Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Tyron Smith to me is kind of like the SF and Trent Williams situation (Trent was 31 when traded).  I'll bet he is on Peters/Quinn's radar.

Martin just posted that Smith has missed an average of 9 games per season over the last 4 years. Why on earth would you spend big money on a guy who might play half the season? The comparison to Trent is way off base. Trent has been far more healthy during his career.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Martin just posted that Smith has missed an average of 9 games per season over the last 4 years. Why on earth would you spend big money on a guy who might play half the season? The comparison to Trent is way off base. Trent has been far more healthy during his career.

First, I was only comparing a similar age and talented vet when going to another team. 

As far as injuries, Trent has missed a lot of games in his career.

image.thumb.png.c9073bc9f728d43e942464f7cd102ab3.png

Edited by HigSkin

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

First, I was only comparing a similar age and talented vet when going to another team. 

As far as injuries, Trent has missed a lot of games in his career.

image.thumb.png.c9073bc9f728d43e942464f7cd102ab3.png

By this chart, Trent has missed 36-40 games over 13 years, and Smith has missed nearly that many in the last 4. Kind of a big difference.

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Connor Williams is the most prominent center available, but he tore his ACL in December, so most likely he won't be available for the beginning of the season.

I don't know much about the rest of these guys but the following players are also available.  From what I can tell, the first several of these could be reasonably good options. My guess is we land one of these guys. 

Tyler Biadasz

Lloyd Cushenberry

Andre James

Aaron Brewer

COnnor McGovern

Evan Brown

Mason Cole

I too like the idea of a vet C to marry with a rookie QB.

Cushenberry tops my list of that group.

I really think a good 3-4 year deal could be had for Williams due to the knee. He is better than the rest of them.

• Like 4

Any team signing Smith had better have a really good swing tackle behind him, because expecting more than 10 or 11 starts is optimistic. They will be quality starts though.

Given the size of contract he probably wants (and gets) I would not be interested. There is a reason Dallas are letting him walk.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't see the reasoning behind trading Terry. Rookie QBs need reliable WRs to throw to and there's no real strong pipeline behind him(Dotson needs to prove it to me, year 3 is typically the break out year). No team is gonna give up that much for him, he's not a Davante Adams or Tyreek Hill type dominant game changer but he's a damn good WR and worth keeping.

He's in the Pierre Garcon tier of WR imo - not in terms of play style/skillset, but just in terms of where he finds ni a league wide hierarchy of WR. Definitely a guy you keep around.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Any team signing Smith had better have a really good swing tackle behind him, because expecting more than 10 or 11 starts is optimistic. They will be quality starts though.

Given the size of contract he probably wants (and gets) I would not be interested. There is a reason Dallas are letting him walk.

Watch the Jets they will sign him and the guy from Green Bay.

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Watch the Jets they will sign him and the guy from Green Bay.

A 30 something left tackle who will miss at least 6 starts  (if they are lucky) blocking  for a 40 something QB coming off an achilles tear.

What could go wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, MartinC said:

A 30 something left tackle who will miss at least 6 starts  (if they are lucky) blocking  for a 40 something QB coming off an achilles tear.

What could go wrong.

That is the Jets

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Letting Leno go to sign Tyron Smith:

8hrocr.jpg

'

hope I'm not supposed to delete the meme.

Leno is injured at the moment though.

Fact is there's not that much on the maket.  I've got a top ten list here that at number 10 has a guy who's started 46 game in a ten year career.  I mean, I want us to draft a tackle but I'm not 100% sure of a second round pick as a day 1 starter at LT so I want insurance

Denver LT Garett Bolles entering a contract year, and once they cut ties with Wilson they’ll have to make some cap moves. Bolles had a strong 2023 after returning from injury in 2022. Worth keeping an eye on IMO.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I dont think Samuel returns. You can find guys like him in the mid rounds every year. He accumulates volume stats but doesnt really make

impact plays that change games. 

