Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

I was sweating it out but we made it work 😂

As time goes on, if it helps, you could edit the title to say "see op for list of additions to date" and then just keep updating the op. 

37 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Never mind all that I imagining some posters on here trying to spell his name. He’s called Iggy from here on! 

I thought I had the ES copyright on "iggy" as I use it as one of my favorite slurs. But I resign any proprietary claims for our new player.

😁👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

As time goes on, if it helps, you could edit the title to say "see op for list of additions to date" and then just keep updating the op. 

😁👍

I have grand designs for a table or something to put in the OP when the time comes. Grand designs, I tell you… you’ll see, you’ll all see!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I thought I had the ES copyright on "iggy" as I use it as one of my favorite slurs. But I resign any proprietary claims for our new player.

😁👍

"I thought I had the ES copyright on "iggy" as I use it as one of my favorite slurs."

Be patient.

I have a feeling you'll be around here much longer than good old Iggy'll be on the team. 

"I resign any proprietary claims for our new player."

Don't  be too hasty.

When he departs legal precedent dictates that naming rights revert to the original "squatter". lol

• Haha 1

Stefon Diggs - been mentioned a couple of times. Key date looming on his contract.

There is a March 18 deadline

When Diggs signed his contract extension in 2022, only his 2022 and 2023 salaries and bonus were fully guaranteed. All of his 2024 money is currently unguaranteed, so the Bills have until March 18 to determine their course of action with Diggs. Once that date hits, Diggs’ $18.5 million salary for 2024 fully guarantees. 

If they trade him after March 18, the new team would inherit the guaranteed money or negotiate a new contract before the season starts. They won’t release him (short of an Antonio Brown situation), since they’d be on the hook for the contract money whether he was on the team or not.

Note - trade adds about an extra 3M to his 2024 cap number. Would increase from 28m to 31m.

• Thanks 1

I was just watching take command with Hoffman and Paulson and Logan called Bobby wagner a borderline hall of famer.

Um yeah, he's not borderline, he's as close to a sure fire first ballot hall of famer pretty much as you can get except maybe the elite quarterbacks of the world like brady and rogers.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Stefon Diggs - been mentioned a couple of times. Key date looming on his contract.

There is a March 18 deadline

When Diggs signed his contract extension in 2022, only his 2022 and 2023 salaries and bonus were fully guaranteed. All of his 2024 money is currently unguaranteed, so the Bills have until March 18 to determine their course of action with Diggs. Once that date hits, Diggs’ $18.5 million salary for 2024 fully guarantees. 

If they trade him after March 18, the new team would inherit the guaranteed money or negotiate a new contract before the season starts. They won’t release him (short of an Antonio Brown situation), since they’d be on the hook for the contract money whether he was on the team or not.

Note - trade adds about an extra 3M to his 2024 cap number. Would increase from 28m to 31m.

so really all they can do is renegotiate or June 1st him

No WR trades or signings. Easy to get what we need and a good one with one of our seconds

i think Gilmore would be a perfect last signings heading into the draft.

then I can see the draft going (after the round 1 QB)

2nd round: WR and a CB/S

3rd round: OL, OL, and TE 

23 minutes ago, MrJL said:

so really all they can do is renegotiate or June 1st him

I wonder if Dallas are sniffing about and have remained non existent in FA so far waiting to pounce.

1 minute ago, Skins199021 said:

Think we need an OT before that.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 3

5 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

No WR trades or signings. Easy to get what we need and a good one with one of our seconds

i think Gilmore would be a perfect last signings heading into the draft.

More like:

Rd 1 - QB

Rd 2 - OL, OL

Rd 3 - at least one OL

We've ignored Oline for too long, and with a rookie QB, one of the classic blunders is getting him killed with a crap Oline.

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

image.png.e06ab73261673dd017d0cfce83a19e35.png

Here is the way I would approach it in my fan fever dream....but after the first two picks, I would be fine with all picks being BPA.

(Please, no Maye vs. Daniels debates...I simply think they will take Maye because he's much stouter physically (while still being mobile), has a better arm, can use the middle of the field and is younger. He's also familiar with the terminology of the offence.)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I watched the Red Zone mostly so I got to see a lot of Fields over the past few years. I saw a very inconsistent QB.  The market has spoken and Justin Fields was worth a 6th round conditional and now he has to compete for a starting job.  The league has voiced their opinion on one Justin Fields.  

