Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, Scotty doesn't know said:

How do you know this? He never got an opportunity to play

Because he's not that guy. He was a mid round pick by a subpar regime. He ended up signing a vet minimum-ish 1 year deal. Lets not make him out like he was Ray Lewis and the staff conspired to not play him.

Don't get worked up over a relative scrub leaving.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

How did the Drake May/Jayden Daniels thread take over the FA thread? There’s a dedicated place for this conversation. 

Until we have one,  it's seems most threads go the way of the qb debate.   I don't even go to the qb thread and know the battle underway. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Thing is why would we have to actually do that? Only thing I can think of is Chicago has some second thoughts on Daniels over Caleb? Otherwise it really doesnt matter. We have our choice of what is left. 

For one, if we can convince NE that we're taking Daniels and they really want Daniels then maybe they offer us a nice deal to move up just one spot to take Daniels.....while in reality we really want Maye or McCarthy. Try and leverage as much out of the 2 spot as we can.....I could really see us doing this if we want McCarthy and we know that NE wants Daniels or Maye. 

• Thumb down 2

20 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

For one, if we can convince NE that we're taking Daniels and they really want Daniels then maybe they offer us a nice deal to move up just one spot to take Daniels.....while in reality we really want Maye or McCarthy. Try and leverage as much out of the 2 spot as we can.....I could really see us doing this if we want McCarthy and we know that NE wants Daniels or Maye. 

Seems extremely unlikely.

17 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

drake-maye-north-carolina-quarterback.jpg

Nope….too young. I have it from a credible source that he is behind Daniel’s on the draft board. 

The team was eating Zagnuts when thinking about it and I know this guy that works in packaging from Zagnuts. He said his gut spoke to him after lunch. 

• Like 1

Panthers signing DT Derrick Brown to four-year, $96 million contract extension that includes $63 million guaranteed. (via@RapSheet+@TomPelissero)

….anyone else think Jon Allen will want a contract re-do…..

regarding the draft talk, us trying to lay a smokescreen doesn't make much sense, though I admit with the way everyone is talking there is a chance we could trade back to like five and draft him.

the way it seems to be breaking down is we like Maye or Daniels. New England likes Maye, the Cards and Chargers aren't interested in a QB but both like MHJ.  So we could conceivably get offers from the Chargers so they could jump the Cards. And the Cards would want to prevent that.  Now if people were only into Maye and Daniels that would be a massive risk, because if we trade to five the Cards could trade down since their guy was gone and we lose both Qbs.  But at this point it seems like JJ is the guy who people might jump to pick four for

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Panthers signing DT Derrick Brown to four-year, $96 million contract extension that includes $63 million guaranteed. (via@RapSheet+@TomPelissero)

….anyone else think Jon Allen will want a contract re-do…..

Wouldn't shock me if we gave him an extension next off season. Pointless to do one now since he's coming off his worst season. He's gonna wanna build that value back up. An extension next season to clear some cap room(not that we need it)and certify him as a Commander for life.

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Wouldn't shock me if we gave him an extension next off season. Pointless to do one now since he's coming off his worst season. He's gonna wanna build that value back up. An extension next season to clear some cap room(not that we need it)and certify him as a Commander for life.

We dont need to "certify him as a Commander for life"......

We can match his production at half his price tag....

• Like 1

Are there any decent left tackle FAs still available, besides Mehki Becton (underperforming so far), Donovan Smith (who seems eager to go to the Jets) and David Bakhtiari (aging, injury history)?  

Garrett Bolles might have been a possibility, but still under a $16+ million contract in 2024, and would need Denver to agree to some kind of trade.  I'm having difficulties finding other candidates for Washington to build depth at Tackle, especially Left Tackle. And I can't help but think that Washington really needs to address their issues at both tackle positions -- neither of the current starters seem to be a long-term solution, heck, maybe even a season-long solution.

I ask about FAs, because a lot of the  quality Tackles who might be available to Washington in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft, tend to be Right Tackles, or Tackles who'd likely become Guards in the NFL.

Or do you think the plan is to wait to see which Left Tackles become possibly available after the draft... and/or hit the waiver wire at the end of the preseason?

Edited by Wyvern

17 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Are there any decent left tackle FAs still available, besides Mehki Becton (underperforming so far), Donovan Smith (who seems eager to go to the Jets) and David Bakhtiari (aging, injury history)?  

Garrett Holmes might have been a possibility, but still under a $16+ million contract in 2024, and would need Denver to agree to some kind of trade.  I'm having difficulties finding other candidates for Washington to build depth at Tackle, especially Left Tackle. And I can't help but think that Washington really needs to address their issues at both tackle positions -- neither of the current starters seem to be a long-term solution, heck, maybe even a season-long solution.

I ask about FAs, because a lot of the  quality Tackles who might be available to Washington in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft, tend to be Right Tackles, or Tackles who'd likely become Guards in the NFL.

Or do you think the plan is to wait to see which Left Tackles become possibly available after the draft... and/or hit the waiver wire at the end of the preseason?

Garrett Bolles? A no brainer to trade for and extend him if the draft comp is a 3rd or lower.

Vet tackle market is frozen until after draft

Sorry, I typed Bolles, autocorrect liked Holmes better.  😑  I have to watch autocorrect like a hawk. Thanks, I went back and fixed it..

Edited by Wyvern

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Are there reports of the Broncos shopping Bolles? 

There were a month or two ago that they were considering cutting him to get under the cap. They cut Simmons instead to make it happen. Makes me think where there is smoke, there is fire though. It’s a tell to me that they haven’t extended Bolles yet.

To me, he is a younger more athletic Leno but there is a lot of value in that, especially pairing that with a rookie QB. 

Edited by method man
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Conn said:

Latest talk where?

SI.com is apparently where it started and some people have picked it up

I don't feel like we need more safeties but I've also seen us in the draft mix for one

• Thumb up 1

The boys (old and new) are back in town and telling their tales…

And I’ll even add a couple of “in case you missed it vids” for your Sunday morning routine of coffee, bacon, huevos, avocado, all spiced up with a liberal dousing of  Habenero tabasco sauce, and washed down with a tall can of the classy elixer of the gods— Colt .45 on the rocks!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 2