see my Front Office go after Sam Darnold.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned it earlier but JD is aloof and difficult to get a read on but I take it as an encouraging sign that the most animated I've seen him so far is on the field after the Florida game with his former teammate/friend Ricky Pearsall.

Small moment in this clip but I thought it was cool to see a side of him that I hadn't yet. It's going to be great once he gets on this level with the people in our building:

• Like 1