I think he’s an excellent vet option. The draft looks deep at WR, we can get a good one there too, you would assume. Aside from the top 2/3 free agents, teams might also prefer to draft WR instead of paying decent money. Therefore, Samuel’s might not attract much of a free agent deal, or at least not something that tempt him elsewhere as opposed to coming back here in the #3/4/5 depth set-up.

Not necessarily a big deal either way, but he could have value to us at the right price. Especially with a rookie QB.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

The more I think about it, the more I want Barkley from the Giants. We need blue chip, elite talent on this team, and he is that. Not sure if what trade value B rob would bring but if we were to sign Barkley, I’m not sure if we’d keep B rob if we could receive a decent pick for him, if not, than we would have a legit 2 headed monster in the backfield.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

The Cousins decision will be the domino that determines a lot. If he’s available the Falcons and possibly Pats push hard for him and Fields perhaps goes to the Steelers. If he stays with the Vikings then I think the Falcons give up a 3rd and maybe future pick to get Fields. 

8 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

The more I think about it, the more I want Barkley from the Giants. We need blue chip, elite talent on this team, and he is that. Not sure if what trade value B rob would bring but if we were to sign Barkley, I’m not sure if we’d keep B rob if we could receive a decent pick for him, if not, than we would have a legit 2 headed monster in the backfield.

You dont pay RBs in todays NFL, especially oft imjured ones like Barkley.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The Cousins decision will be the domino that determines a lot. If he’s available the Falcons and possibly Pats push hard for him and Fields perhaps goes to the Steelers. If he stays with the Vikings then I think the Falcons give up a 3rd and maybe future pick to get Fields. 

You dont pay RBs in todays NFL, especially oft imjured ones like Barkley.

From everything everyone has said Fields is a last resort for Falcons. Its Cousins, then the draft and then if neither of those work out the way they want, then maybe they look into Fields.

I just think Fields is like the 3rd choice for most teams and might end up in more of a Trey Lance situation 

• Like 2

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

From everything everyone has said Fields is a last resort for Falcons. Its Cousins, then the draft and then if neither of those work out the way they want, then maybe they look into Fields.

I just think Fields is like the 3rd choice for most teams and might end up in more of a Trey Lance situation 

Yeah the league knows Fields stinks. He wont fetch a 2nd. Im not even 100% convinced he’d fetch a 3rd.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

You dont pay RBs in today’s NFL, especially oft imjured ones like Barkley.

The market will dictate his worth, and it just so happens that we have the most space and can afford to pay a million more a year than the rest do.

Ever since the OG days of Dan Snyder where we over paid, sometimes extremely, for players past their prime, we have been bargain basement shoppers, trying to fill our roster with mid to lower tier free agents. Neither have worked out in any meaningful way at all.

I think we should build through the draft and use our cap to resign our best playmakers, and lineman that play well and deserve to be extended. And then use the rest of our free cap space to sign truly elite, blue chip talent, coming off of their rookie contracts.

Players that are top 3 in their position hardly ever come into free agency, especially guys that just finished their rookie contracts. These are the guys you want to spend on, these are the true game changers. Let someone like Curl walk, he is not a game changer, and hasn’t earned the significant portion of the cap that his contract will eat up.

We have yet to try this strategy since free agency started.

The only non game changers that should be getting paid are O lineman, we should’ve done everything we could’ve to keep Brandon, Trent, and Morgan. 

If no younger, blue chip, elite, top 5-7 player at their position comes out in free agency, don’t settle for lesser talent, fill that spot with a rookie and push that money to the next year and sign the next available super star that comes into free agency, unless there is no need to fill that position because we already have a great player there.

Now someone like Clowney I could get behind as well. Older guys that still have worth and are proven, but only on one year deals. I’d love to sign him and Josh Allen to be are ends this year. Allen is a beast, and would be worth the money. Just please, no more multi year deals for guys past there prime or mid to lower tier guys like Wylie. 

Edited by mac8887

19 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Smith is going to want an enormous contract to finish out his career. Hopefully they will move away from these types of selections.  I thought it was a solid idea, but he is on the backend of his career, and that injury history is horrendous. No thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1