Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

2 minutes ago, illone said:

Simmons must be asking for a bag... Kinda shocked he is still sitting out there.

At the same time, it's nice to have a competent staff in place that won't overpay or swing too hard for one player.

Was just looking at that too. Looks like the tag was 17mil. Wonder if he’s after 12-15m APY. 

Still think we are going to drop a couple a sizeable multi year deals.

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Was just looking at that too. Looks like the tag was 17mil. Wonder if he’s after 12-15m APY. 

Still think we are going to drop a couple a sizeable multi year deals.

He is 30, which is up there for a safety... Not sure I'd go beyond $10M per year with incentives, unless those incentives were some ungodly amount of picks💰:D

1 minute ago, illone said:

He is 30, which is up there for a safety... Not sure I'd go beyond $10M per year with incentives, unless those incentives were some ungodly amount of picks💰:D

Think I’d go just beyond that. I’d be tempted to roll the dice on this one. FS who can rack INTs seems like a worthwhile move. 

I'll be surprised if Simmons signs here. The contract he's apparently going for (multi-year) does not seem to fit with the plan that GMAP and Quinn are executing, at least for this year one of the rebuild/recalibration. We shall see. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

There is as a matter of fact! The Pittman signing finally got me to strike all the outgoing names (it was technically inconsistent in that I listed Cuts who became UFAs but not other UFAs unless they’d signed somewhere).

Fact is our outgoing guys are a bunch of scrubs. Nick Gates doesn’t deserve his name in our thread title.

Thanks.

Really appreciate all the hard work. It’s an invaluable aid to those of us frantically trying to keep up with our unprecedented free agent frenzy.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Think I’d go just beyond that. I’d be tempted to roll the dice on this one. FS who can rack INTs seems like a worthwhile move. 

I'm not sure I would. That's a signing for a team that expects to contend this year and needs an immediate power boost. Peters clearly understands that this isn't that year for the Commanders.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d say both Curl and Curtis Samuel are worth considering…..but only on team friendly deals. No way would I overpay. Less interested in a Fuller return. Lucas as swing tackle would be an option for me.

Davis getting shipped out for a mid/late round pick wouldn’t surprise me.

I thought K.Curl released a cryptic message saying he would not sign here about a day before all the safeties were dropped? I was thinking you burned your bridges. Not sure if it was fake or  just read it somewhere?

Edited by skinsfan66

In 2011 the Lions were found guilty of tampering with Jarrad Page, they forfeited a 7th rounder and a swap of picks in the 5th with the Chiefs.

The  Chiefs forfeited a third-round pick in the 2016 draft and a sixth-round pick in the 2017 draft for tampering with Maclin.

Dolphins forfeited a first-round draft pick in 2023 and third-round pick in 2024 related with Brady and Peyton.

Mara.jpg

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d say both Curl and Curtis Samuel are worth considering…..but only on team friendly deals. No way would I overpay. Less interested in a Fuller return. Lucas as swing tackle would be an option for me.

Davis getting shipped out for a mid/late round pick wouldn’t surprise me.

I seem to rate Samuel higher than most, so I would definitely like to see him get re-signed. Fuller? Yeah, maybe.

I think we keep Davis around. He improved last year.

Edited by London Kev

4 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

I thought K.Curl released a cryptic message saying he would not sign here about a day before all the safeties were dropped? I was thinking you burned your bridges. Not sure if it was fake or  just read it somewhere?

I’m not a big fan of him, and he wants paid. Not convinced he will, so only on a team friendly deal would I entertain him returning.

He still young though, and has talent. He would probably improve dramatically under this staff, if he was more humble and worked hard.

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

Armstrong is a proven perfect fit with new Commanders head coach Dan Quinn, who immediately helped him take his game to new heights upon arriving in Dallas three years ago. Washington could still stand to make another move at edge rusher, with Armstrong more a rotational piece than a top guy, but linebacker Frankie Luvu also adds another pass rush element.

Ekeler brings the pass-catching element to Washington, which lost Antonio Gibson in free agency to the New England Patriots. Ekeler’s pairing with Brian Robinson is a perfect complement of skills in the backfield.

The Washington Commanders join the New England Patriots as a team picking in the top three of the draft that probably doesn’t want a young player backing up a top draft pick, with Jacoby Brissett and Mariota now serving as bridges to the future. Mariota was the No. 2 overall pick back in 2015 and can now mentor the No. 2 pick in 2024. In addition, his athleticism and mobility, paired with a big arm, is the profile of quarterback Kliff Kingsbury likes to work with.

PFF FREE AGENCY GRADE: A

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agency-grades-all-32-teams

A????? Grade A?????

We haven't gotten an A on our report card in 30 years? Everyone to Dairy Queen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I can't get excited about special teams players or signings anymore.  I miss that part of the game but its all touchbacks and fair catches now. Ohhh the excitement of a possible missed XP.  Long live BMitch Mike Nelms and the return game. Yes I remember Crowder had that one.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I'll be the first to say I dont give a rats ass if Curl goes. Maybe a 1 year prove it to stay.. the days of the high ticket contracts F that we need flexibilty right now to find fits on our new D. Curl was a large part of our pathetic defense (had to share SOME blame) and if we are cleaning house there is no need to pay top dollar to someone who likely had their development stunted or regressed.

No one from the clownshow that was our defense last year deserves a big contract. None of them.

• Like 4