Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I had nothing against the Vikings previously but man I don’t like this kid. 

Ugh, yeah I know what you mean.  I wanted Maye, not Daniels.  But I would much rather have Daniels than McCarthy.  Set aside that McCarthy's film was utterly unimpressive and devoid of big time throws, something about the kid rubbed me the wrong way.  He felt really inauthentic.  A complete kiss-ass who is really performative because he knows what the grown ups want to hear.  For me it was the story about how he told the other Michigan recruits that they could go elsewhere if they wanted to chase girls and party.  Had a very "while you were out partying, I studied the blade" uber dork energy.

He's a gamer and he fell ass-backward into another elite situation where he'll get to ride his training wheels bike to wins.  But if he had ended up here, there is no way he would have panned out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Where did the trade for Aiyuk chatter come from? I see it on every other page. Is this just a scenario we created on ES?

Why would we trade for him? Let Peters find some new guys. Our guys. Build a young core. That trade feels like the definition of a short cut. 

1) Aiyuk has requested a trade, 49ers need to clear cap, and it’s been reported they’ve explored moving him and/or Deebo

2) Peters helped draft Aiyuk

3) Aiyuk and Jayden are best friends and apparently talk multiple times a day. They have chemistry from playing together at ASU and he can be a great calming veteran presence for Daniels in the locker room

4) We need a top-end receiver to complement Terry with Jahan inside. Just lost Samuel

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Where did the trade for Aiyuk chatter come from? I see it on every other page. Is this just a scenario we created on ES?

Why would we trade for him? Let Peters find some new guys. Our guys. Build a young core. That trade feels like the definition of a short cut. 

He publicly requested a trade a day or two before the draft.  SF said they won't trade him.  But Aiyuk tossed the grenade.  It's a pay me or trade me situation with him now, and they might not have the money to keep him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

1) Aiyuk has requested a trade, 49ers need to clear cap, and it’s been reported they’ve explored moving him and/or Deebo

2) Peters helped draft Aiyuk

3) Aiyuk and Jayden are best friends and apparently talk multiple times a day. They have chemistry from playing together at ASU and he can be a great calming veteran presence for Daniels in the locker room

4) We need a top-end receiver to complement Terry with Jahan inside. Just lost Samuel

2 nd or 3rd next year get it down?

Edited by WEARE1554
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

He felt really inauthentic.  A complete kiss-ass who is really performative because he knows what the grown ups want to hear.  For me it was the story about how he told the other Michigan recruits that they could go elsewhere if they wanted to chase girls and party.  Had a very "while you were out partying, I studied the blade" uber dork energy.

This is the anecdote I was trying to remember and you explained my thoughts on it perfectly. The dude is a teacher’s pet and while he may end up a good NFL QB, his personality is some insufferable mixture of Russ and Kirk lol (ironically). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Had a very "while you were out partying, I studied the blade" uber dork energy.

This is the kind of peak content that keeps me coming back to this forum and wading through “but he’s a winner!” **** posts.

God bless you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, WEARE1554 said:

2 second or 3rd next year get it down?

Just because Niners want a 1st for Aiyuk does not mean they get anything close to that. Keenan Allen (who is much more accomplished) was traded for a 4th rd pick. I wouldn't give anything more than a 3rd for Aiyuk but dont see it happening since we are already paying Terry 20mil/year and this is a deep WR draft. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This type of talk only flies if you can back it up on the field. If not, it will sink you.

22 minutes ago, WEARE1554 said:

2 nd or 3rd next year get it down?

At most a single 3rd, or I'm out ... can't give up prime draft capital + huge contract at our stage of a rebuild, makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

Yeah it could make sense to do that.  But might not have to if the Bills draft a WR.  Next pick is probably either Suamataia or McConkey, and then it's just one slot to go before our pick.

A lot of people seem to think the Bills are gonna go with Mitchell. 

Ok.  2nd round.  Pick 36 & 40.  

Who is everyone wanting at 36?  Im hoping it's AD Mitchell or Cooper Dejean. 

Some other options:

Kool-Aid

Edgerrin Cooper

Kingsley Sumatra

Ennis Rakestraw

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Ok.  2nd round.  Pick 36 & 40.  

Who is everyone wanting at 36?  Im hoping it's AD Mitchell or Cooper Dejean. 

Some other options:

Kool-Aid

Edgerrin Cooper

Kingsley Sumatra

Ennis Rakestraw

Cooper DeJean and then Ladd McConkey please and thank you

• Like 1

I’d be especially tempted to trade for Aiyuk if we could pull off a pick swap instead, like 40 for either 63 or 94.  Equivalent of a ~3rd, but we don’t lose a pick.

Whether SF is willing to trade him, whether Peters thinks he’s a fit (culture-wise), and whether it’s worth going after a guy that’s demanding a trade is a different story.

38 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

This type of talk only flies if you can back it up on the field. If not, it will sink you.

one thing though.  JJ is a Michigan QB. Kirk was a Michigan State QB

• Thanks 1

I know Johnny Newton is listed as BPA in the early second and was seen as a first rounder. He looks like he makes a lot of plays and he’s quick and energetic, uses hands well, and plays with a lot of hustle. But is anyone concerned about his body/measurables?

His spider chart is pretty poor.  I can’t find athletic testing either. Is he an everydown DT or is he going to be in sub packages as a pass rusher?

IMG_0866.thumb.png.d2760570255fa15ddbe0bb780f15092a.png

Edited by seantaylor=god

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You guys can continue to clutch your pearls over this if you like, but McCarthy never said this. This is from a Twitter account that posts a bunch of funny "jokes" like this. 

It's the same guy who "quoted" Keenen Allen as saying he was most excited to play with Justin Fields when he got dealt to Chicago.

He also had a "news story" a little bit ago that Drake Maye was telling even NFL team that he would only play for the Vikings.