Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened to that ES poster?

TheGreatBuzz

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

What I don't understand is how I missed the BGO split.

Jumbo saying that there was some desire to "monetize" a team message board in, like, 2017 or whenever it happened is news to me. But knowing the guys involved, it makes sense,

"Let's really make a killing with this internet concept from 1996!!!" That's pure Pickle Party logic.

I think there was this belief that something was "wrong" here, that people had gotten too nasty or too negative and what was needed was the exact same site with a different web address and suddenly everyone would get along.

And the only people who went were the five guys who started it plus Sarge, NavyDave, and McD5 who were the three people that made this place entirely too nasty and too negative.

But I've mocked them enough. As payment for my sins, here is a link to their dumb video podcast. If you missed reading Om's long-winded posts that said nothing, you can now hear his long-winded posts that said nothing while looking at him in an off-brand Patrick Ramsey jersey or whatever.

• Haha 2

I can remember, in the recent past, when the stadium was so unruly that we would joke in the RTT, “DO NOT GO IN THE STADIUM TODAY!”  It was little more than a repository of sadsacks drunkenly lamenting how a football team had ruined their lives.

These days tho, its actually quite pleasant and informative.  And now I know why…

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

That was pretty bad.  

The algorithms are not going to pick that up and make it go viral in its current format. They should replace one of the talking heads with a dog that farts every 17.5 seconds for optimum virality.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jobu said:

The guys who started BGO did it because of **** like this.  You know it and they know it. You've run off the good people here over the years so you had to make a thread wondering where they went to.  That's your legacy.  

I started this thread, not @TK.

• Thumb up 1

I know. **** that fat POS regardless. 

LkB joined BGO under a fake name and then slams it.  He's the perfect representation of this site and why it was almost removed by the Redskins. 

• Haha 2

Well, moving on.  I remember McD5...he was the guy that claimed to be a wealthy day trader who almost never lost money and had market timing down to a science, right?  He and Techboy (who was very much a buy and hold long term type) went back and forth a ton over that.

I actually spoke with McD5 once.  My wife and I were planning a trip to Florida near where he lived and he PMd me his number so I could call him for recommendations.  He was absolutely everything you would expect based on his internet persona.  Like Vince Vaughn from Swingers, quick talking and extremely confident in every piece of advice he was dispensing.  Presented less in a "you should try this..." and more in a "I've planned your vacation, you're doing x, y, and z" manner.

I don't know if it was an act or how he really was, but it was memorable, and he seemed genuinely nice.

Edited by Forehead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jobu said:

LkB joined BGO under a fake name and then slams it.  He's the perfect representation of this site and why it was almost removed by the Redskins. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jobu said:

I joined under LKB, made two obnoxious posts, and left.

If it took you months to figure out who I was, that's on you.

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

Well, moving on.  I remember McD5...he was the guy that claimed to be a wealthy day trader who almost never lost money and had marker timing down to a science, right?  He and Techboy (who was very much a buy and hold long term type) went back and forth a ton over that.

McD5 had charts. So many charts. I honestly had no idea what he was talking about.

However, he told the greatest tall tale in the history of this site.

His story that he was a highly successful high school bookie. And every Friday, he would head to the alcohol store and get himself a keg. And he would tap said keg and put it in the front seat of his car (which I want to be an Oldsmobile for this story). And he would then drive to all the fly parties and give the fly honies his fly front seat beer.

I believe my response to this was, "How bad did that car smell?"

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I’m finishing my coffee.

Enjoying my coffee…

Yep!

IMG_4548.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I joined under LKB, made two obnoxious posts, and left.

If it took you months to figure out who I was, that's on you.

Don’t feel bad - it took him two posts to get a permanent ban.

23 hours ago, Bang said:

I talk with Henry out on Twitter. Good dude.

~Bang

You still hanging on with Twitter? I miss some of the people on there - but left when Musk bought it. It was inevitable what he would do with that platform. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I just did some research. Apparently I made 17 posts because I decided to spend a day mocking Om as much as humanly possible.

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really had an issue with that guy and his endless "I have unlimited space and a thesarus and I am going to tell you what I know about football which is I really don't know what's going on and also my wife left me" posts.

• Haha 7

For the record, I am actually a tough guy and have had an unusual number of physical fights across five decades of the seven I've almost lived. Only a couple losses. Plus I can sing. 

I still like to go to parks and challenge young hoodlums.

434.jpg.4f69e63a274f5cc7cee776673efa6c44.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

For the record, I am actually a tough guy and have had an unusual number of physical fights across five decades of the seven I've almost lived. Only a couple losses. Plus I can sing. 

I still like to go to parks and challenge young hoodlums.

434.jpg.4f69e63a274f5cc7cee776673efa6c44.jpg

It’s a mystery to me why you are so hated while I am beloved. 

I think thats what people say … 🙂

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Yep!

Don’t feel bad - it took him two posts to get a permanent ban.

You still hanging on with Twitter? I miss some of the people on there - but left when Musk bought it. It was inevitable what he would do with that platform. 

Yep, it isn't as bad as you might think. I like the Commanders community by and large, and I find the conversations fun and interesting. There's some clowns, but most are good posters. Been looking for you, but I guess you did split.
The ridiculousness Musk causes is easily controlled, I don't get slammed with Nazis or crazy Trumpers Unless i decide to wade in, and in fact, a few of the right wingers who were here in the past are out there, and I do follow some. And mostly, our conversations stick to football. Some of them post their own opinions of politics, and i scroll on by. Usually I will only get block someone if they fill up my feed with crazy retweets from the usual loons. 

I am @BangRadioHour if anyone wants to come join in.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

I'll offer my most recent photo (taken a few months ago, and at 69 y.o. I'll still fight any bgo mod any day😛) of my corpulence in all its glory and I'll put it in context, which will show my judgement isn't in good shape either.

It's taken where I've been trapped for months in a small town in central Montana.

And the rig I'm standing by is called a "side by side" by the locals. Where I've lived and will return to soon it would be an ATV or a "four wheeler."

Politically I am in Sheehy vs Tester territory and about 90 minutes away from commie lefty gender fluid Missoula which isn't flat and brown but nice and green and has water like back in OR and WA. I really like Missoula. Reminds me of Couer D'elene. 

PXL_20230729_203940723.thumb.jpg.ebf83b600772e4ae5e043b761c737864.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4