Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

That leaves Paul and BYU OT for tommrow

Amegadgie, too.  I like that he's not ultra-tall while still having really long arms, so he's got the advantage of a low center-of-gravity without giving up reach.

I’m sure we tried to move up.  Several people have reported it.  But it didn’t materialize.  I guess 2 ways of looking at that:

1. they didn’t do enough to get the players they wanted

2. they stuck to their guns and didn’t overspend the value chart.

• Like 1

Btw guys who wish we were trading up (even though I’m glad we haven’t succeeded), it’s being reported that we have tried. Prices must be too high. Just sit and collect talent tomorrow, we’ll be fine. It’s what good franchises do.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m sure we tried to move up.  Several people have reported it.  But it didn’t materialize.  I guess 2 ways of looking at that:

1. they didn’t do enough to get the players they wanted

2. they stuck to their guns and didn’t overspend the value chart.

Im glad we didn’t overlay. I think Buffalo at 28 was the ideal partner but it cost too much to move up from 36.

1 minute ago, Conn said:

People said this about Skyy Moore. Then Toney. I don’t really trust it, he needs to learn a ton to be trusted in that offense. He’ll get crushed at the line by aggressive DB’s and can’t track the ball that well. He’ll certainly break free for some deep balls bc he plays with Mahomes, but it’s not like he’s Tyreek or even Desean. 

We’ll see.  The key is if he can catch.  I think Reid gets guys in space as well as anybody.  He’ll get him in space and then he’s got to catch the ball.  If he can, he’ll be very good.  If he can’t…. Well… that’s been the problem.

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Am good with Guyton being gone.

i like Paul.  Kingsley is a freak with inconsistent tape like Guyton but at 36 am good with it.

I think NE takes Kingsley at 35 unfortunately.  

• Thumb up 1

My guess is the 6 QBs early and a ton of Lineman pushed good players down farther than expected, leading more teams to be hesitant to trade out because higher players on their boards became available. 

We wanted to trade up, but Im glad we didn't overpay. This is a process, use all these picks we have to build properly. 

• Like 2