Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

I like Newton pick it show the change in philosophy. Instead of taking someone for need we got the arguably the best dline man in the draft. This is how you elevate the the talent on the roster. Which right now is not to good.

Edited by Ghedrick
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

The idea that Cooper DeJean will lock down Terry McLaurin, who was burning pro bowl CBs left and right as a rookie, and you say like it's already happened no less, is absolutely asinine 

Dude, I KNOW he can't hang with Terry man on man.  Yes, to think otherwise is asinine.  No question.  But I said "HELPING to shut down".   We have  one stud WR and a huge question mark in JD.   Ever hear of double teaming?   And it makes it a lot easier for Philly now that they have two great CB prospects.  We helped their cause a lot.  I don't like that.  

Edited by Redwards

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

GC what are your thoughts about Newton?

BPA candidate and solid first round talent.  The guys I had over him were Suamataia, Beebe, Corum, and DeJean, but he was the next one after that, and there was no chance anyone would ever pick Beebe or Corum over him.  I had him at 25th overall, so the value is +11 for where we got him.  I had him in the same tier as Byron Murphy, and that Newton had a reasonable case for being IDL1.

I think it's a good pick, and that IDL was being slept on as a big need.  We have rotation depth at Edge, but zero quality rotation players behind Daron and Allen.  Their snaps have been way too high throughout their careers, and it was going to become a major problem as they enter their late 20s.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Yes.  It's underrated how important it is to have guys you can rotate to keep people fresh.  When we need that sack in the 4th quarter to stop an opponent from scoring a go ahead TD, having a fresher Allen or Payne can make a HUGE difference.

Who is to say they need a breather? Some of these guys are world class athletes. Regardless, his guy on the OL is not subbing out gassed and useless.