Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Enjoy and remember this FA in 2024.  You'll never see another one like it again here.  Never!  Crazy, amazingly great!  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Jumbo said:
1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

@Jumbo You must be fascinated observing this. Like Jane Goodall with the chimps.

It's easier to teach sign language to chimps than to get posters to stay on topic. 😆

Who you calling a poster?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Enjoy and remember this FA in 2024.  You'll never see another one like it again here.  Never!  Crazy, amazingly great!  

And we’re not even done yet. Imagine if we had a plethora of picks in this deep draft to follow up on this historic FA period?👀

I stated it weeks ago when we were assembling this Allstar coaching staff. I’m just going to sit back and enjoy and appreciate this fine piece of art being constructed in front of us. It’s coming together even better than I’ve imagined. Im so enjoying this process.

• Like 1

Just now, NYSkins21 said:

And we’re not even done yet. Imagine if we had a plethora of picks in this deep draft to follow up on this historic FA period?👀

I stated it weeks ago when we were assembling this Allstar coaching staff. I’m just going to sit back and enjoy and appreciate this fine piece of art being constructed in front of us. It’s coming together even better than I’ve imagined. Im so enjoying this process.

THIS is how a professional organization operates.

• Thanks 1

I'd love to add a really high rated wr in fa but not thinking it's real likely. We'll prob get a good one along the way though and count on the draft for at least one of the guys who look at least like strong additions if not a jj, ceedee or Higgins.

• Like 6

Just now, Jumbo said:

I'd love to add a really high rated wr in fa but not thinking it's real likely. We'll prob get a good one along the way though and count on the draft for at least one of the guys who look at least like strong additions if not a jj, ceedee or Higgins.

Let adam cook, you never know

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I think we’ll draft one and might be a free agent priority next offseason.

Edited by NYSkins21
My bad. Too many “a’s”. On my third Bullet Old Fashioned!
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

Not s Howell hater, actually like him as a player and felt bad for him for the hand he was dealt here, though still held him accountable for a good portion of his increasing decline.

Hope he has a good career, he is a good guy and I think he still has upside. 

The deal seems fine to me and it probably is better to have him elsewhere as the team and coaching and scheme is going to be completely different than what he learned last year.

Me too, it helps the stock of my shares of Howell as a QB. Seattle just has Geno Smith, who after a comeback player of the year type season in '22, went right back to Meh in '23. Maybe that's harsh, QBR says he went from 7th in '22, to 14th in '23, but I think general consensus is he went from very good, to average or below average for much of '23. 

Just as good, Seattle has a ton of weapons, for Howell, JSN, DK Metcalf (who may leave), Tyler Lockett's close to a retirement tour, Kenneth Walker is light years better than our backs, and while I'm less of a Charb guy than some, he's a great all around back that's may be the best #2 RB in the league, not sure about their OL, but there's no way its as bad as ours. Fant is a better TE than any on our roster. 

If he can win a starting gig there before they end up just trying to turn the page to a rookie, it's a better chance than we gave him. Good weapons, some pieces in places, legit average to below average team rather than a total train wreck.

Our return? I don't know what to say. Its frustrating in terms of value, I just don't feel like movement within rounds or more accurately jumping a round with two specific picks, is necessary worth what I think he could be, otoh, to be fair, he was gone for nothing, or maybe a 7th compensatory after the '25 season anyway, this draft is definitely better than next years, and getting to a point where we now have 4 picks between 36-75ish? and 5 between 36 and 100? That creates a ton of flexibility and a lot of high value draft capital, 5 top 75 picks in all? Not bad at all. 

But Im gonna miss that guy, I think he can start in this league, probably. Hope he gets another chance. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Mike Williams from Chargers could be an option, the Lynn connection and he is a big time player (when healthy)

• Thumb up 2

33 minutes ago, illone said:

But yea, apparently my "steak" joke about Sam landed like a fart at a funeral.  I'll do better :D. 

On the contrary, farting at funerals is hilarious, because of the 'suppressed laughter' effect (George Carlin) 🙂

• Haha 2

Just now, seantaylor=god said:

Mike Williams from Chargers could be an option, the Lynn connection and he is a big time player (when healthy)

I was on board with Williams yesterday but the more I think about it, the less it appeals to me. I wouldn’t be upset with it but I don’t think this is the direction this FO wants to go. I would imagine AP thinks he can find a Mike Williams in the draft. If he can’t maybe next offseason.

Anyone think they might trade up into the first for Bowers? Give Errz someone to take under his wing? How far do you think Bowers can fall?

Good luck Sam Howell. As much as I would have liked for him to stick around, I think this is best. When we get a rookie QB, and he struggles a little bit, we won't have to worry about people clamoring to put Sam in. That's always a distraction. I blame EB and the O Line for most of his issues last season.  It will be cool to see how his career progresses.

• Like 6

Just now, NYSkins21 said:

I was on board with Williams yesterday but the more I think about it, the less it appeals to me. I wouldn’t be upset with it but I don’t think this is the direction this FO wants to go. I would imagine AP thinks he can find a Mike Williams in the draft. If he can’t maybe next offseason.

Anyone think they might trade up into the first for Bowers? Give Errz someone to take under his wing? How far do you think Bowers can fall?

I would lose my mind if we did this. I’ve seen him in the teens in some mocks but also going #5 to LAC. I think thats a little rich though, they’ll probably take Alt

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Bowers didn’t participate in the Georgia Pro day (didn’t at combine either). Claims to still be recovering from ankle, and is planning to workout for teams in April before the draft.

I wouldn’t be able to say where he will go yet because he measured small (6’3 243 at combine).

He film is great but that’s not great size for a TE. I would be really interested in his athletic testing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

This is brilliant.

Agreed.

Bringing back Crowder makes this digestible, but good on Bills owning they need weapons and not letting Cheifs get him instead.

Pretty much sets in stone one of our picks will be a WR, not sure when.