Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

18 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Exactly what I thought.  DE Armstrong won't come cheap (I think he signs here) nor will S Kearse (won't cost as much as Curl).  Both from Dallas but know the scheme and immediately upgrade our D, I think.  

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Jourdan Lewis as well. And what about their offensive FAs Tyler Biadasz and Tony Pollard?

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think he means we won't be active but we make value signings. Players who can contribute and not just come over to get a paycheck.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

28 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Jourdan Lewis as well. And what about their offensive FAs Tyler Biadasz and Tony Pollard?

If we drag a ton of cowboys over because of quinn it'll be a bad look for peters in my opinion. 

He's supposed to be the general manager and premier talent evaluator but if we just bring in guys who quinn is familiar with it'll look like peters is taking his cues from quinn rather than the other way around. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

25 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I don't think he means we won't be active but we make value signings. Players who can contribute and not just come over to get a paycheck.

The way I took it is they will be active but with more medium type signings than hitting the top end of the market so they can fill more needs 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Feels like a bunch of medium signings versus 1 or 2 big ones 

Agree. SIP.  I think Armstrong fills one need at DE/EDGE the Dallas mode of a Dline and you add SS Kearse too to replace Curl who is shooting for the moon.  

37 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Jourdan Lewis as well. 

Very possible added to our CBs who can transition and be used to their strengths.  I will be excited to see how they can coach up Forbes.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

$90m feels like a lot, but it’s not really… when the roster looks like ours. I’m always quality > quantity but with the amount of holes we have and the rather weak FA market, I’m not sure how much upgrading we can do.

isnt Tyron smith hitting the market? If so, he has to be our first call. The abysmal OL must be fixed before anything else. Howell and bienemy got dealt a rough hand having to try to win behind that sieve, but I digress. Cushenberry is also high on my wants list.

we need someone to pair with jamin- Luvu would be solid. And Gardner-Johnson in the outfield. 

alright nvm, there are some quality players available. Let’s just hope this regime doesn’t make headscratching move after boneheaded move like the previous. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, CTskin said:

$90m feels like a lot, but it’s not really… when the roster looks like ours. I’m always quality > quantity but with the amount of holes we have and the rather weak FA market, I’m not sure how much upgrading we can do.

isnt Tyron smith hitting the market? If so, he has to be our first call. The abysmal OL must be fixed before anything else. Howell and bienemy got dealt a rough hand having to try to win behind that sieve, but I digress. Cushenberry is also high on my wants list.

we need someone to pair with jamin- Luvu would be solid. And Gardner-Johnson in the outfield. 

alright nvm, there are some quality players available. Let’s just hope this regime doesn’t make headscratching move after boneheaded move like the previous. 

I think the draft is where we go for home run swings for quality. Use FA to fill out the roster and look for potential value signings. 

• Like 2

Doubt we sign many long-term deals with this many spots to fill (starting and depth). 1&2 year deals will be the norm. 

As such that means we’ll need to be more frugal on a per deal basis than we think just to field a full roster that isn’t half UDFA. Can’t spread cap hits into future for C and D level talent

LT seems like a position they'd potentially look to sign a free agent. You want a competent OL for any QB, particularly a rookie, And its a tough position to fill no matter what. You MIGHT be able to draft someone good, but seems easier to sign someone now and see what happens in the draft. Though even middling options tend to be expensive and pickings are slim. So it's a seller's market.

Jonah Williams is an example of the type of guy who I don't want. He's going to get overpaid by someone given his draft pedigree. He is not a good tackle whether it is the right side or the left side. He is McGlinchey 2.0

10 minutes ago, method man said:

Jonah Williams is an example of the type of guy who I don't want. He's going to get overpaid by someone given his draft pedigree. He is not a good tackle whether it is the right side or the left side. He is McGlinchey 2.0

I'd rather they overpay for a decent LT than watch the same movie we did last year on the OL.  Its unlikely the team will be able to adequately address the OL strictly through the draft.  IMO, if they don't spend considerable FA resources upgrading the OL, they'd be better off sitting our rookie QB for a year.  

• Like 3

Idk what will do in free agency but if I had to guess . 

tyron smith

marques brown ( replaces samuels ) 

swift 

Xavier McKinney

Mike Gesicki or Hooper 

Andre James

Howell gets traded for a fourth and next year fifth . 

