Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Just now, Stoox said:

These two days have been seriously lit.

Now I'm thinking that the *only* free agent of our own that is coming back is Jeremy Reaves.

We had ~26 guys who were UFA/RFA coming into last week. Not only are we not going to sign any of them back except JR, I'm not sure how many will get signed by other teams either. Brisset, Gibson, Fuller, Curl and Samuel. Anyone else? Maybe Crowder and Toohill?

Rivera had 4 years to stock the roster. What an indictment of his ability to acquire talent.... 

At least he left us with a ton of cap space

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WashingtonRedWolves said:

At least he left us with a ton of cap space

The books were incredibly tidy, though that may have been out of necessity 😝

We'll take it however we can get it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I've been a fan of this team for over 15 years. This is pretty much the first time I have ever seen free agents WANT to come here for anything aside from bags of cash. It feels like we've got some real momentum here. Coaches want to be here. Players want to join us. Everybody seems to sense that we are building something and want to jump on the bandwagon...

I'm saying it right now. Thank god we got Dan Quinn. The way it has played out, this was absolutely the right hire to see this rebuild. I don't think we'd be as happy as we are right now if we had got any of the younger shiny coaches.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Rivera had 4 years to stock the roster. What an indictment of his ability to acquire talent.... 

Peters acquired more talent in 30 hours than Rivera did in 4 years.  And Peters didn't mortgage the future to do it either.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

All these one year contracts are interesting. Means we will have a lot of cap space again next year, when the coaches and Peters will have a better evaluation oF the team and know which holes to fill or what “big splash” players to go for along side a second year QB. But also, it’ll give the ones that play well to have the opportunity to sign elsewhere 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, oraphus said:

to be honest .. the previous Wash regimes over the last 20+ years have proven that these so called "professionals" are no better talent evaluators than an average fan and so fans have the right to question and debate every decision until proven otherwise... lets hope the current FO group is different.

Well the funniest bit, is, and I can tell you this, the dynasty analytics community is better, period, at evaluating WR's and RB's than NFL Front Offices. I've been watching this ---- since 2015, and they just are, because $$$$ is at stake. With NFL teams, they often make colossal screw ups at those fantasy positions (QB, RB, WR, TE), I think the most consistent reason why, admittedly, is because teams are looking for system fit, rather than ceiling of talent, and so like the Raiders will ignore all logic, and take Henry Ruggs over Cee Dee Lamb, who literally everyone on earth knew was a vastly superior talent to Ruggs, early it was the NFL that totally botched AJ Brown, and Metcalf, not the dynasty community, the NFL reaching for RB's in round 1, over and over and over again, and then other teams smartly snapping up mega talents in round 2 in '17, '18, '22 etc? 

Its true. The league can be myopic at times with both "need" and "fit" and forget that getting a guy whose actually legit good, trumps system fit, and need. I mean how many times did we have to just keep plucking need and fit guys way too early with Ron before they got a clue and just targeted talent? I mean, we're still waiting, and they never will.

The appeal to authority fallacy is all fine and well, we all know their paid, they're talented, sometimes (sometimes they're just connected), they have vastly more information, but they also consistently make stupid mistakes, especially specific organizations and people, that are quite predictable that some of us can suss out. I'm not gonna criticize QB screw ups too much, the QB is beyond the rubik's cube in terms of sussing thing out, but there's just a lot of things that teams ignore that are base level obvious, whether its positional value and draft capital, or talent trumps fit etc. It just happens again and again and again, and it usually though not always the usual suspects (the raiders, our team, gettleman, Dorsey etc) who make the stupidest of the mistakes. Nobody can do this perfectly, but there are edges. 

On a side note. How humbled is Chase Young right now? Seeing he's getting passed over time and time again. He's probably going to have to take a approve it one year deal. Show that his heart is still in it or that it ever truly was. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Want to give kudos to @ThatNFLChickShe's got the RSS alerts on lock!

Just a little aside, but I wouldn't assume the poster is female. I don't think it's the case. There are other references possible for the name.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

On a side note. How humbled is Chase Young right now? Seeing he's getting passed over time and time again. He's probably going to have to take a approve it one year deal. Show that his heart is still in it or that it ever truly was. 

Would be interesting to see what DQ and Whitt could cook up for him.... if they thought he had the heart and the juice, then I wouldn't hate it at a reasonable price. He has got that gamechanger ability...

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Dare I say Gilmore!

If he is willing to sign a 1 year deal at less than $10M a year, it is a no brainer. I think it is only a matter of time before they sign Jourdan Lewis to be the slot guy.

• Like 1

Just now, UKskins said:

Would be interesting to see what DQ and Whitt could cook up for him.... if they thought he had the heart and the juice, then I wouldn't hate it at a reasonable price. He has got that gamechanger ability...

Going to the 9ers and playing in the SB. Maybe the humbling comes after this season or next.  Hopefully so in the best interest of the player.  

1 minute ago, UKskins said:

Let him go we have moved on. He is a headache 

• Like 3

Just now, method man said:

If he is willing to sign a 1 year deal at less than $10M a year, it is a no brainer. I think it is only a matter of time before they sign Jourdan Lewis to be the slot guy.

I was thinking if he loves DQ like other players from other teams and he played for him last year maybe a 1 year up to 7 mill dollar deal.  Nah, I'm dreaming.  

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Just a little aside, but I wouldn't assume the poster is female. I don't think it's the case. There are other references possible for the name.

Fair point! No presumption intended.

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for position flex, Chinn is a safety-LB type. Big nickle, too.   As a college player, played with a ton of energy-all over the field.   One of the most fun watches for me over the years of SS types. 

Up and down career so far.  But i like his chances working with good defensive coaches like this team has now.  

Hmmm.  Where will Quan Martin fit in?