Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

4 hours ago, CommDownMan said:

Kicker,  long snapper,  re- signed Reaves and Crowder,  Pittman and now Igbinoghene.  

Even special teams has gotten a big boost.   

Guven the possibility that new rules may be approved that will increase the number of kickoff returns, improved special teams could give us a significant edge this year.

Looks like our braintrust is right on the cutting edge.

I love finally having decision makers that are proactive rather than reactive.

4 hours ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I cannot pronounce that last name [Igbinoghene].

I'm just calling him Iggy. 😉

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 3

17 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Sounds like Forbes. Hopefully Quinn can revitalize both of them. 

I think Forbes is a much better prospect than Noah Igbinoghene.  Noah Igbinoghene highest PFF grade in 4 seasons is 52.2.   Forbes had a 50.9 last year so whether he can become a starter remains a question, but Igbinoghene is probably the last corner on your team who makes it due to special teams if he makes it at all.   He was a developmental prospect that didn't really develop.  He was only 20 years at the start of his rookie season with decent physical tools.   But he is a case in point of why it can be dangerous to take players who were not great in college and assume you can mold them in the NFL in the first round.   Day 2 it makes sense, but day 1, it is a gamble.  A gamble that did not pay off in Miami's case.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Reading his profile it sounds like he needs some good coaching. He may work out given proper tutelage.

20 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I think Forbes is a much better prospect than Noah Igbinoghene.  Noah Igbinoghene highest PFF grade in 4 seasons is 52.2.   Forbes had a 50.9 last year so whether he can become a starter remains a question, but Igbinoghene is probably the last corner on your team who makes it due to special teams if he makes it at all.   He was a developmental prospect that didn't really develop.  He was only 20 years at the start of his rookie season with decent physical tools.   But he is a case in point of why it can be dangerous to take players who were not great in college and assume you can mold them in the NFL in the first round.   Day 2 it makes sense, but day 1, it is a gamble.  A gamble that did not pay off in Miami's case.

"I think Forbes is a much better prospect than Noah Igbinoghene."

Iggy (according to Keim) was signed solely to be a special teams player.

If he ever plays cb in a game it's because multiple players were injured and he is our emergency backup of last resort. 

However, as a pure special teamer, he is demonstrably superior to Forbes.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

After watching a little on him, he reminds me a little of Danny Johnson. The type of 4/5 corner you do not want starting but can fill in a game or 2. He is powerful so I can see why he excels special teams. Our new DC is a DB guru so obviously there is traits he likes. 

If he comes from Dallass, DQ should have intimate knowledge of him. Which also begs the question, why wasn't he coached up last year into a starting back? Just curious, because I know coaches can do wonders, but can they do miracles? 

This question isn't directed at you OD25, it's just in general. 

33 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Agree. I watched his college “highlights” which include pass breakups that could have been picks, not locating the ball in the air, and a kick return. Doesn’t look like a good CB, honestly. But as a ST guy? Sure, he’s a big time gunner, and maybe he improves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I believe he can do it with Forbes, but I still have doubts about Igbinoghene. He couldn't fix him in Dallas, I don't see how here ?. I'd like to hear him about this signing. In the mean time as you said we can hope.

43 minutes ago, mudhog said:

If he comes from Dallass, DQ should have intimate knowledge of him. Which also begs the question, why wasn't he coached up last year into a starting back? Just curious, because I know coaches can do wonders, but can they do miracles? 

This question isn't directed at you OD25, it's just in general. 

Maybe, he was far down the depth chart, there is only so much time. Prob. stashed inside the Special team's room. I doubt they would have brought him in with no hope of upside. That thinking sells our coaches and Gm short. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Asking the important question: how do you get that last name on the back of a jersey?

Might have to check the NFL Rules.  The answer is probably… in fine print.  😉

• CapsSkins changed the title to Official 2024 FA/Trades Thread - IN: TE Ertz, DE Armstrong, C Biadasz, LB Luvu, RB Ekeler, K McManus, LG Allegretti, DE Ferrell, QB Mariota, DE Fowler Jr., LS Ott, S Chinn, LB Wagner, ST/LB Pittman, ST/CB Igbinoghene BACK: Reaves, Crowder, Obada
8 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Corey Davis is coming back to the NFL as a free agent, should we look into him?

I thought the jets still retain his rights, do you know for sure he's a free agent?

Nevermind should have googled it first.

He is a free agent.

Edited by redskinss

Some of these guys like “Iggy” are just culture, system knowledge depth, and that makes sense as long as investment is reasonable. One thing I have noticed with some of these FA intro pressers is when asked what they bring to DC you get obligatory “leader on and off the field” , “competitiveness on field and the WEIGHT ROOM”. Can’t say I’ve heard the weight room angle from any of our players other than maybe Allen. Maybe nothing but thinking that’s a trait our front office is seeking out. 

• Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I thought the jets still retain his rights, do you know for sure he's a free agent?

everything I saw said the Jets released him from the reserve/retired list, though they might bring him back

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

More importantly, how does @CapsSkinsget it in the already congested thread title.

Never mind all that I imagining some posters on here trying to spell his name. He’s called Iggy from here on! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1