Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

Am I crazy for being a fan of grabbing the Ivy League tackle if he’s still there at 100, despite the previous pick? 

I honestly wouldn’t mind trying out two potential tackles hoping at least one hits, and maybe we get lucky and both contribute 

edit

wow, just saw the olinemen we just drafted allowed 3 sacks over 3 years. Damn

Edited by ZRagone
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

You need a freak athlete to stay ahead of JD 20 yards downfield lol.

Beef is Beef

Just glad we grabbed some meat

Kingsbury's system needs athletic lineman to function. So I get it. 

1 minute ago, ZRagone said:

Am I crazy for being a fan of grabbing the Ivy League tackle if he’s still there at 100, despite the previous pick? 

I honestly wouldn’t mind trying out two potential tackles hoping at least one hits, and maybe we get lucky and both contribute 

We need 2 tackles disparately, and I don't think Coleman plays T in the NFL. So, no.

1 minute ago, ZRagone said:

Getting two OL contributors, an athletic blocking TE and two highly graded defensive players on day 2 would be fantastic. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Getting two OL contributors, an athletic blocking TE and two highly graded defensive players on day 2 would be fantastic. 

Wouldn’t be opposed to trading up a bit from pick 100 to make that happen

13 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Great. We already went hard at G in FA.

He may be able to play tackle, but him playing multiple positions help with depth in case someone goes down.

At this point I don't believe our starting LT is on the roster yet...curious who's still out there at T or maybe after June 6th cuts.

But interior will be a strength and of JD can move like we think he can, weakness at tackle won't be end of the world until we can address it more next offseason.

Pressure up the middle sucks more, it can stop everything before it even starts, no matter who the QB is.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

We need 2 tackles disparately, and I don't think Coleman plays T in the NFL. So, no.

Got to hope some serviceable vets become available after the draft. I’m sure they were aware of the line needs, but the draft is unpredictable. The guys they valued likely just didn’t drop to them where they’d hoped.

16 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Says Coleman played 11 games and gave up 0 sacks.

But I don't know if that was 11 games this past college football season or over his whole college career. 

don't know if that was 11 games this past college football season or over his whole college career. 

One would be a good thing and the other would be scary bad, me thinks. 🤔 

--shivers & shakes--

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

don't know if that was 11 games this past college football season or over his whole college career. 

One would a good thing and the other would be scary bad, me thinks. 🤔 

--shivers & shakes--

11 this past year. 7 LT and 4 LG. 15 the year prior all at LT.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, ZRagone said:

edit

wow, just saw the olinemen we just drafted allowed 3 sacks over 3 years. Damn

At this point I'm so desperate I wouldn't be mad if every single one of our remaining picks are offensive tackles.

Maybe that way you find one or two real diamonds in the rough because the pickings are getting slim...

--shivers & shakes--

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

Got to hope some serviceable vets become available after the draft. I’m sure they were aware of the line needs, but the draft is unpredictable. The guys they valued likely just didn’t drop to them where they’d hoped.

Which is why you try and do something before the draft. Relying on June 1st cuts is just dumb.