Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning

zCommander

Just now, KDawg said:

I don’t mean that as an attack on you or your character. I’m responding to you saying I’m lecturing people on Howell. 

Again, I don’t know how I can possibly make this more clear or where I have failed in communication… this has nothing to do with Sam Howell. 

Our OL is egregiously awful and whoever is at QB is in a place where their career is hanging in the balance because our OL simply is so far below league par it’s unfathomable.

People wanting a QB is 100% fine by me. As long as our offensive line is fixed. 

FA is not good for OL and our OL fix is going to need to come from the draft. 

Drafting Caleb Williams will not save us. Look at Carolina. Their OL is better than ours but still stinks and their #1 overall QB, that they traded next year’s 1 for and are stuck with, stinks. Lots of good that did.

I agree with you.  Sam deserves a better OL.  We’re lucky he’s still standing.  He’s regressing a bit due to our atrocious OL.  Most QBs with his limited experience would be out of the game injured.  He’s a warrior and deserves the opportunity to play with a much improved OL.  Sometimes I wish they would take him out before he does get hurt.  I think he’s very talented.  I apologize for my poor choice of words.  I do not want to draft a QB.  It needs to be OL, OL, OL, find a new long snapper and pray for good coaches.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Capsman said:

Howell is making a strong case to draft a QB.  His pocket awareness is just awful.  Any pressure and 90% of the time he puts his head down and runs into a defender, usually to his right. Yes once in a while he’ll show some ability to escape but for the most part it’s a problem.  

I do not think these posts are fair. He has no time.  Our O line is putrid.  He is often running for his life.  Yes, he makes some boneheaded mistakes, but he has NO help. Any QB in this league would be highly ineffective behind this line. What amazes me about him is how he forgets the pummeling, the lack of protection, comes back and scores. I am not saying he is perfect, because in my mind he is essentially a rookie.  But he can make all the throws. I also I cannot stand EB as the OC. I finally said it. I can't.  It is an imbalanced disaster.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Anyone else kicking back happy we are getting destroyed?

This team is complete trash. 

Fire Ron. Fire the whole staff. Gut this roster that is the decomposing remains of Snyder and his pathetic narcissistic ways.

Start fresh next off-season with higher picks and a whole new organization. The future is bright with Josh Harris. 

We have a future we just got to rid ourselves of this trash product and in time this dump of a stadium. 

• Like 2