Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

• CapsSkins changed the title to Official 2024 FA/Trades: TE Ertz, DE Armstrong, C Biadasz, LB Luvu, RB Ekeler, K McManus, LG Allegretti, DE Ferrell, QB Mariota, DE Fowler Jr, LS Ott, S Chinn, LB Wagner, ST/LB Pittman, ST/CB Igbinoghene, CB Davis, CB Pierre, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas
3 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

It's thrilling to finally have a player represented by a YMAPAA Sports agent, who brings expertise to YMAPAA Football. YMAPAA agents are excellent. When a YMAPAA agent is signed by a player, that player is guaranteed to be bring and negotiate with the best. YMAPAA doesn't give the YMAPAA stamp of approval without knowing they meet the YMAPAA standards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 18
  • Confused 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Signings are done, no more  signings

Also since when do these  types of things  talk about the agents

I'll guess it's a new way to sell information for advertising. Contact a reporter, say you've got a player getting signed, but you'll only tell the reporter if he promises to include the agency's ad blurb at the end of the tweet.

24 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

It's thrilling to finally have a player represented by a YMAPAA Sports agent, who brings expertise to YMAPAA Football. YMAPAA agents are excellent. When a YMAPAA agent is signed by a player, that player is guaranteed to be bring and negotiate with the best. YMAPAA doesn't give the YMAPAA stamp of approval without knowing they meet the YMAPAA standards.

My vote for post of the year 🤣

18 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

We are at that stage of free agency where things are more boring than my love life. In other words, its about as riveting as watching grass grow.

Did you tell the grass that you had those feelings? That's always the first and scariest step.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

27 year old Steeler product who was a UDFA in 2020 and has since played in essentially every game over the past four seasons, with six total starts in that span.

Tbh, I'm not sure how "Games Started" is calculated for a CB. Is it % of defensive snaps played? Or whether you're literally on the field for the first defensive play of the game?

Seems like a CB4 slot guy. Can also contribute on ST.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Stocking up on depth corners. I hope we intend to draft one on day 2 as well.

He was also their best Special Teams Gunner per the Steeler Report.  Definitely seems to be a focus on Special teams prowess on a few of our signings.  I like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

CB depth is good. That was one of our biggest holes going into FA. 

Quan Martin is a CB (EDIT) for all intensive purposes as he's listed as a NB on the depth chart. So it was really just St. Juste, Forbes and Martin ... everyone else under contract was unlikely to sniff the 53-man roster. Now we've got a few more bodies and assuming we draft 1 CB in the middle rounds, we should at least be able to field a respectable corps. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable of players around the NFL, but I have to wholeheartedly confess I’ve never heard of this guy and know nothing about him, … as far as I know he’s related to Juan Pierre a very good lead off hitter for the Marlins for years…. And trust me I won’t Google him either….I hope this is a good move but again I have no idea 

Edited by Command The 414

17 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable of players around the NFL, but I have to wholeheartedly confess I’ve never heard of this guy and know nothing about him, … as far as I know he’s related to Juan Pierre a very good lead off hitter for the Marlins for years…. And trust me I won’t Google him either….I hope this is a good move but again I have no idea 

I don't know about Juan Pierre, but he is cousins with Lamar Jackson. I think the clearest takeaway from all this is that there's nothing to take away from all this, except his agent's company makes the earth tremble beneath a GM's feet when its reps walk through the door.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Command The 414 said:

Sooooo he's not related to Pierre Garcon?

Edited by HoggLife

Washington Commanders: B+

They had roughly $100 million in cap space, more than any other team, when the negotiating window opened. By collective bargaining rules, they had to spend a good amount of that … and rookie GM Adam Peters seemed to do that rather creatively, yet without overleveraging the Commanders before their rebuild is truly down the tracks.

After poaching new HC Dan Quinn from the Cowboys, Peters took direct aim at the NFC East champs’ roster, plucking Armstrong (3 years, $33 million), Biadasz (3 years, $29.3 million), Fowler and Igbinoghene to blow a few holes into Dallas’ depth chart. Peters added other known commodities without paying premium prices for the likes of Wagner (also a Quinn veteran from Seattle), RB Austin Ekeler, TE Zach Ertz, G Nick Allegretti, Mariota, WR Jamison Crowder, S Jeremy Chinn and Ferrell.

Yet the biggest heist might be stealing Luvu (3 years, $31 million).

For an organization in the midst of a holistic reboot, what seems like a tempered roster reset is likely appropriate until more foundational components – namely QB1 following the departures of Howell and Brissett – are determined.

Follow USA TODAY Sports' Nate Davis on X, formerly Twitter @ByNateDavis.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Mark Sanchez or Josh Johnson....

Don't remember which one :P

No not that guy.  Though wasn’t that the season before Terry was drafted?

11 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Didn't Garrett Gilbert start a game?

Thats him! 

9 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Right!

That was the last game of the year.

No it wasn’t.  It was the Dallas game in November/December when all the QBs had COVID and couldn’t play.  Heinicke returned the next week.  

Which didn’t matter because he’s an abomination also.  But less of one than Gilbert.