I really do not give a hoot what "the league" says or does. They have gotten it wrong before. Fields is simply not bad as he is being made out to be.  

It was absurd to believe that Fields would produce on a high level based upon what he had around him. His receiving corp. alone was suspect.   Byron Pringle? N'Keal Harry? Velus Jones? Really? Come on now.

And on top of that they had two head coaching changes I believe and a GM change, all in the span of 3 years. That is a **** show.

When a team has issues, rather than looking at all the parts and assessing them individually, typically the new HC and GM just want their own QB. 

Finally, last year when they got him DJ Moore and he was healthy there was improvement in Fields game. Why was DJ Moore politicking for him? Because he knows the talent is there.  In this FA alone they acquired Keenan Allen, Cole Kmet and running back D'Andre Swift and TE Gerald Everett and decided to send him packing.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

57 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

I really do not give a hoot what "the league" says or does. They have gotten it wrong before. Fields is simply not bad as he is being made out to be.  

It was absurd to believe that Fields would produce on a high level based upon what he had around him. His receiving corp. alone was suspect.   Byron Pringle? N'Keal Harry? Velus Jones? Really? Come on now.

And on top of that they had two head coaching changes I believe and a GM change, all in the span of 3 years. That is a **** show.

When a team has issues, rather than looking at all the parts and assessing them individually, typically the new HC and GM just want their own QB. 

Finally, last year when they got him DJ Moore and he was healthy there was improvement in Fields game. Why was DJ Moore politicking for him? Because he knows the talent is there.  In this FA alone they acquired Keenan Allen, Cole Kmet and running back D'Andre Swift and TE Gerald Everett and decided to send him packing.   

If you would like to continue to make excuses for Justin Fields be my guest. I'm just stating that the people who know more than you and I do about this have voiced their opinion and they do not agree with you.  His lack of weapons do not explain all the errant throws he continues to make. While I agree he is not as bad as people make him out to be he is just too inconsistent to ever be counted on.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

If you would like to continue to make excuses for Justin Fields be my guest. I'm just stating that the people who know more than you and I do about this have voiced their opinion and they do not agree with you.  His lack of weapons do not explain all the errant throws he continues to make. While I agree he is not as bad as people make him out to be he is just too inconsistent to ever be counted on.  

His teammates love him and know him better than we do. Some of them are pretty pissed the Bears dumped him for peanuts. Inconsistent is what most young QB's are, and if they are inconsistent they're ahead of the curve compared to all the busts who never have any success.

Fields torched us pretty good, just imagine if things ever do click for him which is very possible (see Geno Smith, Rich Gannon, Baker Mayfield, etc....). 

His contract situation requires a commitment that's too expensive right now for sure, I like how the Steelers came in and decided to get a basically free year of coaching him. The Eagles also wanted him from what I've read.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

His teammates love him and know him better than we do. Some of them are pretty pissed the Bears dumped him for peanuts. Inconsistent is what most young QB's are, and if they are inconsistent they're ahead of the curve compared to all the busts who never have any success.

Fields torched us pretty good, just imagine if things ever do click for him which is very possible (see Geno Smith, Rich Gannon, Baker Mayfield, etc....). 

His contract situation requires a commitment that's too expensive right now for sure, I like how the Steelers came in and decided to get a basically free year of coaching him. The Eagles also wanted him from what I've read.

no one is saying he's a lousy person

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You don't evaluate a player on how much his teammates like him.  He is simply an average at best QB who has his moments but just misses too many throws.  After Year 3 we usually have a pretty good idea who a player is, even a QB.  Yes his contract is a factor when evaluating the situation and it's clear he will get a big payday.  And teams do not want to have to commit to that and for good reason. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Fields torched us pretty good,

So did everybody else.

thats a bar So low you could jump over it with a steam roller.

He had one other good game and that was against the broncos, another defense that was nearly historically inept, beyond that he was terrible and that was his 3rd year as a starter not his first.

There were several teams that needed a quarterback this year and the best offer they could get was a conditional 6th to be a backup.

He may end up having a career resurrection I don't have a crystal ball and neither do you but for right now his value is that of a 5th round pick and it's not really debatable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, redskinss said:

his value is that of a 5th round pick and it's not really debatable.

Actually it is debatable considering he was just traded for a 6th in 2025 and isn't going to start. His value is a 7th rounder, basically nothing.

• Like 1