Edited by Commander202
  • Like 1

SS Kearse  (30) - $4-6m per year

DE Armstrong (26) - $4-6m per year

DE Fowler (29) - $3-5m per year 

TE Fant (26) - $6-8m per year

C James (26) - $6-8m per year

OT Williams (26) - $10-12m per year

LB Jewell (29) - $5-7m per year 

These are all slightly above what Spotrac values them at. But these are the signings I would expect. Maybe we get splashy with 1 bigger signing (Williams could be that and push $13-14m). But I would be happy with this sort of group. The rest of the signings could be 1 year stopgaps. That’s 7 additions + 9 picks + 2 UDFA and now you’re close to having 53 guys worth rostering. 

And the collective cap hits of these guys + our draft pick pool would eat up about $50-60m tops. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

Keim's new podcast said he expects them to be active in FA.

Clear its they will sign a bunch of guys but the idea is to sign a bunch versus a small number at a high price.

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

These are all slightly above what Spotrac values them at. But these are the signings I would expect. Maybe we get splashy with 1 bigger signing (Williams could be that and push $13-14m). But I would be happy with this sort of group. The rest of the signings could be 1 year stopgaps. That’s 7 additions + 9 picks + 2 UDFA and now you’re close to having 53 guys worth rostering. 

And the collective cap hits of these guys + our draft pick pool would eat up about $50-60m tops. 

Sounds like something that will be at their speed.  In that group been pushing Fant.

They are a bit screwed at LT, that's the one spot where there is almost nohing so Williams wouln't surprise me. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Keim has referred to they want a veteran center not a rookie center to work with a rookie QB several times.  So the hinit there is they expect a rookie QB as most of us do (a few stragglers don't) and don't expect them to draft a center

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

93. C TYLER BIADASZ, DALLAS COWBOYS

Biadasz’s extensive starting experience dating back to his Wisconsin days shows up with clean technique and good hand usage, but he’s prone to getting driven off the ball by power rushers. He could help a young quarterback adjust to the NFL by calling out protections, and he reacts well to twists and stunts, but he’ll cause the pocket to collapse at times, even if he stays in front of rushers.

As a run blocker, Biadasz executes combo blocks well — though it helps to work alongside Zack Martin and Tyler Smith. Prospective teams could do a lot worse in adding a mid-tier center with football smarts.

Top free agent comparison: Ted Karras, 2022
Player Pass-block grade True pass set pass-block grade Positive run-block grade percentage APY as % of Cap at signing
Tyler Biadasz 61.9 57.1 10.8% ?
Ted Karras 64.6 67.3 11.3% 2.9%

58. C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY III, DENVER BRONCOS

Cushenberry was named the starting center as a rookie in 2020 and struggled early, as many players in the same situation have in recent years, with the added responsibility of calling out protections. Three different coaching staffs in his four years didn’t exactly bring stability, either, but Cushenberry put together a career year in 2023 and has grown as a run blocker while consistently showing up as one of the better pass-protecting centers in the NFL over the past few seasons.

Cushenberry uses heavy hands and a good anchor to win against quality pass rushers on the interior, bolstering his value more each year. He may be served better in a gap-heavy rushing scheme, but any limitations as a run blocker in space are vastly outweighed by his pass-blocking strength. Penalties could stand to come down a bit, but that’s nitpicking an ascending young player who looks the part of a centerpiece of an offensive line for years to come.

Top free agent comparison: Mitch Morse, 2019
Player Pass-block grade True pass set pass-block grade Positive run-block grade percentage APY as % of Cap at signing
Lloyd Cushenberry 76.5 73.2 11.8% ?
Mitch Morse 80.4 74.0 7.8%

5.9%

46. C ANDRE JAMES, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

James clearly earned a lot of respect and trust from the previous Raiders regime, given that the team was willing to trade away franchise pillar Rodney Hudson to the Arizona Cardinals to have James supplant him at center.

The move proved to be a smart one. James is patient and a clean fit in pass protection, able to mirror the shiftier interior pass rushers and generally withstand power rushes, save for a few matchups with the true brute forces on the inside.

Top free agent comparison: Bradley Bozeman, 2023
Player Pass-block grade True pass set pass-block grade Positive run-block grade percentage APY as % of Cap at signing
Andre James 67.3 63.4 11.8% ?
Bradley Bozeman 67.9 60.1 11.5%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

Thinking of other medium-to medium high to lower end signing types.  Assuming some of the dudes I've pushed here like Mckinney might end up too rich but will see

43. EDGE ZA'DARIUS SMITH, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Smith was traded from the Minnesota Vikings to the Cleveland Browns this past offseason and revised his contract, converting it into a one-year pact for $11.677 million, a price tag he vastly outplayed once again. Smith has the size and explosiveness to rush from the A-gaps out to a two-point stance as a stand-up outside linebacker, and he has earned pass-rush grades above 80.0 in his past four full seasons.

