Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Jets ~ The One Where One Gets Grounded

zCommander

Just now, No Nonsense said:

You don't see Howell spinning into pressure. That one play when it was 3rd and 7 and he didn't see a wide open Logan Thomas. Instead he panicked and spun right into the pass rush. I saw the same thing last week in LA. 

Never said he wasn’t at fault, too. 

Let’s not put words in my mouth.

I am SPECIFICALLY talking about him saying the OL hasn’t been bad.

• Thumb up 4

Just now, KDawg said:

I said they haven't been to bad today. They have been really bad in the past but today they have given a clean pocket many times

Just now, KDawg said:

Have fun. The discussion will turn in circles to "I always said the O-Line was just as much to blame as Sam."

Never mind that the Annandale Boys Club Raiders probably have a better O-Line.

• Like 1

If Ron scapegoats Howell he should be drawn and quartered.

It's possible a QB like Vick, peak Wilson, or Lamar might be able to just put the game on their shoulders and run themselves to respectability.

He's not that.

Acknowledging that, he's really had almost no shot today between protection, drops, play calling and the fact the Jets defense is legitimately good.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

The line has held up for the most part today. He's darted away from some clean pockets. I think he's seeing ghosts. A lot of that stems from the hits he took earlier this year, but I still believe his height has a lot to do with him leaving clean pockets. He can't see over the line.

It’s almost like it comforts you to think it’s a QB problem as opposed to a much bigger problem.

I get it, it’d be much cooler if a shiny new QB could make this team instantly competitive and watchable.

I’m just seeing another week of poor protection, slow developing plays, dropped balls, and an inability to even pretend to run the ball.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Chargers one year, and I don't remember which one, but sometime in the 2000's, had the #1 statistical offense and defense, and ST kept them out of the playoffs.  

I remember that was the year Manning and broncos won superbowl 

Edited by Redskins 2021

Just now, mcdonaldrw said:

With as bad as this team looks I am starting to think that even the players are past the point of giving two ****s about the season.  Good news for us is that means we probably don't sneak in a win again this season

This was the “easy game” of the last 3.  Tank or not tank, we would have ended the season 0-2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s almost like it comforts you to think it’s a QB problem as opposed to a much bigger problem.

I get it, it’d be much cooler if a shiny new QB could make this team instantly competitive and watchable.

I’m just seeing another week of poor protection, slow developing plays, dropped balls, and an inability to even pretend to run the ball.

Nope all I'm saying is we aren't going anywhere anytime soon until he have a qb.