Justin Houston’s two-year, $23 million contract with $18.5 million in total guarantees signed in 2019 with the Indianapolis Colts is another strong comparable deal here.

Top free agent comparison: Robert Ayers, 2016
Player Pass-rush grade True pass set pass-rush grade Pass-rush win rate Run-defense grade APY as % of Cap at signing
Za’Darius Smith 87.9 90.4 18.6% 67.9 ?
Robert Ayers 89.8 91.2 16.0% 60.1 4.2%

49. EDGE JOSH UCHE, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Similar to the New York Jets Bryce Huff, Uche is a difficult evaluation. However, Huff increased his role despite the Jets drafting an edge defender in the first round, whereas Uche’s role diminished despite injuries to key contributors such as Matthew Judon in New England.

Uche is a pure designated pass rusher who can be deployed on late downs to pin his ears back and get home for timely pressures and sacks, which is still valuable. A one-year flier to boost his stock back up may be the best route at this juncture.

Top free agent comparison: Haason Reddick, 2021
Player Pass-rush grade True pass set pass-rush grade Pass-rush win rate Run-defense grade APY as % of Cap at signing
Josh Uche 83.8 80.4 16.4% 66.8 ?
Haason Reddick 80.4 88.0 10.9% 56.7 3.3%

50. EDGE LEONARD FLOYD, BUFFALO BILLS

Floyd was let go by the Los Angeles Rams as they dropped from the most expensive NFL team in 2022 to the cheapest in 2023. Still, he made a handful of splash plays this regular season, with several coming in key moments.

Floyd earned 65.0-plus pass-rush grades in three straight seasons prior to 2023, and his 38.5 sacks since then have flown under the radar as a top-10 mark among edge defenders.

Floyd is long and rangy, with good burst but only adequate bend around the edge. He tends to impact more plays than the box score indicates, thanks to his good instincts to get his hands up to deflect passes or disrupt throwing windows.

Top free agent comparison: Bruce Irvin, 2018
Leonard Floyd 66.1 69.7 11.1% 55.4 ?
Bruce Irvin 65.7 70.7 9.7% 77.5 1.8%

51. LB JORDYN BROOKS, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Brooks draws tough assignments in coverage, which knocks his grade a bit, but it also illustrates the trust this defense has in him. His ability to return by Week 1 of 2023 from a torn ACL suffered in Week 17 of 2022 was extremely impressive, and he posted career highs in pass-rush grade and coverage grade this season. Brooks is a three-down player who could continue to grow with improved health and experience.

Perhaps it would be wise for Brooks to sign a shorter deal that enables him to get back on the market sooner for another bite at the apple, with more good play to put on tape another year removed from his torn ACL.

Top free agent comparison: Bobby Okereke, 2023
Player Run-defense grade Coverage grade in the box Forced incompletion rate Run-stop rate APY as % of Cap at signing
Jordyn Brooks 61.1 48.3 4.4% 8.6% ?
Bobby Okereke 67.3 62.0 1.7% 7.8% 4.4%

53. S GENO STONE, BALTIMORE RAVENS

In his first season playing in a full-time role on a defense that deploys three-safety looks as much as any team in the NFL, Stone boasted an 84.9 PFF coverage grade in the regular season that ranked seventh at the position and brought in a position-leading seven interceptions.

The knocks on Stone will be about his lack of deployment in the box or the slot and his poor run defense and tackling, missing 19% of tackle opportunities this season.

Top free agent comparison: Duron Harmon, 2017
Player Coverage grade w/ no pressure Cov. grade on throws in ≤ 3s Forced incompletion rate Run-defense grade APY as % of Cap at signing
Geno Stone 84.9 82.6 1.9% 42.9 ?
Duron Harmon 76.9 80.3 6.3% 47.5 2.5%

55. T JONAH WILLIAMS, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Williams requested a trade this past offseason after the Bengals signed free agent tackle Orlando Brown Jr. to take over on the left side, but he eventually rescinded the request and got back to work mastering his craft at right tackle, where he hadn’t started since his undergraduate days in college at Alabama. The former first-round pick has always been an above-average pass protector and has stayed healthy throughout 2023.

While Williams may not have the ceiling perceived coming out of college, a high-floor pass blocker with a strong pedigree should do fairly well in unrestricted free agency with the league-wide scarcity of solid tackle play.

Top free agent comparison: Ja’Wuan James, 2019
Player Pass-block grade True pass set pass-block grade Negative run-block grade percentage APY as % of Cap at signing
Jonah Williams 63.2 60.9 12.6% ?
Ja’Wuan James 72.5 64.2 14.1% 6.8%

54. TE NOAH FANT, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

The former Denver Broncos first-round pick was sent to the Seattle Seahawks as a part of the Russell Wilson trade, and despite a decline in receiving yards in four consecutive seasons, Fant has had the potential for more production. Fant has breakaway speed in the open field for a tight end to go with a good understanding of how to let blocks develop in front of him and use the full field to avoid would-be tacklers.

Top free agent comparison: Eric Ebron, 2018
Player Receiving grade Yards per route run Positive run-block grade percentage APY as % of Cap at signing
Noah Fant 68.3 1.35 4.4% ?
Eric Ebron 72.5 1.46 3.3$ 3.7%

152. S JEREMY CHINN, CAROLINA PANTHERS

Chinn was not viewed as a fit in Ejiro Evero’s defense in 2023, and with the defensive coordinator retained, it appears the safety is on the way out. Chinn is a big hybrid safety/linebacker who also spent time in the nickel spot, and he is not afraid to make plays in the muck at or behind the line of scrimmage.

Top free agent comparison: Andrew Sendejo, 2016
Player Coverage grade w/ no pressure Cov. grade on throws in ≤ 3s Forced incompletion rate Run-defense grade APY as % of Cap at signing
Jeremy Chinn 57.2 56.4 8.3% 52.0 ?
Andrew Sendejo 57.4 63.8 5.6% 65.5 2.6%

145. T CAM FLEMING, DENVER BRONCOS

Fleming is a capable swing tackle in an offseason that doesn’t offer many legitimate veterans who can hold up well enough on both sides of the line. The high-floor pass-protecting veteran is limited in space as a run blocker but would offer a sense of security to any team that wants a third tackle to count on.

Top free agent comparison: Jermon Bushrod, 2016
Player Pass-block grade True pass set pass-block grade Negative run block grade percentage APY as % of Cap at signing
Cam Fleming 74.4 73.4 12.6% ?
Chris Clark 79.0 76.2 10.1% 1%

*All data in tables reflects two years prior to UFA contract signing

Contract projection: Available in PFF's free agency rankings

124. G GREG VAN ROTEN, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

Van Roten does a nice job of keeping his chest clean with fully extended arms on double-teams, enabling him to quickly disengage and get to the second level, but he can lose ground at the line off the snap when he doesn’t have a confident first step. The veteran has always been a solid pass protector, absorbing contact well if he stays in front of the rusher.

Top free agent comparison: Chris Chester, 2015
Greg Van Roten 74.2 67.1 11.0% ?
Chris Chester 73.8 66.4 13.6% 1.9%

119. TE AUSTIN HOOPER, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

Hooper is still a solid in-line tight end with good straight-line speed once he gets a head of steam going. He also flashes an ability to make the first defender miss on check-down opportunities, on occasion.

Top free agent comparison: Benjamin Watson, 2013
Player Receiving grade Yards per route run Positive run-block grade percentage APY as % of Cap at signing
Austin Hooper 69.2 1.15 4.1% ?
Benjamin Watson 69.8 1.26 6.4% 1.3%

115. T JOSH JONES, HOUSTON TEXANS

Jones does well in the run game to get on the play side of defenders and wall off his assignment with heavy hands. As a pass protector, his pass set can be a bit slow out of the gate, which then leads to some frantic recovery efforts, but when he is square in front of the rusher, he is not easy to discard. He looks more comfortable with his footwork on the left side, but it helps he has experience at both bookend spots.

Top free agent comparison: Andre Dillard, 2023
Player Pass-block grade True pass set pass-block grade Negative run block grade percentage APY as % of Cap at signing
Josh Jones 71.6 64.0 5.1% ?
Andre Dillard 72.6 66.0 10.4% 4.3%

114. TE ADAM TRAUTMAN, DENVER BRONCOS

Trautman is a good in-line blocker and can serve as a check-down outlet against soft zone coverage. His run blocking is the major value add, including some impressive reps in 2023 of displacing defensive ends and outside linebackers at the point of attack with good drive and a low center of gravity.

Top free agent comparison: Geoff Swaim, 2019
Player Receiving grade Yards per route run Positive run-block grade percentage APY as % of Cap at signing
Adam Trautman 54.6 0.84 8.1% ?
Geoff Swaim 57.3 0.99 8.1% 1.7%

110. LB TYREL DODSON, BUFFALO BILLS

Dodson took over as a starter in Week 8 and filled in admirably for a defense that sorely missed Matt Milano. Dodson is undersized at 6-foot and 237 pounds, but he makes up for it with a good understanding of angles and leverage, getting to his spot quickly and staying springy on the balls of his feet.

Top free agent comparison: Nick Kwiatkoski, 2020
Player Run-defense grade Coverage grade in the box Forced incompletion rate Run-stop rate APY as % of Cap at signing
Tyrel Dodson 77.2 66.2 4.7% 10.3% ?
Nick Kwiatkoski 69.3 64.8 4.7% 7.7% 3.5%

107. EDGE DEREK BARNETT, HOUSTON TEXANS

Barnett’s journey to the open market is unique and circuitous. The Philadelphia Eagles, his original team, agreed to a revised contract ahead of 2023 after he sparsely played the prior year, and when that trend continued, Barnett made his way to Houston via waivers — and flourished.

From Weeks 14-18, Barnett earned an 86.1 pass-rush grade with a 22.7% pass-rush win rate, two-and-a-half sacks and nine more quarterback hits. Barnett appears to fit best in an even front with his hand in the dirt, and while he doesn’t have the fastest first step at this stage of his career, he absorbs contact really well and utilizes an inside spin move and slip move to the outside to get past tackles.

Top free agent comparison: Alex Okafor, 2018
Player Pass-rush grade True pass set pass-rush grade Pass rush win rate Run-defense grade APY as % of Cap at signing
Derek Barnett 75.3 77.4 15.5% 79.7 ?
Alex Okafor 77.3 83.8 12.5% 70.9 2%

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim's new podcast said he expects them to be active in FA.

Clear its they will sign a bunch of guys but the idea is to sign a bunch versus a small number at a high price.

Sounds like something that will be at their speed.  In that group been pushing Fant.

They are a bit screwed at LT, that's the one spot where there is almost nohing so Williams wouln't surprise me. 

LT is going to be the biggest need for us outside of QB and we have painted ourselves into a bit of a corner as it stands. Either pony up big money in FA or hope someone falls in the draft, perhaps find someone that is at least serviceable who falls to the 2nd. PFF has 8 LT projected as first rounders. Not sure if there will be that many going in the first but its a position of need across the NFL right now. We are not in a good position at all at LT. PFF has the likes of Tyler Guyton, Jordan Morgan and Kingsley Suamataia projected early second.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, method man said:

I wouldn't overpay him either (although I do think he's better than McGlinchey was).  Williams is basically Leno 2.0.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I agree with your thought pattern.  I am still hoping for more infusion in talent from last minute team cuts

Fant one of the bigger FA targets that make sense. 

I want Cushenberry at C but James has had little mention here and does deserve a look. He may come cheaper than C

I hate where we are with both T's and this FA group isn't exciting. I hate to think they are penciling Wylie in at RT.

What is decent with this FA class is G, DL, LB and how about those Safeties! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I agree with your thought pattern.  I am still hoping for more infusion in talent from last minute team cuts

Fant one of the bigger FA targets that make sense. 

I want Cushenberry at C but James has had little mention here and does deserve a look. He may come cheaper than C

I hate where we are with both T's and this FA group isn't exciting. I hate to think they are penciling Wylie in at RT.

What is decent with this FA class is G, DL, LB and how about those Safeties! 

Im in the same boat. I think LT and C are huge for the new QB to have. The other positions I think we can get by with "solid" additions, but I'm nervous about what we will trot out on the O line.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

LT is going to be the biggest need for us outside of QB and we have painted ourselves into a bit of a corner as it stands. Either pony up big money in FA or hope someone falls in the draft, perhaps find someone that is at least serviceable who falls to the 2nd. PFF has 8 LT projected as first rounders. Not sure if there will be that many going in the first but its a position of need across the NFL right now. We are not in a good position at all at LT. PFF has the likes of Tyler Guyton, Jordan Morgan and Kingsley Suamataia projected early second.

I doubt Guyton falls to the 2nd round pick albiet he should.  IMO some team will falls hard for his traits.  I'd love Morgan, I think 50-50 he's there.  I don't like Kingsley -- IMO he's raw as heck and will get the young QB killed.  I do like Patrick Paul in that range albiet he's a bit raw, too.